Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (12 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
Honestly? Neither, lol.

Either is a crazy idea to say the very least. Seems like we'll need to pay some transfer fee and then comes the wages part. Both things are on unacceptable to me, especially if you consider their age and desire to get that last fat contract. We should be looking elsewhere, seriously. No big clubs in on Juve's shelf does that shit.

It's alright to have a smaller name on the bench, even natural in our situation - our stars are CR7 and Dybala, end of story. You can't bench Dybala, nor move him to the wing, that experiment has already failed. Both will play the majority of the games anyway, that's the way with them.

I think we the fans have been spoiled the last couple of years with that push for CL. It's nice to witness record breaking-signings, the enthusiasm etc. but this has to stop. It's not sustainable, even worse: it's destroying the club's financial stability. That short term success has become an obsession that will impact the long term well being of the club if the management don't wake up.

I mean, either of Dzeko and Suarez is a bench striker for me. No, a bench striker can't make 7m+ net salary here. As far as I know it doesn't happen at Madrid (except for Bale?), Barca, Bayern etc... I'd like to rule out the oil clubs here, our club is not on that shelf. Hell, Juve is behind everybody financially when you take into consideration the top dogs in the game.

Who instead of them? Luckily it's not my problem but I wouldn't rule out keeping Higuain for the next 6 months just to sign Milik on cheap in January. Then, get Kean back here asap, hopefully he'll be eager to prove something. With a proper team behind, Kean and Higuain can score in Serie A. If you ask about CL, then we're not winning the damn thing anyway, especially with the old farts like Suarez and Dzeko, who have no legs for it anymore and we should be the ones to know perfectly well by now that's what is needed more than ever before.

We can win against Sampdoria with CR7 - Dzeko/Suarez - Dybala but in CL we'll get run over again. Even in Serie A you don't want it away at Verona or Bergamo. This shit won't work, we've been there before.

Unpopular opinion, I know. To me neither Dzeko nor Suarez give guarantees, these are just well known names who should be in MLS now. Not everyone is Ronaldo and that's ok. The club's job is to see this through, otherwise we'll be in the same situation next year, just swap Higuain's name for Dzeko's or Suarez's.
Nice answer. I agree with everything. Short-term solutions.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
€10M net = ~€14M gross, pretty much the same wage we are reportedly offering Dzeko (€7.5M net = ~€14M gross)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And yet you are fapping over 34 yr old Dzeko :shifty:
Because he is my favorite player. I wanted him at Wolfsburg days. Suarez coming out of Ajax would have been amazing too. We never strike while the iron is hot for these kinds of players before they make the "jump".

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
When are we going to fucking sign a world class bomber when they are actually young? :sergio:
Do we need to do it now when we have Ronaldo and Dybala? We need backup, not a young world class bomber who will cost alot to sit on bench.

Also you say this when we close to Suarez, not when it was Dzeko

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Also you say this when we close to Suarez, not when it was Dzeko
I've said this before, long before this summer. You all know how long I've wanted Dzeko, that isn't going to change but it also isn't going to change the fact we haven't gotten a young bomber type striker in I don't know how long.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Honestly not paying a transfer fee and offering a 2 year deal is far far better than paying €12-15M for Roma and offering him pretty much the same pay Suarez would get here.

I would have preferred Dzeko too for 'tactical' reasons but having said that, the last thing I'd want to see is the club committing a lot of money for old players. The outlay for Dzeko with the transfer fee would have been much more.

Plus if Suarez wants to continue representing his nation in international tournaments and play at the highest level and also considering he will be playing alongside the GOAT, that should be enough to keep him motivated and hungry.

Lets wait and hear from reliable sources though because I still think there could be a last minute twist here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)