Luis Nani - Winger - Manchester United (173 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Getting Nani just gives so much more options, now we are kind of stuck with a 3-5-2 like tactic without real wingers which, also, doesn't suit Llorente.
With Nani we can play with wingers also, Nani on the right, and, f.e. Gio on the left.
Is always nice to be able to change things, like we saw against Bayern last season, the 3-5-2 didn't scare them, would have been nivce to have options available to switch things around

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 31, 2008
Getting Nani just gives so much more options, now we are kind of stuck with a 3-5-2 like tactic without real wingers which, also, doesn't suit Llorente.
With Nani we can play with wingers also, Nani on the right, and, f.e. Gio on the left.
Is always nice to be able to change things, like we saw against Bayern last season, the 3-5-2 didn't scare them, would have been nivce to have options available to switch things around
Absolutely :tup: +rep

Although I'd rather see Tevez/Mirko on the left of the front 3.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Absolutely :tup: +rep

Although I'd rather see Tevez/Mirko on the left of the front 3.
Tevez yes, Mirko yes in a 4-3-3.
Gio seems better suited on the left in a 4-4-2 for example.

4-4-2
4-3-3
4-3-2-1 (although this is also an option now)

All tactics we can use Nani in.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
So we should get Nani to play 5-10 games a season? Because, like it or not, 3-5-2 is our main formation.

I really don't think we should add additional players to this squad before we manage to sell some.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
So we should get Nani to play 5-10 games a season? Because, like it or not, 3-5-2 is our main formation.

I really don't think we should add additional players to this squad before we manage to sell some.
Nani won't be bought unless Matri leaves, which, seems certain after Milan's qualification yesterday, so agreed, sell first. (http://www.football-italia.net/38908/matri-hours-away-milan)
And if another tactic works, then why not use it.
At the end of last season and in the CL, it was clear that the 3-5-2 isn't always the best option, we won so many matches with 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, matches in which we could have easily lost points, maybe another tactic is better.

And we already have a 4MEuro/year player on the bench, he could also be better used in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Nani won't be bought unless Matri leaves, which, seems certain after Milan's qualification yesterday, so agreed, sell first. 9http://www.football-italia.net/38908/matri-hours-away-milan)
And if another tactic works, then why not use it.
At the end of last season and in the CL, it was clear that the 3-5-2 isn't always the best option, we won so many matches with 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, matches in which we could have easily lost points, maybe another tactic is better.

And we already have a 4MEuro/year player on the bench, he could also be better used in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.
There is nothing to even insinuate that Conte considers changing his 3 man backline (talking about a serious change here, not something that might happen during the course of a single game). So I personally don't see the point.

As for the 4m dude on our bench: it's been 1 game. Let's wait before we draw any conclusions. Besides, he was a freebie. Something Nani isn't (yet).

Dec 31, 2008

Yes, we have to sell first and 3-5-2 is our main formation.

5-10 games? You never know. If Nani's performance is good and the 4-3-3 seems to be effective, then the chances are high that that formation will be used more often and he'll be getting a good amount of games.

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing to even insinuate that Conte considers changing his 3 man backline (talking about a serious change here, not something that might happen during the course of a single game). So I personally don't see the point.

As for the 4m dude on our bench: it's been 1 game. Let's wait before we draw any conclusions. Besides, he was a freebie. Something Nani isn't (yet).
4-3-3 is a formation that Conte many times in his first season here. Last season it was abandoned mainly due to the fact that we did not have a RW. He even mentioned it in an interview this summer that he doesn't have the necessary wide players for the 4-3-3.

I'm not saying that it's gonna be the regularly used formation. 3-5-2 will most likely remain as that.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

If we had the players for 4-3-3 then Conte would definitely try it.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
That's because they are not attacking wingers/wing forwards like Nani. And Nani won't be playing wingback.
Precisely he'd shift us to a 4-3-3, and would create a lot of chances in attack for us.

The other two are not dangerous with the ball at their feet.

- - - Updated - - -

Pepe

- - - Updated - - -

wait, what? Did you watch licht agains Lazio in the super cup?!
Yes I did, Licht is a solid player, no doubt. He's one of the top RWB's going around right now. What I'm saying is that he and Asa are not dangerous attackers. They are great defenders and decent at helping the attack, Licht more so, but you'd be hard pressed seeing them take matters in their own hands, beat a player, and setup a goal or score. That's not a criticism of them because ultimately they're defensive minded players.

Nani on the other hand is a world class attacker.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
fuck Denis. There's no way we should be adding such players to our team at this point in time.

Nani, Nainggolan & Coentrao pls

:beppe:

GK: Buffon, Storari, Rubinho
RB/RWB: Licht, Isla
CB: Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Ogbonna, Caceres
LB/LWB: Coentrao, Peluso
CM: Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Marchisio, Asamoah, Nainggolan
RW: Nani, Pepe
LW: Vucinic, Giovinco
CF: Tevez, Llorente, Quagliarella

Buffon
Licht-Barzagli-Chiellini-Coentrao
Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba
Nani-Tevez-Vucinic

Buffon
Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
Licht-Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba-Coentrao
Tevez-Llorente

Buffon
Licht-Vidal-Pogba-Coentrao
Nani-Tevez-Vucinic

Buffon
Pirlo
Licht-Vidal-Pogba-Asamoah-Coentrao
Tevez

Buffon
Nainggolan-Pogba-Marchisio
Vidal
Tevez-Llorente

Buffon
Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio
Nani-Tevez
Llorente

Buffon
Nainggolan-Asamoah
Nani-Vidal-Vucinic
Tevez​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 173)