Luis Muriel - Striker - Udinese (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The same garbage we read every transfer window. The FM crybabies get angry when the big name circle jerking fails to produce a Suarez, RVP or Aguero on command.

Marotta stays. Simple.
But he needs to deliver this season. No one should have a secured spot in our team just for the saeke of it.

Im pretty sure that Marotta will not be sacked if he fails to deliver a good forward.... because he also has scored very good signings and that needs to be accepted... but i think no one can deny that the guy has a hell of a hard time luring top guys here.

Anyways, im aware that the situation was not optimal in the past mercatos for him to do magic..... but this one... he needs to do something.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
But he needs to deliver this season. No one should have a secured spot in our team just for the saeke of it.

Im pretty sure that Marotta will not be sacked if he fails to deliver a good forward.... because he also has scored very good signings and that needs to be accepted... but i think no one can deny that the guy has a hell of a hard time luring top guys here.

Anyways, im aware that the situation was not optimal in the past mercatos for him to do magic..... but this one... he needs to do something.
I've never really considered that a Marotta issue though. That is an issue with Juventus and their prestige at this time. This CL match-up with Bayern will go a long way to improving Marotta's ability to recruit top talent in the transfer market in the future. Hell, I think our CL success so far will do wonders towards making Juventus look like a premier destination for top talent. But until very recently, we've had little success and won a league with no European competition. Undefeated in Serie A, sure, but as far as the rest of Europe's concerned, big whoop.

Now, with us very close to locking up the league, still doing well in CL, and about to prove ourselves in front of a global audience in Germany, I see Juventus returning to the list of premier destinations for top players, strikers in particular. Also, Conte is no longer an unknown manager but somebody that the top clubs in Europe desire. This also, I believe, played a large role in top players not interested in coming here last summer. We'll see what a repeat and CL success does for his own prestige as well.

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
I've never really considered that a Marotta issue though. That is an issue with Juventus and their prestige at this time. This CL match-up with Bayern will go a long way to improving Marotta's ability to recruit top talent in the transfer market in the future. Hell, I think our CL success so far will do wonders towards making Juventus look like a premier destination for top talent. But until very recently, we've had little success and won a league with no European competition. Undefeated in Serie A, sure, but as far as the rest of Europe's concerned, big whoop.

Now, with us very close to locking up the league, still doing well in CL, and about to prove ourselves in front of a global audience in Germany, I see Juventus returning to the list of premier destinations for top players, strikers in particular. Also, Conte is no longer an unknown manager but somebody that the top clubs in Europe desire. This also, I believe, played a large role in top players not interested in coming here last summer. We'll see what a repeat and CL success does for his own prestige as well.
:agree:

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #225

Very well put, mr Knowah. All I would have added and will do now is that calciopoli and last years Scommessopoli scandals, both of which we were dragged into punished unfairly, have had a major effect on our reputation. the amount of fans who basically had no reason to dig any deeper than the JUVE CHEATS and JUVE BOSS SUSPENDED FOR MATCH FIXING headlines are likely in the millions...the damage done to our reputation cannot be quantified financially.

Dec 31, 2008
    Pozzo

“Muriel is young and I think he needs to get some more experience here in Udine,” he told La Politica nel Pallone.

“I do not want to talk about money, but €20m for a great striker is nothing.
    “You have to remember that Edinson Cavani is priced at €60m.
    “I do not put clauses in contracts but I do not want to hold anyone against their will.
    “If anyone is unhappy they have the right to go.”

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #227
    Pozzo

“Muriel is young and I think he needs to get some more experience here in Udine,” he told La Politica nel Pallone.

“I do not want to talk about money, but €20m for a great striker is nothing.
    “You have to remember that Edinson Cavani is priced at €60m.
    “I do not put clauses in contracts but I do not want to hold anyone against their will.
    “If anyone is unhappy they have the right to go.”
    Perhaps we'll use our 50% of Boakye to grab 50% of Muriel, although we will need to chuck in some cash or another player as well...If 50% of Richmond cost us 4m, that figure has surely gone up after a solid season with Sassuolo and breaking into the national team set-up. Let's say its worth nearer 6-8m now, at most. How much would Muriel be worth? 20m is a joke, but Pozzo probably means it, although he is probably setting his sights closer to 15m. We could chuck them Fausto rossi perhaps, or maybe 50% of Masi and send him there on co-ownership...so many possibilities.

Personally, I'd love to see Muriel in our squad. We have missed a flair merchant in attack since Dp left the ranks; a player comfortable on the ball, who loves to dribble and take players on. Vucinic is nowhere near this sort of player, and Giovinco hasn't really come good in a major way. It has been said by others, possibly with some truth, that our system doesn't really allow our forwards to run at defenders, only the wingbacks get to do that often.

Still, we need some flair and we definitely need a player who can dribble. This passing left, then right, then left then right, wears teams down, but we come a cropper when facing a sound defensive team who have players who can beta our defenders (Bayern for example).

Despite the fact that Serie A appears somewhat in decline, in terms of prestige and certainly $$$$$, its awful how players are overpriced, but I guess chairmen take into account the price that non italian clubs could potentially pay. Its that which drives the price up.

Dec 31, 2008
    “In Colombia when I was a kid all my friends supported either Juventus or Milan,” he told SportWeek.
    “In order to stand out from the rest, I decided to cheer on Inter. I’ve supported them every since.”

Jul 2, 2006
    Ties between inter and colombian drug barons were always strong.

“In Colombia when I was a kid all my friends supported either Juventus or Milan,” he told SportWeek.
    “In order to stand out from the rest, I decided to cheer on Inter. I’ve supported them every since.”

Wtf does that mean anyway? People were using their left or right hand while eating, in order to stand out from the rest i decided to use my feet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)