Luis Muriel - Striker - Udinese (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Luis Fernando Muriel Fruto - STRIKER - UDINESE
luis_f10.jpg

Name Luis Fernando Muriel Fruto
Nationality Colombian
Born 18 April 1991 (age 21)
City of Birth Santo Tomás, Colombia
Position Striker/ Support Striker
Height 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
Club Udinese

Club career
Deportivo Cali
Muriel began his career with the youth side of CD Atlético Junior.

In January 2008, he was signed by Deportivo Cali and immediately joined their youth side.[2] After spending a year with the youth side of Deportivo, he was promoted to the Liga Postobon I team. On the 12th of July 2009, he made his debut for his new side against Envigado FC.

Granada and Lecce loans

On the 22nd of June, 2010, Udinese Calcio signed the 19-year-old Colombian striker from Deportivo Cali after he had scored 9 goals in 10 games in the Colombian league. He was loaned to Granada CF of Spain's Second Division to get European experience on 12 July 2010 as Udinese did not wish to spend their no-EU registration quota on Muriel. While at Granada he made seven appearances in total but did not manage his debut goal in European competition. When he returned to Udinese at the end of the season they decided to loan him out again for the 2011-12 season, this time to fellow Italian Serie A side U.S. Lecce. Once again Udinese did not wish to use its own quota on Muriel (and Željko Brkić), so Lecce "signed" Muriel outright from Granada and in January 2012 sold Muriel back to Udinese.

Udinese
On summer 2012, Muriel returned to Udinese. On 12 September 2012 Muriel signed a new 5-year contract with Udinese.

International career
Muriel played for the Colombian U-20 national team. He scored 4 goals.

(wikipedia)

Increasing rumours/reports of serious interest in the silky skills of the young Colombian. With a possible discussion on the matter of his transfer set for after out fixture with Udinese this coming weekend. Some suggest that Udinese are after Boakye, and we could use our half of Richmond to either grab first option on Muriel or perhaps use as part of the fee for his sigature in June. if this is the case, let's hope that the Ghanaian has a solid ACON shooting his country deep into the tournament and his value sky high.

Certainly one of the more exciting names and options to appear on our radars. Its been a while since we have had anyone with such wonderful dribbling talent...

Aside from the range of reports from various sources, Beppe himself said in December...'Muriel? He is a player of great ability and also carries the hallmark of the 'Made in Udinese' team that always produces a lot of champions'...which means nothing of course, but seems worth mentioning.

he was injured for much of the start of the current campaign, and since returning to full fitness, he has managed 3 goals, 1 assist in 4 starts and 2 appearances from the bench. Not lacking confidence or ambition, which is surely a good thing, if tempered with humility and good grace, the kid who reminds me of Garrincha told reporters recently...
"“The Golden Ball is both a goal and a dream to me...By working hard and well I think I may be able to reach that target, even if I know that it will be difficult...I think Barcelona’s Lionel Messi deserved it this year – it’s a pleasure to see him play football...I am very happy with how I am doing right now, I have to continue this way, I have been working well since the injury and I am catching up even if I am still missing something. I'm at 70 per cent, I would say."
“I have my targets – I want to score at least 10 goals for instance and I can do it.”

Positive talk from an extremely promising player I hope to see in our ranks for next season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

He looks really good vs. Inter. Looks like in addition to pace and dribbling he has some decent technique and ability away from goal. Dropping deep a lot of the time.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Is he one that tormented us when we played Milk (leche)?
yeah, then apologized to Gigi after the game. :D

Scored some beauties last season. He's really explosive, will he be as effective tho against compact D's, doesn't have Immobile's physicality for example. In any case, a good talent.

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #18
    New Ronaldo(OLD). I would like to see him right now here.
    I can see the parallels. Wicked burst of pace, able to stop as brilliantly quickly as he can accelerate. Dreamily speaking, he evokes delightful thoughts of the proper Ronaldo (not the poncy, ultra-talented but classless fairy who the kids called a codeword (CR7) instead of a name) sprinkled with a touch of Garrincha. There was a video clip of him I was watching a few nights back, with old style music, almost ballroom dancing style, and the music meshed beautifully with his dancing feet on the field. I will have to find it...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)