Luis Jimenez (9 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
mark77 said:
yeah but we're talkin' about the all mighty Milan here. :eyebrows:

OT, saw that avatar on HFBoards. My guess it's you since I saw it in the Habs section. :D
Big difference though is that Marseilles(sp) were Champions League winners at the time the shizznit hit the fizzan. If they were willing to do that to the Champions, what makes you think that they wouldn't do that for Milan??

OT, I am a member of that board (Bleu, Blanc & Rouge), but no, that is not where I got my avatar from. What is your username on there??

Edit- Oh, and what's with this "Another Chilean who thinks he's the shit" Bullshit??

The kid's a great young player, so excuse him if he doesn't wnat to spend a nother year in Serie B. He's proven all he can at that level.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Adrian said:
its going to be hard to have all these players. he is a good player but when a team has nedved, del piero, palladino, sculli, volpato and guzman, plus olivera and marchionni, possibly camoranesi could stay as well...whats going to happen?

i personally think camo will leave which could leave room for jimenez behind the strikers. nedved and marchionni on the wings with zanetti as DM. but then one of bojinov or del piero sit on the bench as im sure deschamps will purchase a striker, most likely lucarelli.
Adrian said:
read my sentence, you'll notice that i was one, speaking hypothetically as to the possible scenarios, and two, i metion one of bojinov or del piero. now it could be said that the bench for both del piero or bojinov is a joke.
There is no scenario with Del Piero on the bench in serie-B considering:
1. That he really showed his commitment and loyalty as Juventus player and icon.
2. Del Piero salary is toooooo expensive as a bench player in serie-B.
3. He is too good to sit on the bench.
4. Another subjective perspectives considering that DD is the boss not Capello anymore.

The scenario is Del Piero, a striker (Trez or Lucarelli), and another forward (Bojinov or Marchionni). Del Piero is not an option if he stay fit.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
MrsPado'sShoes said:
Big difference though is that Marseilles(sp) were Champions League winners at the time the shizznit hit the fizzan. If they were willing to do that to the Champions, what makes you think that they wouldn't do that for Milan??

OT, I am a member of that board (Bleu, Blanc & Rouge), but no, that is not where I got my avatar from. What is your username on there??

True.

I just lurk at HFBoards, posted a couple of times on the official site forum and get a laugh at the rds.ca talkbacks. :D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
d.nico said:
There is no scenario with Del Piero on the bench in serie-B considering:
1. That he really showed his commitment and loyalty as Juventus player and icon.
2. Del Piero salary is toooooo expensive as a bench player in serie-B.
3. He is too good to sit on the bench.
4. Another subjective perspectives considering that DD is the boss not Capello anymore.

The scenario is Del Piero, a striker (Trez or Lucarelli), and another forward (Bojinov or Marchionni). Del Piero is not an option if he stay fit.
agreed with all those things you mentioned. but look at it from a football perspective and realise that if trez and camo stay, it presents a headache for deschamps in chooisng a starting line up.

how do you fit nedved, marchionni, camoranesi, del piero, bojoniv and trezeguet in one team and find balance? Zanetti must play as DM, and for the attacking midfielders and options to play at their best maybe even Paro may have to feature as well. you want a 4 man defence to utilise marchionni and camoranesi.

So do you bench bojinov or do you bench marchionni or nedved? who gets left out?

And for the record players are taking pay cuts.

camoranesi zanetti marchionni
nedved
trez del piero

or

camo zanetti nedved
boj trez dp

then players like palladino, guzman, paro, olivera, sculli, volpato get limited time in SERIE B as well. Players who are the future of the club.

I agree del piero must be a part of the future rebuilding of this club but at the same time, these young players are the future and they need playing time. I think there must be a balance where players such as Del Piero, Nedved and camoranesi must be rotated off the bench to allow to develop the younger players.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
The Chilean midfielder has no intention of returning to Ternana.

Luis Jimenez's loan experience with Fiorentina came to an end in May, but the 22-year-old does not want to return to Ternana which was relegated to Serie C.

Various clubs have lined-up for the creative midfielder, including some very important clubs in Italy and Spain.

"It's true that Atletico Madrid and Lazio want me, but there's also the interest of Osasuna, Monaco, Portsmouth and Inter."

Jimenez was also linked to a move to Juventus, but the interest of the Bianconeri has cooled off in the past weeks.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=103270

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #67
    January is closing in and Luis Jimenez is very wanted by many clubs, including us. Talk of Inter buying him and loaning him to us 'till june. The player does not want to be involvend in any loan deal though.

Jimenez could really prove to be a cheap longterm replacement for Nedved.

OP
    Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #70

Chilean offensive midfielder, he can play on either wing as playmaker and as support striker. He's at Ternana in Serie C now, because they refused to let him go. He was on loan at Fiorentina last season, where he played as support striker/playmaker behind Toni in prandelli's 4-5-1, keeping our very own Bojinov on the bench. He also plays for his national team, he even kept David Pizarro out of the Chilean team on occasion.

Antonio Luis Jiménez Garces, born June 17, 1984 in Santiago Chile

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    You cannot really blame him for that, we were in serious trouble, besides he is young, he can change his attitude.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    no, next!

I want players with B&W blood, not players like Jimenez, Antonioli(as backup, can't blame him), Bresciano...who refused to play serie B for one year.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    I´m not convinced in this guy either, I would rather sign Pizzaro, but you are not being rational, man...

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Don't you think he would have learned a lot playing one year in B at his age with players like Nedved...? He had the chance to come and blew it. I want motivated players in my Juve, especially in difficult times. If they come here because of the $$$ or nobody wants(Boum-Boum) them I don't want them either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)