Luis Jimenez (4 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
We are in serieB with a minus 30 point deficit. I do not think as fans we are in a position to say we don't need any player. Reality check people we are no more seriA protagonists and going after CL, we are starting anew

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
denco said:
We are in serieB with a minus 30 point deficit. I do not think as fans we are in a position to say we don't need any player. Reality check people we are no more seriA protagonists and going after CL, we are starting anew
Bah, if that's so then why is stoopid Nedved still in Turin

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #25
    denco said:
    Yes... Though just look at the squad and the amount and the quality of players we already have in Jimenez' possible position. In our 'position' we'd be better of investing our money in some defence, which is looking quite thin at the moment.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Dominic said:
    Yes... Though just look at the squad and the amount and the quality of players we already have in Jimenez' possible position. In our 'position' we'd be better of investing our money in some defence, which is looking quite thin at the moment.
    thin? buffon is the defence, but u obviously have no faith, tho if u sign my petition our defence will be sorted :D

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    Yes please! I saw him live when Sweden played Chile, and I was very impressed. Good playmaker.

And with Camo leaving, we'll want another ponytail.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    denco said:
    i know but we should start new with the right players, if the foundation is wrong then we will have problems this season and later on. Thats why we need a bit of quality in some signings even if its not all of them. Good thing is that DD is looking for the Long run as well as this season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Jimenez is a good little player, and yes we were linked with him several times in the past while he was still playing for Ternana in Serie B. As for his style of play, he likes to work in the hole right behind the strikers, however he can also play on the right or left wing as far as I know. Jimenez is a slick passer of the ball and also can take players on rather nicely. He's a great prospect and we should buy him in my opinion.

By the way, that Ternana side of a few years ago with Jimenez and Houssine Kharja was pretty sick in Serie B. Luis was perhaps the best player in B during that respective season, being one of the top scorers despite playing in midfield.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Erik-with-a-k said:
    4-3-3 is going to blow up. Where the hell would you put Nedved in 4-3-3 anyway? Left flank? :undecide:
    There are many ways to play 4-3-3. 4-3-3 is just a number game if you don't count in how players complement each within the system. As you will be more aware than myself, dutch tends to play 4-3-3, but the system is tended to be based on players spreading wide and creating space whereby one can pass the ball and make that movement towards free space. Most teams however, doesnt play like the dutch system but plays more narrow formation in which the key is to put the number in the middle of the box and stay compact so that the other opposition doesn't get the possession in the dangerous area.

Now, I am not sure exactly what kind of tactics Didier is going to use next season but I am guessing that he would probably play Del Piero - Forward (Lucarelli) - Bojinov/Palladino with Nedved Zanetti Marchionni/Somebody.
    I am pretty sure Neddy has enough versatillity to adapt to this formation.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Jimenez would be our best midfielder if Juve got him.

No, that's not a typo, he would be our most talented midfielder.

Ever since RAI International started showing Serie B, this guy has fascinated me, and I've been begging for Juventus to somehow acquire his services.

Oh yeah, he's also the captain of the Chile National Team. At the age of 22, which tells you about his character

You want to talk about a true building block for the future??

Jimenez would be a major piece.

Joaco

the cronopio
    Dec 11, 2005
    I saw him when Chile played in Santiago against Bolivia the past year. He scored two (or one) goal(s) that night and he played in a great level. However I think he wants to play in a Serie A team, but he would be great for Juve.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    its going to be hard to have all these players. he is a good player but when a team has nedved, del piero, palladino, sculli, volpato and guzman, plus olivera and marchionni, possibly camoranesi could stay as well...whats going to happen?

i personally think camo will leave which could leave room for jimenez behind the strikers. nedved and marchionni on the wings with zanetti as DM. but then one of bojinov or del piero sit on the bench as im sure deschamps will purchase a striker, most likely lucarelli.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Adrian said:
    its going to be hard to have all these players. he is a good player but when a team has nedved, del piero, palladino, sculli, volpato and guzman, plus olivera and marchionni, possibly camoranesi could stay as well...whats going to happen?

i personally think camo will leave which could leave room for jimenez behind the strikers. nedved and marchionni on the wings with zanetti as DM. but then one of bojinov or del piero sit on the bench as im sure deschamps will purchase a striker, most likely lucarelli.
    Now that will be the ultimate insult

OP
    Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #37
    If we were truely interested in him, we'll probably lose out. Jimenez is very close to Palermo, according to calciomercato.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Yeah, after playing for Ternana all these years I doubt he wants another stint in Serie B. Shame really, he could become one of the better players in Italy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)