Luisão - CB - Benfica (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Marrone is exactly the example you don't want to follow. Had much potential, will never amount to anything. He could only barely make it into the Sassuolo 11 last season. Wasted.

Rugani needs consistent game time (which is impossible at Juve) if he is to fulfill his potential and even then it remains a huge question mark.
It's not certain that Rugani or any other youngster will play at their other club either. A lot of factors go into whether they play, such as the system, other staff, manager preferences, and long-term goals of the manager. Why should a manager play and develop a kid they know won't be at the club for very long? I wouldn't spend time with those sort of players. Instead, I would focus on developing the players we own, which is the only option that makes sense. The loaning system should be abolished as it is ruining players in Italy.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a master move. He came, said we have 30scudetti and left. :D
True. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
This guy is old, slow, and not needed. Another Lucio
He is not old, he's just an experienced player. He definitely could play a few years at top level.

Still, in my personal opinion it would be just another unnecessary buy by Marotta. Better save the money.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He is not old, he's just an experienced player. He definitely could play a few years at top level.

Still, in my personal opinion it would be just another unnecessary buy by Marotta. Better save the money.
if he is free though, still a very good signing, definitely trust him ahead of bonucci and ogbonna. Ideally Nastasic would be better

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Luisao is still a good player.

You'd have to be careful about how you set the team up to play so as to not leave his lack of pace exposed.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
It's not certain that Rugani or any other youngster will play at their other club either. A lot of factors go into whether they play, such as the system, other staff, manager preferences, and long-term goals of the manager. Why should a manager play and develop a kid they know won't be at the club for very long? I wouldn't spend time with those sort of players. Instead, I would focus on developing the players we own, which is the only option that makes sense. The loaning system should be abolished as it is ruining players in Italy.
You do know those clubs request those players right? On a co-own they play(ed) those guys because it brought them millions if he broke through. And what about plain and simple 'sporting goals' such as European football or maintaining Serie A status...?
All the things you come up with are factors that need studying before we loan someone out. Marotta and Paratici are very prepared in that area. Secco ruined a few talents simply by sending them to the wrong club or bringing them in to sit on the bench...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Luisao is still a good player.

You'd have to be careful about how you set the team up to play so as to not leave his lack of pace exposed.
Lucio was also still good when we got him and we all know how that turned out.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
He will be another Lucio-type player. He might get a few matches but won't play anywhere near the way he used to. At least he doesn't hold the title of most overrated defender ever like Lucio does.

Lucio was finished long before we took him. Luisao as of his last few games still looks to be as good as he ever has been.

I reckon this is a Barzagli alternative whilst he's nowhere near being fit yet.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Would be a good signing, even at 33. Very good defender, with vast experience.

Wages are a bit high, but he's class. He can still cut it at top level for at least 2 seasons. Notice the seasons Pirlo had when he joined us at 32, and midfielders have to run a whole lot more than defenders.

Luisao will be great at Juve, I'm sure.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Luisao haha... Why do we need him? And for that salary? Juve must be crazy to do that..

We have Caceres, Bonucci, Ogbonna, Chiellini, Barzagli & even Marrone, that's more than enough. If we want someone than it should be someone younger and someone who is happy with a salary between 1-1.8 million

Barzagli - Injured. Nobody knows what sort of form he'll be in when he returns

Caceres - Can cover multiple positions including full backs.

Ogbonna - Lmao he's been absolutely attrocious for us. Would rather play Vidal at CB

Bonucci - Hopefully we sell this liability of a defender

Chiellini - Will probably partner Luisao as he's fairly quick

Marrone - :lol: Marrone in a back 4 omg :lol:

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
good buy..he had a very good season, he can keep it up for another year.

- - - Updated - - -

good buy..he had a very good season, he can keep it up for another year.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Obviously Barzagli is a huge question mark and we can't expect Caceres to play RCB all year.

RCB was actually one of our biggest weaknesses or unknowns for this season and now it should be filled. Going off last year's form, Luisao is still very good.

reallegends

Jan 12, 2013
If we are buying a winger and Manolas deal is preventing that from happening,then sure,Luisao would be a good signing for bench strength.

However,if there is no chance of us getting Lavezzi or a similar player,then why not get Manolas who will also have a resale value.

The success of this deal will depend on what other players we sign.Hopefully,we stick with BBC if we sign Luisao or even Licht-Barza-Chiello-Evra,since Luisao is so fucking slow,that he makes Chielleini look like the real Ronaldo when he first burst on the screen.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Would be a good signing, even at 33. Very good defender, with vast experience.

Wages are a bit high, but he's class. He can still cut it at top level for at least 2 seasons. Notice the seasons Pirlo had when he joined us at 32, and midfielders have to run a whole lot more than defenders.

Luisao will be great at Juve, I'm sure.
Agree.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Lucio was also still good when we got him and we all know how that turned out.
I never thought much of Lucio.

He was also very different in that he was a player who had relied hugely on pace through his career, so it was no surprise he struggled to adjust when he lost that pace.

Luisao has never been reliant on pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)