Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (11 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
Todays game proves pretty much del neri is capabale of winning games in wich his team doesnt have to make the play.

the other games i wont talk about..
I'll give him props, the 433 (4141 in defense) was a good idea, even if he was basically forced to change from his beloved 442.

He's a good manager, an excellent one for a midtable club, one where they have to battle for relegation each year. He has no idea how to create an attacking team though, his football is a relic.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I think we need to give Agnelli a little bit more credit. I honestly don't think Del Neri would be kept if we miss CL football. A result is a result and Agnelli knows how important it is for the club that we play in europe. What I'm beginning to wonder though is that on the off chance that we play 7 consecutively good games and make CL would Del Neri's job still be secure with the availability of managers like Deschamps and Spalletti? The quality difference is too obvious even to our management to ignore.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think we need to give Agnelli a little bit more credit. I honestly don't think Del Neri would be kept if we miss CL football. A result is a result and Agnelli knows how important it is for the club that we play in europe. What I'm beginning to wonder though is that on the off chance that we play 7 consecutively good games and make CL would Del Neri's job still be secure with the availability of managers like Deschamps and Spalletti? The quality difference is too obvious even to our management to ignore.
I'd like to believe that. Del Neri should be out on his ass for missing out on the CL with the budget at his disposal.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I really hate the idea of Juve being back to square one again next summer with a new manager, new formation, and a raft of new players. It's the same every year. We need some stability. I know nobody will agree with this but if we can't get somebody good enough, there's no point in sacking Delneri for the sake of it. If we can get Deschamps or someone of similar quality though, then by all means say ciao ciao to Gigi. Hiring someone like Conte or even Mazzarri wouldn't make any sense IMO. We'd be starting from scratch with a new manager who has everything to prove (sound familiar?). Nobody is going to come in and get Juve challenging for the scudetto next season. It's going to have to be a gradual rise back to the top and it will require more patience than has been shown over the last few years by both fans and management.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
In no way can we keep DelNeri. At least with a new manager we won't lock in another atrocious season like we would with this clown. I'd even bring back Ferrara instead of keeping him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I wouldnt either. Ferrara wasnt a coach, as in litterally did nothing but write lineups, no coaching influence (remember how often our players had to talk to eachother mid game to know what to do), Del Neri's mark on our team is very clear, as he really coached it, even if to undesirable results/fashion. Basically meaning, an average coach is better then no coach, and Ferrara was basically the latter.

But under any circusmstances should we keep Del Neri. We MUST get a better coach, there are SEVERAL available that are better.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its kind of a job that does itself, I seen different coaches on that job, most of them bad coaches (Casiraghi was lol), but they manage well enough in general with it. Very undemanding job. Its why total rookies are allways the ones doing it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's hard to know what sort of pure management Ciro actually did for the team. Just because the players were talking amongst themselves doesn't prove much in my view, but I wasn't there to hear. Just like DN yelling Milos constantly doesn't necessarily mean he's making beneficial changes during the match.

I'd rather take a chance on an inexperienced manager than DN. As I said, with the latter we lock in another season of mediocrity. At least with the other guy there's a chance we do better.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yep, basically what Andy said. With DN we're stuck somewhere in mid-table and his style wouldn't achieve shit if we played in Europe. At least with a new coach there's a chance to play much better and get results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)