Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (8 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So what will you get if you keep Del Neri? You think we'll see a miracle?

A new player can only motivate the players at start so that's only a plus as we see it every time a new coach arrives. It's not like we're 4th now and being afraid of losing that spot cause new coach might do worse. But no, we can't do any worse now and a change might only do good for us.

What's the logic if we stick to him and stay 7th? Who says any new coach isn't capable of doing the same, which at this point isn't much.

Of course, I think chances of us changing coach are 0.1%
The situation for me doesn't change with a horrible loss than it does for two wins. We can't do worse? We certainly can.

But maybe we have to, again, change. I don't envy the next coach, whether that is a popular choice or yet another guy who will get 1 season to build a good team.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What about 10 vs 10? We had more than 20 minutes to try and salvage something, yet we didn't even try. How can the players be motivated when they have a coach with such a loser mentality as their boss?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The situation for me doesn't change with a horrible loss than it does for two wins. We can't do worse? We certainly can.

But maybe we have to, again, change. I don't pity the next coach, whether that is a popular choice or yet another guy who will get 1 season to build a good team.
How can we do worse? I don't care if we win against Milan or Inter when our players are always motivated and run their ass of on the pitch. Del Neri can't do such against small teams and sadly it's visible week after week. I simply don't care about those 3 points if we're going to drop points against teams like Parma and Lecce almost every single week. I'd rather see us lose big matches but terrorize small teams when we give their best.

Compared to Ciro, Zac or some other coach we simply aren't any better. We only score more, but we also conceded more. Looking at our standings, there's no progress.

Sticking to Del Neri makes no sense now because we're not 4th and fighting for that spot. In that position it might be tough to sack him. But not now when we don't see anything out there.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How can we do worse? I don't care if we win against Milan or Inter when our players are always motivated and run their ass of on the pitch. Del Neri can't do such against small teams and sadly it's visible week after week. I simply don't care about those 3 points if we're going to drop points against teams like Parma and Lecce almost every single week. I'd rather see us lose big matches but terrorize small teams when we give their best.

Compared to Ciro, Zac or some other coach we simply aren't any better. We only score more, but we also conceded more. Looking at our standings, there's no progress.

Sticking to Del Neri makes no sense now because we're not 4th and fighting for that spot. In that position it might be tough to sack him. But not now when we don't see anything out there.
People said we weren't fighting for 4th three games ago, yet we were again before this game started. Now we're not? Maybe after two games we will be again? You see where I'm going.

Assuming a new coach will come in and get results is positive, it can work at least in the short term, but if it doesn't then you have a coach stuck with a squad he didn't assemble. So yes, it can get worse, we can lose more often. You say there is no progress but I see the structure of a team at least. It's lacking quality and a good player in two areas, but last season we had 11 individuals every week.

No matter the coach we seem to have a big problem playing against some of the smaller sides, as you say.

Sep 14, 2003
I imagine his agent will soon be looking at possible teams for 2011/12. I can't fathom any scenario where he'll still be at this club next season. Forget continuity, we simply can't reward failure - that goes for certain players too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)