Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (165 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
WC
Confed. Cup
Qualifiers
That was with a very poor and ageing Italy team - I know thats basically describing our current team but I wouldn't have said many other managers could have done a better job. Prandelli is hardly setting the world on fire. Also I think Lippi has learnt quite a bit from his 2nd Italy stint. And it's always difficult to compare club management to country.

Regardless I dont think Marrotta will sack his gay lover, so its all just pipe dreams anyway

Buy on AliExpress.com

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
WC
Confed. Cup
Qualifiers
Then you have 5 Scudetti, 1 Coppa Italia, 4 Super Coppa Italiana, 1 Champions League (3 times runner-up), 1 European Supercup, 1 Intercontinental cup. And the 2006 WC. And don't forget Juventus didn't win anything since the 1985/1986 season until Lippi joined Juve. But let's make sure Moggi comes back with him.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
That was with a very poor and ageing Italy team - I know thats basically describing our current team but I wouldn't have said many other managers could have done a better job. Prandelli is hardly setting the world on fire. Also I think Lippi has learnt quite a bit from his 2nd Italy stint. And it's always difficult to compare club management to country.

Regardless I dont think Marrotta will sack his gay lover, so its all just pipe dreams anyway
I agree with everything you said except his average Italy squad. He selected the players with his staff and felt too good for Miccoli, Cassano, Borrielo and took Iaquinta and Gilardino instead. His Italy squad didn't need to be average, he forced it with selecting such players.

That's why I dont think too highly of him, he let a nation down and misjudged the quality of the players.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I agree with everything you said except his average Italy squad. He selected the players with his staff and felt too good for Miccoli, Cassano, Borrielo and took Iaquinta and Gilardino instead. His Italy squad didn't need to be average, he forced it with selecting such players.

That's why I dont think too highly of him, he let a nation down and misjudged the quality of the players.
He went for the team players over the individuals, like Delneri :shifty: Sometimes it works, others not.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004

Thats true, and that is the one negative thing I have to say about Lippi. He let his personal feelings and dislike of players cloud his footballing judgement on that occasion. I guess the good thing about managing a club team is that he's not got a limited pool to choose from - so I think he'd hinder himself less in a club environment. The good thing about him that we need is that winners mentality though, and i'm sure he'd improve us when we're playing against the small teams

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I read Del Neri's post match interview and even though he's using different words, all I read from it is: It's the players' fault, it's their and only their fault.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
As Juventus’ Champions League ambitions took a massive blow following a 2-0 defeat at the hands of Lecce, Bianconeri coach Gigi Del Neri blasted his side for a negative showing just a week on from their impressive Derby d’Italia victory.

“We got everything wrong today,” he declared to SkySport.

“The side was very presumptuous and we were punished for this.

“Without any ideas the side failed to create and we deserved to lose against a determined Lecce side.

“To play like Juventus you must show much more quality and desire and this is definitely a step back from the performances of recent weeks.

“I am disappointed as we were getting back on track and I didn’t expect this sudden dip.

“I wouldn’t say we are out of the running for a place in the Champions League but if you play like this you simply cannot have certain objectives.

"Today we all lose together and to get back on track we must remain united and be prepared to learn from this negative lesson.”

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Deschamps would certainly be a step in the right direction. He did a good job here and he seemed to have quite a good eye for talent.

I just wish it was remotely possible we could attract coaches like Hiddink and Mourinho :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 165)