Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (2 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i actually have faith in marotta and del neri, i really hope he can prove everyone wrong and myselft to an extent. we need a man who can instill determination i think he can do that.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
What's Del Neri's recod with youngsters? Is there any chance that we will ever see Gio in a Juve strip again? and if so, with any regularity? I'd be happy to see 4-3-2-1 with Gio and Diego together

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
Del Neri reveals Juventus mission
2010-05-18 11:20:01
Luigi Del Neri firmly believes he can help Juventus rediscover their winning mentality.

Del Neri left Sampdoria on Monday having guided the Genoa club to a fourth-place finish in Serie A.

The 59-year-old is expected to be unveiled as the new manager of Juve in the next 24 hours following the departure of Alberto Zaccheroni.

In an interview with Turin-based sports newspaper, Tuttosport, Del Neri said: "Juve represents a starting point not an arrival one.

"In a club like this one, you are forced to achieve great aims.

"I will have to be demanding with the players, with the club and with myself.

"It's always a club that makes a coach great, not the contrary.

"If they have acquired me it's because they know me.

"In football, you win not because of a formation but thanks to organisation, winning mentality and quality."

This will be Del Neri's biggest career challenge.

Despite spells at Roma and Porto, he is most famous for his successful stint at Chievo.

He took Chievo from Serie B into the top flight for the first time in their history and established them in the top half of Serie A.

The Italian tactician guided Atalanta to defend their top-flight status for two consecutive seasons before joining Samp last summer.

He added: "It's very difficult to join a team that has won everything in its history.

"But here we have to reconstruct a winning mentality."

For the second year in a row Juve, who are the Serie A club that has won the most league titles (27), finished the season empty-handed.

Under Zaccheroni, who replaced the sacked Ciro Ferrara earlier this year, the Turin giants have endured a dismal run.

The Bianconeri lost four of their last seven games to finish a disappointing seventh in the standings and miss out on Europe's elite club competition.

Juve will have to go through the qualifying round for the Europa League.

"There are years that are like this one, who knows why," said Del Neri.

"There's no doubt that the team knows how to play but I think it's necessary to work on the approach."

When asked if Gianluigi Buffon will remain, with the goalkeeper a reported target of several English Premier League clubs, Del Neri said: "I hope so, I will talk to him. Gigi is the goalkeeper of the national team, to replace him would not be easy.

"He is someone that gives a lot on the pitch and in the changing room he brings ambition, hunger for victories.

"Buffon and (captain Alessandro) Del Piero represent so much also from an image standpoint."

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
What's Del Neri's recod with youngsters? Is there any chance that we will ever see Gio in a Juve strip again? and if so, with any regularity? I'd be happy to see 4-3-2-1 with Gio and Diego together
He's played Poli more or less all season, I guess if your good enough you'll play regardless of age.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
can we see how the man goes before we say midtable, many of us were aiming high with ciro and del neri is obviously better.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
First post ever! Is he a good coach? Whats his formation? Does he play attacking or more defensive? Does he play beautiful aka Arsenal, Farca, Dutch, Spanish teams or boring like Jose Mourinho. Also I've become Juventus fan recently after I ditch Internatzionale because of their history. It was between Juventus and AC Milan. But I decided to go with Juventus because their most successful team in Italy and my dad is already AC Milan fan anyways.
:sergio:

Palombo's very good, but we dont need him.
:agree:

no convictions, all charges were dropped.
:D

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Del Neri= a bad version of Ranieri.
Our management have hired a coach they can control and Del Neri will have nothing to say about our team next season. I've read that Marotta want's to build a team with young players, so i am sure the opposite will happen..

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Del Neri= a bad version of Ranieri.
Our management have hired a coach they can control and Del Neri will have nothing to say about our team next season. I've read that Marotta want's to build a team with young players, so i am sure the opposite will happen..
:lol:

the old management has been FIRED!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)