Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (76 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
:agree:

Not having at least one mobile forward makes many aspects of football much harder.
thats exactly why I think the loss of quagiarella fucked us up so much, Red...his movement was a joy to watch, running the channels, dropping deep, then appearing suddewnly more like a prima punta, all in one game...i never saw him play with such freedom in the final third at any other club. And as you suggest...it creates problems for the team as a whole when the forwards are basically...static, predictable, easy to mark and contain. Quags is none of those things...

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
The attack has suffered because of a combination of problems. The defense became worse over time as well, which Quag didn't have a say in.

I simply don't see how one can say Quag is the difference between 8th place and the Champions League. He scored some good goals for us and exceeded my expectations greatly, but it's not like he's Ibrahimovic or Steven Gerrard here. Combination of problems.
In my opinion, he certainly isn't.

We definitely were overachieving in the first half, part of which was likely due to our early start. We had a jump on training over a lot of teams in Serie A, and some enthusiasm from the new signings. Confidence was high, and we rode the wave for awhile - so to speak.

Lets be honest though: We allowed more goals last year then relegated Atalanta, and didn't even come close to properly addressing those deficiencies in the offseason. I'm sure most people knew that at the close of the summer mercato.

I would still love to see us invest 30-40M in our backline. 2 new RB's, and a LB... and if I'm being honest, I feel like we'd still be a little light for depth at CB.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
In my opinion, he certainly isn't.

We definitely were overachieving in the first half, part of which was likely due to our early start. We had a jump on training over a lot of teams in Serie A, and some enthusiasm from the new signings. Confidence was high, and we rode the wave for awhile - so to speak.
Too true. Plus we had a similar start to the season under Ferrara.

I would still love to see us invest 30-40M in our backline. 2 new RB's, and a LB... and if I'm being honest, I feel like we'd still be a little light for depth at CB.
Definitely. I don't trust Barzagli as a backup. But we both know that we're looking at two recruits for the back four at the most.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I don't think Quagliarella would have made much of a difference, maybe with him we'd be in 5-6th place but other than that I couldn't see him taking us to Champions League just by himself. If we take a look at the first half of our season we had a ton of draws in which we salvaged points from, many teams weren't into the flow of the season yet and teams like Inter and Udinese were under-performing. But now the tables have turned, and instead of picking up stalemates we are losing and we are not gathering our precious points anymore.

Would Quagliarella save us and bring us to a CL spot? No.
Would he have helped us draw/win a few more matches. Yes.
It's a bunch of things that puts us in the position of 7th place, and much of these problems are from last season which haven't been addressed yet like a proper coach and decent fullbacks.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I tend to agree with that, I've never thought that losing Quagliarella has cost us a CL spot. Sure we might have gained a couple more wins with him, but we are still obviously lacking in many departments (on and off the field).

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
"We have the obligation and the motivation to do well. The league always offers important objectives, and if we beat Roma then the discourse the Champions League will re-open."

The man is a troll and he's clearly delusional. We are 11 points behind 4th place!! What the hell is he expecting, that Udinese will lose all of their remaining games?

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Del Neri targets Juve comeback
Gigi Del Neri is dealing with injuries, but warns Juventus will put up a fight against Roma. “A win and we’d be back in the Champions League race.”

The Bianconeri ended their winless streak with a 2-1 over Brescia, but are still in seventh place ahead of Sunday’s Stadio Olimpico meeting.

“Every game tells its own story. Enthusiasm makes a difference and we have a squad accustomed to playing important matches. We proved in various moments that we have the characteristics to compete at a high level.

“It’s true we also ran into some difficult moments, but when we had to challenge a big team in a prestigious environment, we brought out the best of our work ethic, pace and quality. The Olimpico will motivate us as well as Roma.

“Besides, if we win this match, then we would go within two points of Roma and we’d be back in the Champions League race.”

Alessandro Del Piero and Giorgio Chiellini are out of action, so Juventus could field a trident of Alessandro Matri, Milos Krasic and Simone Pepe.

“Del Piero’s injury is a shame, as he was in good form. As for Chiellini picking up his problem on international duty, I cannot complain, as players are either prepared to represent their country when asked or they are not.”

http://www.football-italia.net/apr02o.html

---

Yeah, funny guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)