Lucio (1 Viewer)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I'd really prefer to see Lucio stay, the few times he has played he has been really good IMO but I can respect that he wants to leave. Caceres can ofc play as a CB, it's his natural position and he has already stated that it's the position he prefers. Although Caceres is our most athletic and agile CB his positioning is rather awkward. Don't get me wrong, I like Caceres and want him to stay but if Lucio leaves I want someone equally as good. As @Cronios states, if one of our starters gets long-term injury we're in deep shit without Lucio. Though the same could be stated about our MVP.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Caceres has played in the center and has stated at multiple times that he would like to play there since he's better and more comfortable there.

bye lucio, this was one of the most pointless transfers ever.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
So you think teams should just have 22-man first team squads?
Pretty much yeah, 22 quality players (20 outfield, 2 goalies) who are healthy, reliable, used to different formations and some of them capable of playing different positions (like Caceres, Isla, Pepe, Asamoah, Giaccherini, Marrone). You only need more if you have some injury prone guys and trouble makers in your team. From our current team, I'd say we easily could've done without Padoin, Rubinho and Lucio.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Pretty much yeah, 22 quality players (20 outfield, 2 goalies) who are healthy, reliable, used to different formations and some of them capable of playing different positions (like Caceres, Isla, Pepe, Asamoah, Giaccherini, Marrone). You only need more if you have some injury prone guys and trouble makers in your team. From our current team, I'd say we easily could've done without Padoin, Rubinho and Lucio.
Easy to say that when nobody got injured. Besides Padoin has been performing better than Isla.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Easy to say that when nobody got injured.
It's not like you can't calculate a pretty decent guess at what our injury sheet might look like based on the player and team history, the so-called injury crisis usually pops up because either there are tons of injury prone players or there are some repeating muscular problems usually connected with training regime/incompetent medical staff. I don't see neither of those problems at Juve (though it seems that Pepe is starting to have some serious problems and the older guys like Pirlo and Gigi might be in the danger zone) and I don't think we'll see more than 6 simultaneously injured players in our team this season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's not like you can't calculate a pretty decent guess at what our injury sheet might look like based on the player and team history, the so-called injury crisis usually pops up because either there are tons of injury prone players or there are some repeating muscular problems usually connected with training regime/incompetent medical staff. I don't see neither of those problems at Juve (though it seems that Pepe is starting to have some serious problems and the older guys like Pirlo and Gigi might be in the danger zone) and I don't think we'll see more than 6 simultaneously injured players in our team this season.
If we did have an injury situation like 2009-11 would you be comfortable throwing in a kid like Sorensen or perhaps Magnusson for 5-6 games, considering our season objectives?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)