Lucio (20 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I would rather have Lucio than not have him in the team, agree that maybe he has been underused this season and if him playing 1 or 2 more games than he has would make him happy then fine hopefully he plays more. However if he expects to be starting every other game then he's deluded because nobody is going to simply walk into that back 3. We will see what happens in January but I'm definitely not one of those who dislike him simply because of his Inter past.
I don't dislike him simply because of his Inter past. But here's a litmus test for you: Juve plays Inter. What side do you want Lucio on?

Inter, every time.

Change Inter for Napoli, I'd want him on Napoli.

That sorta tells me something about my own feelings towards him as a player. :shifty:

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Lucio is a decent option as 5th defender due to his immense experience. But he's not a great option due to him having a playstyle that is suited to a fast, technical defender - something he most definitely was a few years back but also something he most certainly is not anymore. He was great mainly due to his athleticism but that shit's gone mostly.

So long, Lucio.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm surprised Bild didn't mock up a picture of him in lederhosen and drinking from a steinkrug.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, I think we have options enough without Lucio, so I don't see the need.

Caceres, Marrone (much to my dislike), Lichtsteiner if need be, Vidal as a possible last resort.
Those are some dicey options :D

Jul 2, 2006
It's a mistake to have 5th defender, striker or 5th something. Concept of sub's sub is wrong. We wouldn't lose anything without Lucio, Bendtner, Padoin but save some 15 million from wages and taxes. Primavera players should be able to fill the bench when unexpected things happen.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
It's a mistake to have 5th defender, striker or 5th something. Concept of sub's sub is wrong. We wouldn't lose anything without Lucio, Bendtner, Padoin but save some 15 million from wages and taxes. Primavera players should be able to fill the bench when unexpected things happen.
I agree in general but having Padoin is fine.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #713
    Younger players are supposed to play and grow, not warm the benches.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    So you think teams should just have 22-man first team squads?

- - - Updated - - -

They can play with the primavera side and get called to the first team when needed.
    Sounds like the NHL.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
    I don't like the idea of shopping for a Lucio replacement in January, either.

Probably end up overspending on a player who gets no burn. Much rather see a couple of our boys get some increased minutes (Caceres/Licht/Luca).

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006

Probably end up overspending on a player who gets no burn. Much rather see a couple of our boys get some increased minutes (Caceres/Licht/Luca).
    I have a good candidature - Bocchetti as a replacement for Lucio but i think that Napoli will sign him

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

Agree with you at 120%. We have good player that have the potential of becoming great players namely Caceres:)heart: he'll be legendary), Sorenson and Maronne (would rather see him in the mid)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Juventino[RUS];3945114 said:
    I have a good candidature - Bocchetti as a replacement for Lucio but i think that Napoli will sign him
    You are fucker, so I agree with you :D

Bocchetti could turn out to be another Barza (even though I don't rate him and think he's absolute shit, but u never know) :boh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)