Lucio, no not Lucio Dalla (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
gah! why are we linked with Lucio? we might as well just play Boumsong instead of him.
I don't see Lucio as much of an improvement on Boumsong. Would rather swap Cam for Samuel or just sell Camo if he wants to leave and use the cash to buy a different CB.

OP
Quickfeet

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
  • Thread Starter #47
    Restricting him from moving forward on the attack would actually make our defense worse... he's essentially Bayern's Boumsong.
    Boumsong doesn't move forward, he's too afraid to take chances.
    Munich v. Madrid.

Lucio would be pointless that's why I added the '?' we should get Pique. :) The problem with that is he might not want to leave La Liga.

Lucio is only an average defender and is currently playing a horrible season for Bayern. He's not good enough for us. Metzelder's twice as good as Lucio.
    We don't need no second Boumsong...
    I don't want Lucio either but you cant just say he's a horrible player because you don't like him.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Not completely related to the name of the topic, but it's about Lucio :

Lucio’s Italian dream
    Thursday 20 December, 2007

Serie A’s giants are keeping an ear to the ground after Bayern Munich defender Lucio revealed his desire to play in the peninsula.

The 29-year-old Brazilian has made 100 appearances for Bayern and has been an important figure since arriving from Bayer Leverkusen in 2004.

However, it seems that the frosty climate of the German winter is taking its toll on the Selecao international who has previously stated that his family feel trapped by the temperature in Bavaria.

“I dream of playing in Spain or Italy and maybe I’ll realise that ambition sooner rather than later,” Lucio admitted.

“It’s almost impossible to convince Brazilian stars playing in Serie A or La Liga to move to the Bundesliga.

“It’s not to do with Bayern, but the country. In Italy and Spain, the culture, the habits and the language are much more similar to Brazil. Bayern can’t compare to that.”

Lucio turned down Juventus and Roma in 2004 before joining Die Roten and it is suspected that the two clubs will be at the front of the queue should he definitively decide to quit Germany.

channel4

DudebuD

Jul 6, 2007
    Juve Set To Bid For Lucio – Report
    Juventus are set to launch a summer transfer bid for want-away Bayern Munich defender Lucio, according to the Corriere dello Sport.

Juve Set To Bid For Lucio – Report

The 29-year-old is widely considered as Brazil’s best central defender, and has been at Bayern since signing for them from Bayer Leverkusen in 2004.

However he yesterday admitted that he may leave the Bavarian giants after revealing his desire to play in Italy, Spain or England.

"I have already said the leagues in Spain, Italy and England - three of the strongest in the world - all interest me" Lucio told Abendzeitung.

"If interest is shown from any of these countries, I would be very pleased. Bayern have already told me they want to keep me. But all clubs say that to their players if they are still under contract.”

The Corriere says that Juventus have watched Lucio on a number of occasions this season, and are ready to make a summer bid.

Lucio has played 70 times for the Brazilian national team, and was a star at the 2002 World Cup in Japan and Korea, where he picked up a winners medal.

The classy stopper, who is famous for sparking counter-attacks by bringing the ball out from the back, rejected moves to Juventus and Roma in order to join Bayern in 2004.

Gianni Wilson

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)