Luciano Moggi (7 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 19, 2007
Cant look at individual signings to determine how well they are. You must look at the overall picture because at the end of the day Moggi doesnt coach them and play. And without a doubt he brought more talent and players that turned out well then the other way around

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Italian Football Is Dead - Luciano Moggi
Moggi has relaunched his attack on the FIGC...

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has accused FIGC president Giancarlo Abete of "killing Italian football" as he launches a sharp sting on the powers that be.

His attack follows on from Inter striker Mario Balotelli's agent Mino Raiola, who claimed Abete should resign from his post at the helm of the Calcio tree.

He even claimed Balotelli would boycott Serie A because of measures Abete introduced which limits foreign transfers.

And Moggi has taken his argument even deeper in his Tuttomercatoweb.com comment column.

"Shooting at Abete now would be like taking the last brick away from a house that has fallen," Moggi blasted.

"Italian football is rebelling against absurd decisions from one man that is slowly killing our football.

"Euro 2012, Euro 2016, [Sepp] Blatter that gives the World Cup presentation to [Patrick] Vieira, [Roberto] Donadoni's flop at the Euro 2008, failure in South Africa. Is that not enough? No.

"We also had to add the fact that we changed coach of the national team while one was still in position. These were suicidal and illogical strategies.

"Italian football has had enough of Abete, not me who is in the past, but the football league and its 20 presidents. Someone please save us."

goal

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:dielaugh:

The new role shouldn't be to limit foreigners. The rule should be that a certain number of youth players be promoted and play in the first team each season...like min 1 or max 2...just so the FIGC is pushing for teams to promote and develope from within.

Simple business strategy. Long term saving is huge when you develop from with in.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ah of course, although that is not really down to Abete, look at what Blatter has done with Italy for years. He would rather give it to eastern European countries with much worse hooligan problems and no infrastructure thinking he is the Robin Hood of football, and of course, Italy can't compete with his darling French.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But if Milan, Inter, Roma, Fiorentina and the likes make the investment and start building stadiums, then I hope Italy get a world cup soon. Realistically looking, Italy is the closest place to me where a world cup can take place.

Unfortunately they didn't even bid for the 2018 and 2022 WCs.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
But if Milan, Inter, Roma, Fiorentina and the likes make the investment and start building stadiums, then I hope Italy get a world cup soon. Realistically looking, Italy is the closest place to me where a world cup can take place.

Unfortunately they didn't even bid for the 2018 and 2022 WCs.
I hope England gets it and they have bid for it. :D

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I agree. They have the cash to spend and they promised they'll do just that. Besides, the only issue they're struggling against is the hot weather unlike other countries whose bids have many more issues regarding security and finance. They even promised some impossible open air conditioning to make up for the hot weather.

Forza Qatar! It would be great to attend the wc matches there in an Arab country :touched:

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Moggi's latest interview.

"Juventus is now a not very attached to me".

"Andrea Agnelli understands a lot of football, there has followed a boy, he knows how to behave in the locker room". "Everybody wanted him to be President". Once said: "there'll be Andrea Agnelli and beside him there will Moggi. Only he is now chairman and Moggi is at sea".

Giraudo not advising Agnelli only marotta and Del Neri who he says are "two talented professionals, there is hope that do not suffer vertigo from Sampdoria to move to Juventus".

"I put together the strongest team in the world". "At the 2006 World Cup final in Berlin, all players were chosen by me", Fabio Cannavaro Alessandro Del Piero, David Trezeguet and through Zinedine Zidane

"I made too strong teams and sparked envy". "The court case that concerns me is a joke", Based on "they said. "Nobody saw anything"

"When Juve won all nine players to Italy and gave the others were all captains of their national". "Now took the place of Juventus Inter playing with 11 foreigners. "Here is the crisis of the National team"

Manuele Blasi, Fabrizio Miccoli, Nicola Amoruso is players who have accused of bullying?

"Miccoli thanked me because I earned money. Alla fine è andato al Benfica. Eventually he went to Benfica".

"Miccoli came with tattoos of Che Guevara', "Nicola Legrottaglie dressed extravagantly", "at the first meeting Mauro Camoranesi showed up with half a day late. Compliance with the rules is fundamental for me". "The dialogue was bilateral, Juve has never been a barracks, players will enjoy working."

He was disappointed Juve never defended him.

"I was expecting support from Juventus who has not arrived. That was the worst moment in that moment I knew it was over"

Does he keep in contact with the Elkanns?

"Lapo often. Jaky I have not heard nor I have tried. But it was not his fault, behind him were Gianluigi Gabetti and Franzo Grande Stevens"

Roma lost the Scudetto last season because of "Determination. Last season it lost the home game with Sampdoria. It's called fear of winning".

He thinks They'll finish second this season behind Inter.

Tuttojuve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)