Luciano Moggi (5 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Yup.
But it also won't necessarily mean a successful Juventus.

In another time or another place, someone who's now a well known historical figure, whose name is written in all the history books, could have been an annonymous no-one.

1994 was a year when Serie A was the best league in the world. Only 4 years earlier modern new stadiums were built all over Italy. Football wasn't as commercialized as it is now, not as much money were invested, and a guy like Berlusconi was forcing the others around him in Italy to invest more.
Being the best league, Serie A had no rivals in England or Spain and all the best players wanted to play in Italy.
Juve had the luck to have a youngster named Del Piero (came to Juve before Moggi) and later we hit the jack-pot with Zidane.

16 years later I don't see a 19 year old top talent in Juve and if a 23 year old Zidane is now playing in Bordeaux you'll see half of England and Spain offering more money for him that Juventus (with or without Moggi) can not afford to spend.

Then you have all Moggi's connections, associates from the past. Already having the links while at Napoli, taking the function of a general manager in the most successful team in Italy owned by the great Agnelli, only made Moggi stronger.
Does he still have the connections? Do people still want to work with him and co-operate? Can he still offer to them what he could back in the days?

It's not black and white. Having Moggi back doesn't necessarily mean a cheating Juve, but it's foolish to think that everything will become pink again.
Yes but compared to our current board, the man knows a thing or two about football. Lets not forget that Blanc used to be a tennis event organizer in France. And Secco, just a stuff member for Capello.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Yup.
But it also won't necessarily mean a successful Juventus.

It's not black and white. Having Moggi back doesn't necessarily mean a cheating Juve, but it's foolish to think that everything will become pink again.
:tup: Great point.

The only thing we need to think about is: Does this board can and will lead us somewhere ?
I afraid to say, no. This is why I will take Moggi back, I cant stand watching my club like this.
But again, only because of a lack of other options, I would take Marino or Marotta over him in a sec.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'd consider Moggi, if he is found not guilty of things related to Calciopoli.

If it is confirmed by the courts that he is responsible for what happened to Juve, he can fuck off.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Sometimes, i feel, that the current board is more thinking about themselves.
I mean, like i said, Secco used to be a stuff member, a bloke who gave the footballer subs lists to referees under Capello.

Look where he is now...
Blanc was some Tennis organizer in France. Now his here, the way he organizes things here, makes me think, his not too good at organizing. Keeping Ranieri almost till the end of the season, same thing now is happening with Ciro.

Another thing is, that these people probably dont have enough connections in the football world. No wonder we struggle bringing in top coach.

And dont kid yourself, i give Secco credit for some of the deals made, but looking at things now and the money spend (especially if i hear now that we dont have enough money to buy anyone to improve), it shows inexperience, and probably not enough responsibility also. And who knows, maybe it wasnt too hard to get players like Diego anyway, Diego knew himself that Juve was looking for a new playmaker after Nedved left. I dont think many teams were after him in the first place. And dont mention Madrid, they had bigger names in the line.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Disgraced former Juventus managing director Luciano Moggi has revealed his intention to return to football in 2011.

Moggi is currently serving a five-year ban from the game for his involvement in the 2006 Calciopoli scandal, which resulted in Juventus being relegated for the first time in their history.

Speaking on Studio Stadio, Moggi said: “In the summer of 2011 my suspension will end and I will return to football. This bothers and frightens many people.”

Asked if he would be returning to Juventus, he replied: “I will never do it like Bettega with the current board which has humiliated us and tried in every way to condemn us. I don't want to have anything to do with it.

“I would return quickly if Andrea Agnelli were at the helm, also to repay the kindness of the Juventus fans whose affection I have never lacked in recent years.”

Moggi then turned his attention to Juventus's plight in Serie A. The Bianconeri lost away to Chievo on Sunday and are now out of the Champions League places.

“By now Ferrara should be sacked because it's evident that the dressing room no longer follows him and if Juventus were to lose against Roma next Saturday the crisis would become irreversible.

“Anyway I don't know who could replace Ciro on the bench, certainly not Maifredi who put himself forward some time ago on the radio. The person truly responsible for this failure is Blanc who represents the full footballing incompetency of this new club.

“Take into account that to do the deal for Paolucci he had to get Franzo Grande Stevens to telephone Siena's President in person? Paolucci, as if I had said Ibrahimovic…

“Blanc deserves to be sacked this instant! In three years he has thrown away €250m. In 12 years we didn't waste a penny of the owner's.”

Finally Moggi somewhat expectedly rounded on Italian champions and perennial League leaders Inter.

“With Juventus's destruction in 2006, by now the power is all in Milan. The Milanesi teams will continue to dominate in Italy for many years, above all Inter who have benefited more than anyone else from Calciopoli. This year an Inter without Ibrahimovic has had more difficulty scoring, but they remain the strongest team in a mediocre championship,” Moggi concluded.
http://www.football-italia.net/jan18a.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrea Agnelli and Luciano Moggi, PLEASE COME BACK
Here is the video:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But wasnt the verdict made already?
Is there not a criminal trial going on (in Napoli?) relating to Calciopoli?

If Moggi is found not guilty in that, it would go a long way towards proving a lot of the stuff Juve was relegated for was bullshit.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
How much did we lose in dollar value with the scandal? I want to know how he thinks Blanc as lost 250m when Moggi never wasted a penny?

This punk a$$ is the reason we are here and posting in this f*cking thread.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Is there not a criminal trial going on (in Napoli?) relating to Calciopoli?

If Moggi is found not guilty in that, it would go a long way towards proving a lot of the stuff Juve was relegated for was bullshit.
I havent bothered watching the news related to the Calciopoli saga for a long time already. In truth it doesnt matter for Juve, guilty or innocent, the damage has been done.

In many ways, if Moggi would come back, it would be quite hilarious actually.

And if he is proven innocent, then well, so is Juve and we should get compensation for getting our reputation ruined besides all the money and other stuff what has happened.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
How much did we lose in dollar value with the scandal? I want to know how he thinks Blanc as lost 250m when Moggi never wasted a penny?

This punk a$$ is the reason we are here and posting in this f*cking thread.
But if he is proven innocent? Then we shouldnt blame Moggi but the Italian FA and other powers.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Don't you guys ask yourselves why we are in the position we are in every time we draw or lose?
Don't you guys ever just kick yourselves when we get rumored to be after some of the most insane bogus players when that used to never be the case?
Don't you guys get pissed when clubs laugh at us now?
Don't you guys just ask why on anything when are club is being flushed down the toilet right now?
Don't you guys ever want to punch the wall when watching Secco try and make a deal?
Don't you guys ever grit your teeth when Blanc or Cobogli (used to) speak?
Don't you guys ever get pissed when you see Ibra score an amazing goal or our past world class players on different teams because of what happened?
Don't you guys ever miss how powerful we were on the transfer market?
How we dominated games?
How teams feared us all across Europe?

Thank Moggi for where we are now. His mistake grand or small ultimately led a chain of events that brought us to where we are now. For every position we slide down in the table this year the more I want Moggi away from my club.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But if he is proven innocent? Then we shouldnt blame Moggi but the Italian FA and other powers.
I'd want nothing more than for us to be cleared of this, Stephan. Bottom line though, in terms of retribution I want the money back we lost in sponsors, CL, etc...not Moggi.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I'd love for him to return.If uncle fester can have his job at milan,i don't see why moggi can't return.It's not like this club has any respect in the footballing community,might as well give them more reason to hate us & fear us.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't want to be looked like as a club that hires criminals. The guy put us down once, how do we know he won't be "framed" again and have it happen to us all over again?

Until the real perpetrators are brought down for what happened to us, until Moggi is proven innocent...I want them away.

OP
Jul 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #80
    Don't you guys ask yourselves why we are in the position we are in every time we draw or lose?
    Don't you guys ever just kick yourselves when we get rumored to be after some of the most insane bogus players when that used to never be the case?
    Don't you guys get pissed when clubs laugh at us now?
    Don't you guys just ask why on anything when are club is being flushed down the toilet right now?
    Don't you guys ever want to punch the wall when watching Secco try and make a deal?
    Don't you guys ever grit your teeth when Blanc or Cobogli (used to) speak?
    Don't you guys ever get pissed when you see Ibra score an amazing goal or our past world class players on different teams because of what happened?
    Don't you guys ever miss how powerful we were on the transfer market?
    How we dominated games?
    How teams feared us all across Europe?

Thank Moggi for where we are now. His mistake grand or small ultimately led a chain of events that brought us to where we are now. For every position we slide down in the table this year the more I want Moggi away from my club.
    strange reasoning because all of these happened/happening before Moggi's departure. And they will happen as long as Moggi is away from our club. You have no clue about Moggi's mistake, you do not even know if there is a mistake at all but you're blaming him instead of obvious criminals and people who hired current board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)