Luciano Moggi (34 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Juventus Just Needed Three Or Four Quality Players, Not 14 Mediocre Ones - Luciano Moggi

Luciano Moggi has slammed Juventus for signing "mediocre players" for which they are now paying the price.

Writing in his Tuttomercatoweb.com column, Moggi picked out the flaws which have met Juventus this season. And he believes the reasons lie strictly with a quickly assembled transfer scheme.

"I am sorry to say, but the Juventus directors don't know what it means to be working for la Vecchia Signora," Moggi wrote.

"You have to dress like Juve to be Juve, not bring worn out clothes from Sampdoria, with all respect.

"There's no point buying 14 mediocre players when all you need is three or four quality players.

"Juventus are now going through what I had predicted in the summer. They are just playing for a place in the league

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Juventus Just Needed Three Or Four Quality Players, Not 14 Mediocre Ones - Luciano Moggi

Luciano Moggi has slammed Juventus for signing "mediocre players" for which they are now paying the price.

Writing in his Tuttomercatoweb.com column, Moggi picked out the flaws which have met Juventus this season. And he believes the reasons lie strictly with a quickly assembled transfer scheme.

"I am sorry to say, but the Juventus directors don't know what it means to be working for la Vecchia Signora," Moggi wrote.

"You have to dress like Juve to be Juve, not bring worn out clothes from Sampdoria, with all respect.

"There's no point buying 14 mediocre players when all you need is three or four quality players.

"Juventus are now going through what I had predicted in the summer. They are just playing for a place in the league
:tup:
This man always gets it right. He's like the the Jim Rogers of Italy, I guess its experience. I agree with him, hopefully he will return to this club when his ban is expired.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
From last year-

Agnelli was asked by a shareholder about a possible future collaboration with Moggi. Agnelli rules that out by saying this:

The presi...dent showed his confidence in Beppe Marotta, "I reaffirmed my respect for Moggi - Agnelli said - personally and publicly, for his role here and in other clubs where he worked . But we now look to the future and today the person of reference for the area of sports is Beppe Marotta, who has all my respect."

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
I hope people here realize how easy it is for him to criticize in hindsight. Moggi himself bought plenty of average players (Oliver Kapo, Appiah, Giannichedda, Olivera, Legrottaglie, Manuele Blasi)

And as for the big blunders: Salas, a burned out Vieira, Serie A 98-99 and so forth.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
my only critisism to moggi's statement is this - 14 mediocre players -

bonucci - however you look at it he has been a fairly good signing
krasic - do i need to explain?
Aquilani - likewise
Quagliarella - a real relevation of the season so far
Pepe - proving himself more and more to be a protagonist
Storari - excellent deputy to Buffon's absense
Sorensen - comfortably our best right back judging by current form.

ok and the ugly moves so far

martinez - might be forgiven for his injuries, but has yet to warrant his big price tag
motta - 2 good games and he thinks hes burty big bollocks
Traore - a walking disaster
Toni - the jury is still out on this one
Rinaudo - disaster

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
you forgot Lanzafame

but what, he had like 7 good 7 bad transfers? so 50% of the transfer he made were positive? He's better than Benitez when it comes to transfers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)