Lucas Piazon - Midfielder/Forward - Sao Paulo (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Compared to what we've paid for some really crap players and what Milan paid for Pato and other top teams have paid for promising youngsters, if this guy can come close to the potential that it's been claimed he has then I'll be very happy that we paid 6m for him

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
''Italian passport to Piazon that if they are on schedule to arrive in July. Agreement already reached with the Sao Paulo for 6 mil.''

Sportitalia

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
He's going to go nowhere with Manchester City, he just did it for the money. He should have waited until the summer when Juventus are allowed to sign him. (We can't sign him now because of the EU rule)

I want Juve!, Juve come save me!, Juve Juve Juve! That's all that he said, and then he signs a Man. City contract because he's getting a shitload of money a week. He'll end up like the rest of Man. City, a pile of shit. Want to know why? Because Man. City isn't a team. It's a combination of egotistical morons who think they are the best because they're in the spotlight for a bit. And then they wilt away.
your opinion seems too rooted in snippets from far from trustworthy media sources...as far as I am aware, Dzeko is heading to a team which will pay him more than any other team in the world. A team, quite well positoned, not just to earn a champions league spot for next season, but also, to challenge United and Arsenal for the premiership, which is the most popular football product around...

I have been following the Dezko saga as beligerently as anyone...and I have not once come across a direct, confirmed quote by Dzeko, which suggests that he has ever even hinted to Juve...'come and get me'.

If I was a decent striker, languishing much closer to the bottom, than the top, of the german league, and was offered, in excess of 200,000 euros per week, to play with a team, which looks likely to qualify for the champions league, and challenge for the premiership, i would go there...like most sane people.

if that is all he has done...it seems, like sour grapes, for anyone to pull out unsubstantiated by fact, quotes...

he is with a team doing shit. he is a quality player. he wants to go to a team who offer him a much higher stand of wage AND competition for top honours...i harbour no ill feeling towards him.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
your opinion seems too rooted in snippets from far from trustworthy media sources...as far as I am aware, Dzeko is heading to a team which will pay him more than any other team in the world. A team, quite well positoned, not just to earn a champions league spot for next season, but also, to challenge United and Arsenal for the premiership, which is the most popular football product around...

I have been following the Dezko saga as beligerently as anyone...and I have not once come across a direct, confirmed quote by Dzeko, which suggests that he has ever even hinted to Juve...'come and get me'.

If I was a decent striker, languishing much closer to the bottom, than the top, of the german league, and was offered, in excess of 200,000 euros per week, to play with a team, which looks likely to qualify for the champions league, and challenge for the premiership, i would go there...like most sane people.

if that is all he has done...it seems, like sour grapes, for anyone to pull out unsubstantiated by fact, quotes...

he is with a team doing shit. he is a quality player. he wants to go to a team who offer him a much higher stand of wage AND competition for top honours...i harbour no ill feeling towards him.
what you say is commen sense , and no one should hate dzeko for chosing cash, but this is a special situation

He is at a decent club, making a nice wage. Juventus comes by and wants to buy him, offering an also nice wage, but he cant come in januari, he has to wait untill june.
juventus, the club with the biggest history and greatest support of all italy.

then comes manshit with an astronomical wage offer, and he can come straight away in januari.
manshit however, is a bunch of mercenaries, no history, just cash.

please note, he's not going to be poor from what juventus offered, its still so many millions a year.

he decides to choose money over a great club with a big history.
that is exactly what so many brazilians do , just check the number playing in russia.

dzeko chooses that the millions from juve werent enough and went to manshit cause they offered 4 times more millions.

goodbye dzeko, you proved you werent juvematerial afterall

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I think the misstake most here are making is assuming we are more attractive than Man City (if you dont consider the wages), but fact is, we're not.

We are in a phase of reconstruction (just as Man City), except we dont have nearly as much money as them to complete that reconsturction. Serie A has been in a downward spiral for the past 10 years, the stadiums are almost never full, we are losing a CL spot to Germany and Italian clubs have done terribly in Europe lately.

On top of that, we are nowhere near being realistic Serie A contenders, and might not even make the CL, whil on the other side Man City are in Second place in the EPL and look very strong to make the CL.

All in all, we dont have more chances of future success than man City, on the contrary, I would say they have.

History is great, but how many teams are there that had a glorious history that they didnt manage to repeat? History doesnt neccessaraly mean a great future.

All in all, even if the money were same I dont think it can be said we were a much more attractive option than City. And if they offered him double the wages we could it's a no brainer for any sane, rational person. Leave you personal, biased feelings aside.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So is this the Golden Child? Is he our Moses to lead us out of purgatory in Egypt to a fertile land?

Is this kid the basket where we are putting all of our eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)