Luca Marrone (9 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What's wrong with the co-own? Look how good Gio turned out.

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba is good enough to start for us, Marrone isn't yet.

Much better to let him play, and we'll buy him back as a better player.
I can't believe I just read what you said. I'd rather not reply.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Marrone himself recently said that he agrees with Conte that it's better for his development to play 10 games at Juve than 30 elsewhere.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I need more persuading to believe that Marrone is not suited for Bonucci's position. The name "Javier Mascherano" keeps popping up in my mind.
You know that Mascherano was arguably the best out-and-out DM in the world when he went to Barca?

When has Marrone ever shown any real defensive ability?

And, even as good as Mascherano is at one-on-one defending, when it comes to positioning and reading the game it is continually apparent that he is not a natural CB.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Mascherano is very quick, so he can recover from positional errors at times.

Marrone doesn't have that.

All in all, any comparison between Mascherano and Marrone is utterly ridiculous.

If you must try to clutch at straws to try and convince yourself Marrone could have a future as a CB, at least use De Rossi as your comparison.

Gallo

Better than Matri
May 30, 2012
It was 11 for buying him back, but they paid like 3.5-4 for his loan and co ownership, so in total it cost us around 7.
We paid 11M for his half, I don't care how much did we get for him before, but buying him for price which means he is worth 22M is ridiculous.

However, it's only 4M more than Matri, so he is very far from being the most overpayed player in Juve.

Apr 29, 2006
I am not completely convinced by this deal... Let's see the details and rest assured that at least now the risk of him flopping is evenly spread. IMHO we could have kept him, but our management seem to know what they are doing these days.

PS: If we have official information and financial details of the deal, could someone post them?

Does anyone believe we would get 22M Euro's for Giovinco? I know he is valued 21M by http://www.transfermarkt.de , but I hardly see anyone paying 15M for him. :frown:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
How can paying for your own player to go play elsewhere (and probably score against you) be justified? Right my ass.
I can't believe I'll have to explain it again. First, we're not paying for our player to go play elsewhere. We sell 50% of his contract, because we feel he has the potential to be usefull for us and yet we don't have the time to invest in him. Say we sell Marrone's half for 5 million. He spends two seasons at Parma, two scenarios arise:

1) He improved greatly, he is now ready to step up and play on a regular basis for Juventus. We buy the half we sold back for (say 11m as it were with Giovinco). For 6m euro we have a finished product which would cost us 20m if we bought him from some other club.
2) He didn't do shit, which means that his value dramatically decreased. He's not shown to be cut out for Juventus (as many of these co-owns do). Instead of wasting years by trying to develop him, paying his wages etc - we can now sell his other half for 2m to Parma and come out with 7m euro for a player that we now ( two years later ) couldn't sell for 7m if we tried.

It's really not that hard to figure out man :p

Gallo

Better than Matri
May 30, 2012
Co-ownerships are stupid anyway. I'm sure there is a reason they aren't used in other countries. It's just a loan with some gambling (with much better odds for team which gets player on co-own - ergo big teams like Juve lose) included.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)