Luca Marrone (7 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I'm sure Marrone would have been beaten if he'd been playing on the side of the three, because being out there leaves you more vulnerable to being beaten for pace.

Don't get me wrong, Marrone has interesting characteristics and could well become a useful CB (I quite like a midfielder in the middle of a back three - they play more like a sweeper than a third CB), but I see nothing in his performances so far to allow any real judgements to be made.
I also think alike.
And i believe that great all arounders perform better than average players on ther natural place, but not better than great players on their dedcated spot.

Converting multi talented players like De Rossi and Maronne to CB is a waste of their multi dimensional talents imo...

Buy on AliExpress.com

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Goal.com put him in their top 5 young players to watch in the CL. Just when I thought they had done something decent, they go and put a picture of pazienza making a tackle in the vid instead of marrone. 1:12 :sergio:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Marrone willing to adapt by FI
Luca Marrone may have finally found a place in the Juventus team after slotting in at centre-back last weekend. Dylan Fahy champions the youngster’s cause.

Some of the Juventus faithful might have been slightly surprised while reading their side’s team sheet before last Saturday’s successful 2-0 victory over Parma. As promising midfielder Luca Marrone was sandwiched in between Leonardo Bonucci and Andrea Barzagli at the heart of the Bianconeri’s three-man defence. While he may not be the most experienced player in the club’s squad, the youngster has a storied history with the Old Lady.

Marrone was born and bred in Piedmont, joining the Juventus ranks at the age of six and subsequently making his way through the entire youth system. Impressive performances for the Primavera convinced then boss Ciro Ferrara to utilise the midfielder as a squad player in the 2009-10 season. Later that year he returned to the reserve set-up to captain the club to the prestigious Viareggio tournament.

The 22-year-old was loaned out to Siena alongside Ciro Immobile in July 2010, making a profound impression on the then Tuscan tactician Antonio Conte. While his compatriot spent time on the sidelines, Marrone blossomed in the club’s Serie B championship win. The youngster made 18 appearances in the former Juventus man’s midfield.

Marrone struggled to find playing time after not being farmed out again last term. While Conte’s men marched unbeaten to a Scudetto triumph, he made a mere three League appearances. Juventus reportedly turned down countless loan moves and a bid from Bologna to keep him in Turin this summer, but they could never promise playing time for the upcoming year.

The arrival of imposing midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah from Udinese and fellow youngster Paul Pogba from Manchester United meant even more competition in the middle of the park. “The Andrea Pirlo role is the position in which I prefer to play,” insisted Marrone earlier this month. While the rigors of Champions League football will require a deeper squad, the deep playmaker needed to prove his versatility.

The opening weekend of Juventus’s attempt to defend their Serie A crown provided the ideal occasion for the Italy Under-21 regular to step up to the plate. Injury issues ruled out Giorgio Chiellini, Martin Caceres and Lucio for the outing, so Conte and new touchline Coach Massimo Carrera put faith in him after a few pre-season experiments in the role.

Basically playing as a sweeper against Parma, Marrone won just under 70 per cent of his aerial duals and did not commit a single foul playing the full 90 minutes. Proving his midfield credentials, he also did not misplace a single pass throughout the game making 60 touches of the ball compared to opposing central defender Gabriel Paletta’s 34.

“I feel at ease when setting up the play. I operate practically 10 metres behind Pirlo and have to act as a sweeper,” asserted the youngster at full-time. His first touch control and close range passing was impeccable, the defensive role allowed the Italian to act as a vice-Pirlo while the veteran hero was still on the pitch himself.

A dynamic Marrone may have finally carved out a place for himself, but it was his wiliness to expand his horizons and continue to learn that earned him that position. “I am helped by the advice from both staff and fellow teammates, and I will continue to develop.”

Marrone is an example to youngsters trying to find a place at top teams in Serie A, continuing to evolve as a player despite already being a professional is vital. While one game does not make a player, the deep lying playmaker will only improve with his current mentality.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Marrone willing to adapt by FI
Luca Marrone may have finally found a place in the Juventus team after slotting in at centre-back last weekend. Dylan Fahy champions the youngster’s cause.

Some of the Juventus faithful might have been slightly surprised while reading their side’s team sheet before last Saturday’s successful 2-0 victory over Parma. As promising midfielder Luca Marrone was sandwiched in between Leonardo Bonucci and Andrea Barzagli at the heart of the Bianconeri’s three-man defence. While he may not be the most experienced player in the club’s squad, the youngster has a storied history with the Old Lady.

Marrone was born and bred in Piedmont, joining the Juventus ranks at the age of six and subsequently making his way through the entire youth system. Impressive performances for the Primavera convinced then boss Ciro Ferrara to utilise the midfielder as a squad player in the 2009-10 season. Later that year he returned to the reserve set-up to captain the club to the prestigious Viareggio tournament.

The 22-year-old was loaned out to Siena alongside Ciro Immobile in July 2010, making a profound impression on the then Tuscan tactician Antonio Conte. While his compatriot spent time on the sidelines, Marrone blossomed in the club’s Serie B championship win. The youngster made 18 appearances in the former Juventus man’s midfield.

Marrone struggled to find playing time after not being farmed out again last term. While Conte’s men marched unbeaten to a Scudetto triumph, he made a mere three League appearances. Juventus reportedly turned down countless loan moves and a bid from Bologna to keep him in Turin this summer, but they could never promise playing time for the upcoming year.

The arrival of imposing midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah from Udinese and fellow youngster Paul Pogba from Manchester United meant even more competition in the middle of the park. “The Andrea Pirlo role is the position in which I prefer to play,” insisted Marrone earlier this month. While the rigors of Champions League football will require a deeper squad, the deep playmaker needed to prove his versatility.

The opening weekend of Juventus’s attempt to defend their Serie A crown provided the ideal occasion for the Italy Under-21 regular to step up to the plate. Injury issues ruled out Giorgio Chiellini, Martin Caceres and Lucio for the outing, so Conte and new touchline Coach Massimo Carrera put faith in him after a few pre-season experiments in the role.

Basically playing as a sweeper against Parma, Marrone won just under 70 per cent of his aerial duals and did not commit a single foul playing the full 90 minutes. Proving his midfield credentials, he also did not misplace a single pass throughout the game making 60 touches of the ball compared to opposing central defender Gabriel Paletta’s 34.

“I feel at ease when setting up the play. I operate practically 10 metres behind Pirlo and have to act as a sweeper,” asserted the youngster at full-time. His first touch control and close range passing was impeccable, the defensive role allowed the Italian to act as a vice-Pirlo while the veteran hero was still on the pitch himself.

A dynamic Marrone may have finally carved out a place for himself, but it was his wiliness to expand his horizons and continue to learn that earned him that position. “I am helped by the advice from both staff and fellow teammates, and I will continue to develop.”

Marrone is an example to youngsters trying to find a place at top teams in Serie A, continuing to evolve as a player despite already being a professional is vital. While one game does not make a player, the deep lying playmaker will only improve with his current mentality.
Impressed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)