Luca Marrone (23 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He didn't really have much defending to do and didn't have that much possession. Bonucci gets on the ball a lot more when he's playing in that position.
Considering it's his first time he's playing there in an official match, I wouldn't read much into that, but I get what you're saying.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
No. Bonucci definitely gets on the ball (and usually gives it to Pirlo) more than Marrone did today. That's not surprising considering Marrone isn't used to the role.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He didn't really have much defending to do and didn't have that much possession. Bonucci gets on the ball a lot more when he's playing in that position.
:agree:

Was rather looking for him to be more active in possession when Juve were struggling in the first half.

Reads the game brilliantly as a CB.
Because you come out with shit like this when nothing has happened, no-one will pay any attention to you saying such things if they actually turn out to be true somewhere down the line.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Because you come out with shit like this when nothing has happened, no-one will pay any attention to you saying such things if they actually turn out to be true somewhere down the line.
He did a good a job today. Good cover, good distribution. His positioning is certainly not worse than bonucci's, so yeah, considering HE IS A CM, he is doing a great job as a CB.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He did a good a job today. Good cover, good distribution. His positioning is certainly not worse than bonucci's, so yeah, considering HE IS A CM, he is doing a great job as a CB.
He wasn't tested.

Bonucci's positioning is pretty solid. It's his decision making from that position that is a problem.

Wait and see how Marrone does when Juve come up against a team who actually play a CF.

Today the game was really easy with it all in front of him - what a midfielder is accustomed to dealing with. No-one was working to run in behind or bully him or drag him out of position or anything that a CF would try to do.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He wasn't tested.

Bonucci's positioning is pretty solid. It's his decision making from that position that is a problem.

Wait and see how Marrone does when Juve come up against a team who actually play a CF.

Today the game was really easy with it all in front of him - what a midfielder is accustomed to dealing with. No-one was working to run in behind or bully him or drag him out of position or anything that a CF would try to do.
Bonucci got beat a couple times as well, and Marrone (along with Bazagli) were able to keep a smart position for coverage to compensate Bonucci (not that Bonucci had a "disgusting" game as some mention), but regardless Marrone is actually very solid in size as well that helps him.

Sure a CF will make it difficult but I still think his general composure really helps him keep his cool, something Bonucci has lacked a few times. Plus, Marrone has better distribution and smart passes than Bonucci can be guilty of. I will say, perhaps marking & tackling Bonucci is better, but only because I think at times he needs to be with some poor decisions.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm sure Marrone would have been beaten if he'd been playing on the side of the three, because being out there leaves you more vulnerable to being beaten for pace.

Don't get me wrong, Marrone has interesting characteristics and could well become a useful CB (I quite like a midfielder in the middle of a back three - they play more like a sweeper than a third CB), but I see nothing in his performances so far to allow any real judgements to be made.

May 22, 2007
He didn't have to do much defensively, and I suspect Bonucci and Barzagli played it to each other so often because of familiarity. Would take a few games to get settled into a different role like that, but he's probably not going to play there next weekend anyway. I prefer him as a midfielder but it's a nice option to have. It was a good introduction to that role though.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)