Luís Fabiano (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Ok....no hard feelings. Platini dominated Euro 84 but he did nothing on WC....I dont remember that he won Champions leauge with Juve.....You must know that Bronze in 98 shines like a gold cuz no-team(except first 5 tournaments) as new-commers didnt won the medal in WC. Second of all....Platini played more up-front scoring more goals....Boban was a playmaker...Platini played in Italy when defense wasnt so hard....it was easyer to score. And Finnaly....I muts admitt that milan in 1995 had maybe the best team in the whole existing of football....like it or not. And he still managed to secure first team. Im not saying that he was better or worse than Platini.....I think that comparision between them is useless due to different period they played. Both of them are Football legends.

And about Adu.....im not saying that he will not be a superstar....Im just saying that he has a loooooooooooooong way to learn before doing anything serious in Europe. And a word-two about Kranjcar: what do you think about England youngsters like Dafoe,Koncesky,Carrick,Ledly King.......and what do you say on that: Kranjcar made look them foolish.
And what do you say on the fact that Roman Abramovich looked him personally on that game and made a bid of 10mil.E (with option that he goes to CSKA for a season), as well that president of Barcelona Laporta said that he will double Abramovich offer to make him come to Barca.
Sonny.....that is 20 mil. Euros....nearly the sum for Trez+(shitty)player.....and Barca is no dummy.....and why do you think that he will get injured?

Ciaos
OK, I admit it. I have watched Boban in the past and yes he was a very good player. I always love natural playmakers, so I was stretching the truth a little. I also don't hold anything against Croatian players, in fact I think they are good (unlike some people who hold things against USA players). I love Tudor, but I hate that he is always injured.

About Niko Kranjcar, I am glad that he made those English players look stupid! I think that England is an overated footballing nation with players that are not that good (ex. Beckham, a very overated player that just brings in endorsements instead of good footballing). I was just making rude comparisons about Kranjcar, so don't take it personally. If he is as good as you say he will be, I hope that he lights up the football world in Spain with Barca. I like Barca and I hope they maul that disgusting Real team. SO good luck to Kranjcar.

About Adu, I had the pleasure to not only watch him, but also play against him two years ago when our high schools met in the Maryland State Championship. I have played against both Freddy and other professionals (I went to a soccer clinic that Cosmin Contra and Lucescu coached, good experiance and nice to meet Contra), and I found that I had a harder time playing against Adu in the Championship than playing 4 v 4 against Contra! After thinking about it, Freddy knew so many tricks and was such a good dribbler that no one on my team could even get the ball from him. I don't know, maybe Contra was not playing that hard, but I still couldn't do anything against him either. But after that encounter with Freddy, I knew that he was goin to be great, and after what I saw him do against San Jose this weekend, easily dribbling past a full international player and almost scoring, I am even more convinced. What he does now I think only the likes Maradona, Pele, and Platini could do at his age of 14. I mind you that he was I guess 12 or 13 when I played him, I was 17. Freddy is going to be the one of the world's best, but you are right, he will need time to get his full game together. I have heard in a about 2-3 years he will make his way to Europe, hopefully to Ajax first, where he will learn everything he lacks about the game, which is not much. Believe me, there is no need to criticise him, I am 99 percent sure that he will be absolutely incredible, maybe even in Germany for 2006. But the question for Adu is not if, it is when, will he become World Class. Hopefully we will get to see the marvalous talents of Kranjcar and Adu in Germany 2006.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

I was born and raised here, so how would I speak differently?

Unfortunatly all the worldly opinions are the same, that Adu will suck cuz he is an American. Over here we are not used to having such a good talent to look forward to, so these views just make me angry. Finally we have a very talented player to watch here (something that is rare), so stop talking about him in a negative way. Hopefully people here will stop watching that bull shite sport of baseball, one of the most worthless sports ever. I hope Freddy will help make soccer very popular here in the U.S., but all your views help beg to differ.
would you get a grip... The world isn't against Adu. The only thing many people (including me) have against him is the fact that he's over-hyped by the media and i fear that it might screw him mentally. He's awesome for his age! but I hear terrible things in the media like: he'll be MLS best player, or he should go to Europe in a year. That's way too much pressure on this kid. The media needs to lay off of him. True his skills are beyond his years, but upstairs, he's still 14. I dont even think he should be a starter yet despite the fact that many people demand that he starts.

I would really really really hate to see such a great talent with huge potential get destroyed.

his time to shine willl eventually come. there's no need to rush him. I'm so glad Inter/Madrid/manu didn't buy him yet. It would have been too much pressure just being signed with a big team. I think it's great that he's staying in his hometown. He needs to mature, then when he's about 16 or 17 he should go to Europe to a team like Ajax (as you said). They'll teach him the extra things that are important to succsseed in Europe. He'll also fit in bettter because he'll be surrounded by great young players too.

Forza Adu!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
I didn't say that Adu isn't talented, coz I know that he is REALLY talented... BUT he is still so young and media or something els may still crash his promising career... Let's wait and see in few years...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
overexposure can be a very dangerous thing...we've all seen potential superstars fall prey to media pressure and the blown-up hype about them....even with careful handling it can lead to burnout.it happened to 18-20 year olds,and adu is just 15.what he needs is a quiet place and an experienced youth team coach to help him mature.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
overexposure can be a very dangerous thing...we've all seen potential superstars fall prey to media pressure and the blown-up hype about them....even with careful handling it can lead to burnout.it happened to 18-20 year olds,and adu is just 15.what he needs is a quiet place and an experienced youth team coach to help him mature.
Exactly!!

Mar 14, 2004
Hey,my friend said something today about Adu: "he wouldnt be world known that he hasnt sign a million dollar worth contract with reebok. I belive that Adu is talented,but give that contract to any kid from Ajax youth academy and you will have even a bigger star"

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I saw Adu for 30 mins on his debut, and he's ok (though he looked a tad nervous, but who could blame him) but there's too much hype about him for me to like him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Thats OK, I expected that, but like I said there is more to him than that 1 million Nike deal and the media hype. But at 14, he can only improve, so give him a chance.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I can see Adu becoming a world class player in a few years' time, but you guys are right, the media shouldn't be pressuring him to go to Europe (thank God Inter didn't sign him :stress: ). There have been so many promising young players who have disappeared off the face of the earth because of the immense pressure put on them.

btw I think Adu should work on his control amongst other things. I know he's only 14, but I saw him in a Nike video shoot and i can safely say that my juggling and control are better than his at the moment. That dribbling though :eek::drool:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yeah, his control does seem a bit shaky as was proved in his debut, but he's 14, he can only get better.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Freddy did 100 percent better than his first game. He came on as a sub at half time, and was absolutely amazing. He was working off the ball a hell of a lot more than on his debut, and started to get involved with the play. He even beat a jamaican international like he wasn't even there; he beat him like a step child caught stealing! Not to mention he almost scored the game winning goal against LA, if it wasn't such a bad angle. I bet Adu will be even better, 100 percent better than last game.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Why are we talking about Adu and Lucio and Boban..they're not gonna join Juve anytime soon

I like this talk about Luis Fabiano tho. i've seen him play (actually just watch clips of him while he was interviewed)

he's younger that Diva and waaaaaaay more useful than Trezegoat.

But in saying that, there's other more promising dudes out there

Débora_BR

Apr 9, 2004
If we buy Luís Fabiano, we must buy another brazilian player... I belive if we dont do that, Milan will be... Kaká already said to Luís Fabiano: "i want you with me in Milan my friend".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)