LOL at the hate capellos gettin... (2 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
So do I.

Capello is a respected coach who led us ot the top of the table and CL. I'm grateful that he managed to lead us to the top, even with the absence of Trezeguet. Capello's contribution must be creditted as well and I think we can win the CL + the title under him. Even though Capello benching DP is becoming a controversy and is angering fans, but hey, Capello knows the player's condition and how they play more like we do, so I would juz say let Capello do the job, as long as we win.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I think it's a little bit worrying that Cap isn't getting the backing of the fans even if Del Piero isn't getting any playing time.

The crisis for Del Piero should be left with the captain himself. It is up to him to regain his form, but everyone must remain calm. Del Piero isn't 33+ years of age, he'll have more games to play.

Capello, just needs to concentrate on coaching. But I'd have to raise my concern about him over-using some of our players like Zlatan, Emerson, or Zambro. If he doesn't want to use Del Piero, then at least let Zala get a run-up. We're always risking Zlatan to an injury if he doesn't rest at this stage of the season.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I don't really agree with people saying they are angry with how DP has been treated by Capello, I think Capello has been fair.

Those who have performed and deserved to play, have played, and those who haven't, have been on the bench.

I think it's a breath of fresh air for Juventus, where in the past certain players have played despite being in poor form.

It's good for the morale of the players to know that if they play well then they will be given a chance. This in turn leads to a higher level of performance - hopefully.

This view is obviously influenced by my opinion on DP's form this season - personally I think he has been poor and deserves time on the bench.

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
I don't really agree with people saying they are angry with how DP has been treated by Capello, I think Capello has been fair.

Those who have performed and deserved to play, have played, and those who haven't, have been on the bench.

I think it's a breath of fresh air for Juventus, where in the past certain players have played despite being in poor form.

It's good for the morale of the players to know that if they play well then they will be given a chance. This in turn leads to a higher level of performance - hopefully.

This view is obviously influenced by my opinion on DP's form this season - personally I think he has been poor and deserves time on the bench.

He has not been impressive but surely not poor....
Only against Milan he show a real bad performance...

juvesta

Sep 6, 2002
Actually i think Capello is doing DP some good in the sense that he will know that next time he's given a chance he'll have to perform to retain a starting place.
If he's a man who can respond to a challenge then we should see real DP who changes games with moments of brilliance.
I don't think i like the shadow DP who i've seen for the last few years and who unfortunately played every game whether on form or not:fero:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
yeah... we finally have a coach who's mentality would be free when picking players. all the preference towards del piero all these years by previous coaces not good for other forwards. how many good forwards have we lost coz of that...

DEl Piero is my feveret player..i practically wake if 4.30 am in the morning just to see him play..but i would rather he stays on the bench then plays as if his not playing....

cant wait for him to WIN back his place though :)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Its amazing how many times I have read Dp is my favourite player or he used to be my favourite player but he is now crap.

To be honest all these threads are getting on my nerves

The totally pro Dp are annoying and the anti Dp are worse

What is going on here? Why so many threads on the same topic?

Capello is the manager and chooses the team but he is not always right and his treatment of Dp is not entirely justified if you listen to his reasons like I need someone with physical presence which to me , means he wants to play the long ball system

In saying that I think Dp should start to look at himself and wonder what he is doing wrong cos he is not pulling in weight in matches

But when you start to read, he should be dropped permanently or should be sold or he should play irrespective of his form and fitness and you read ppl abusing the manager or others raining abuses on the player then you start to get disinterested in the whole thing

Capello has said or alleged to have said there are no untouchabels, what he means is that Dp is untouchable as lets face it if he was talking about the whole team then Nedved ought to have been dropped, so too Zebina and Ibrahimovic as they have all had very bad games this season but still start and finish most matches
But to prove he is the daddy, dropping Dp is the way to go about it.

Its interesting to see fans that go to matches booing their manager and singing the name of a fallen idol, I just hope it does not end in tears as noone comes out of this with any credit

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
denco: you can't expect us staying reading the anti Dp fans writing some foolish things and insulting the Captain or making fun!

I admit SOME of them got valid points, i respect them...But i wont respect someone to Bash Dp ( all the time ) when he has given soo much to this Club..nah i wont:)...

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I'm probably amongst those who consider poorly of DP (although I don't think I've bashed him). I apologize if some things that are written offended some DP fans (on my one day once in a life time visit to italy I purchased a DP Jersey with all the money I had left), I think those who 'bash' DP are merely tired of waiting for him to show his true form or they're tired of reading posts defending dp 'no matter what'.

I agree DP has contributed alot, but his time is probably up at juve. I spent like 8 years , waking up at 2 am to get a glimpse of baggio at juve, milan, bologna, inter. brescia and most of the times I don't get to see him play (milan,inter). He had a great career now it's over. Eventually DP will have the same end.

Lets just end this fued for the good of the club! (Although I think some get a kick due to the fire of the issue) It's tiring to see people go off at one another in every thread about the same thing!

We all agree that the most inform players should get first team action, while the rest get rotation slots. So no more Anti Capello vs. Anti Del Piero?!

Krister

Jan 17, 2005
Im sure Capello can give us some trophies, but I just hope we can play some better quicker attacking football. I like to see more combination play if u know what I mean?
Do u like the way we are playing now? I think think we will have have problem meeting a strong team again right now..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)