Live Mercato Meltdown - 2012/13 (pants filled in 3,2...) (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Yeah, but remember wages.

I'm with Boksic, and I've been saying it for a long time. I get flamed all the time for saying it, but I honestly don't believe we have 25 million + to spend on a striker.
No excuse for reinforcing depth area instead of addressing our main weakness..

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Dude, we've spended like 50M and made 15M from selling youth players, loans, Krasic and Elia. 35M Net spend.
Maybe thats all we have.

Its the only explanation that I can think of.

We have overspent in recent years and made losses. Maybe we just do not have the money this season.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Maybe thats all we have.

Its the only explanation that I can think of.

We have overspent in recent years and made losses. Maybe we just do not have the money this season.
35M after winning Serie A + CL money + Jeep sponsershi seems a bit on the low side. Very low actually.

---------- Post added 30.08.2012 at 16:18 ----------

€33.2m net expenditure apparently
Is Caceres and Giac counted in those numbers? I dont think it's fair to do so.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
WΏΏdy;3837106 said:
So, what's the latest? Gilardino rejected marotta for Hull city because his wife suddenly likes the cakes they sell near the stadium?
No, we haven't been linked with Gila yet. :moan:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Not having depth is pretty weak too, though.

I'm not gonna argue with you, because you rate Llorente. I'm glad we didn't spend 20 million + on him. Besides, Bilbao aren't selling.

He's obviously better than Bendtner, but definitely wasn't worth the investment. As for Dzeko, City aren't selling. As for Jovetic, Fiorentina aren't selling.

RVP wanted United and stay in a more prestigious league.

So tell me, who should we have got?

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Not having depth is pretty weak too, though.

I'm not gonna argue with you, because you rate Llorente. I'm glad we didn't spend 20 million + on him. Besides, Bilbao aren't selling.

He's obviously better than Bendtner, but definitely wasn't worth the investment. As for Dzeko, City aren't selling. As for Jovetic, Fiorentina aren't selling.

RVP wanted United and stay in a more prestigious league.

So tell me, who should we have got?
RVP is a piece of shit. Next please.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I dunno man. Spending the entire load on a striker and left back and trying to compete on two fronts with no depth could mean not being competitive in the CL or the Serie A.

Now you guys will still be top in Serie A and at least competitive in CL. Where a lot of teams in similar situations have added a couple top players and crapped out in one or the other.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I dunno man. Spending the entire load on a striker and left back and trying to compete on two fronts with no depth could mean not being competitive in the CL or the Serie A.

Now you guys will still be top in Serie A and at least competitive in CL. Where a lot of teams in similar situations have added a couple top players and crapped out in one or the other.
True, especially in midfield. Think Asamoah was an important signing.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah and then I'll get a warning again for publicly pooping in the forums... :p
Actually we encourage that type of behavior.:D

---------- Post added 30.08.2012 at 12:28 ----------

True, especially in midfield. Think Asamoah was an important signing.
Isla and Asamoah are gonna be huge for you guys. They are both talented and can play multiple positions well and adapt to multiple formations in a pinch.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
La Nazione:Jovetic will go to City

It seems sealed the fate of Stevan Jovetic (23) and unlikely to be colored in black and white. The rude or suspicious, Berbatov, would not be the reason for the closed door to Juventus for the Montenegrin playmaker. According to "The Nation" in fact, the player has already been promised to Manchester City by virtue of a sort of shadow clause contained in the agreement with the British to Nastasic. Of course, the events of yesterday have not benefited to the relationships between Juventus and Fiorentina Jovetic but fate seems already marked for the reason set out above.

OP
WΏΏdy?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,020
    No, we haven't been linked with Gila yet. :moan:
    Ah still to expensive for us :moan:

Actually we encourage that type of behavior.:D

---------- Post added 30.08.2012 at 12:28 ----------

Isla and Asamoah are gonna be huge for you guys. They are both talented and can play multiple positions well and adapt to multiple formations in a pinch.
    We could have done without Isla tbh and invested that money on a forward.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)