Live Mercato Meltdown - 2012/13 (pants filled in 3,2...) (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I don't think a transfer window would be complete without calls for Marotta to get fired.
Excuse me, but I been patient and reserved with our needs for this summer and giving him time to do it, no excuses like last summer with lack of CL or funds. And what is the result? Abject failure with every target, and about to sign a clown Sunderland deemed not good enough, and WHO has Scored 30 goals in 127 league games. What would make the club not renew his contract next summer if not possible end result like this?

Jul 20, 2012
Sky SPorts -Manager Arsene Wenger has admitted there is a chance Bendtner will leave and the Denmark international has been linked with AC Milan and Juventus.

Chamakh could also exit Emirates Stadium and the Moroccan has been reported as a target of Fiorentina and Besiktas, while a shock move to Tottenham Hotspur has been mentioned.

But while Wenger confesses both players could move on, the Gunners boss insists no deals have been struck with any other club.

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
Some people here don't seem to understand that this was the mercato summer to get a top-class center-forward. Not next summer, or january, or whatever... it was this summer. Why? It was this summer in which Juventus had the advantage over many other clubs - especially the big-spending clubs who can meet 40m+ asking prices. Many of those big-spending clubs couldn't dish out the cash this summer or their benches were too booked.

Those of you who think we can... or even worse, that we will... sign one of Cavani, Falcao, Jovetic next summer is delusional. All of those players will be definitively out of our price-range, and will have offers from (apparently) way more attractive clubs over Juventus such as Chelsea, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Barca, (Fulham? lol), etc.

Some will say, Marotta didn't screw up, that it's just Serie A isn't attractive anymore... well, it's Marotta's job to make Juventus very very attractive and try his best... instead he wastes time, never looks interested, never makes a top player seem like they are the champion we are after at all costs.. instead he looks disinterested, and says things like such and such player "would be a dream, but it's difficult"... that makes us look like we're Udinese, Palermo, or Tottenham... not Juventus...

Marotta screwed up. He should have identified one or two clear targets, and gone after them hard and fast the second the transfer window opened up.. paid the 35m-40m for Cavani, or 28m-30m for Jovetic when the window opened... gone after them straight away. Instead, he waits and waits thinking he has the upper hand and their prices will drop... it NEVER works out... now these players will be way out of our reach... especially if we don't land in the Top 2 in the league this year. Marotta waits.. do you guys really think we would have signed Isla and Asamoah if he didn't sign them straight away at the beginning of the mercato ?

Only possibilities are Llorente and Dzeko for Jan or next summer. At those points in time, it would make sense for Llorente to wait and be picked by by RM, Man City, Arsenal, etc., all of whom he'd most likely choose before us. For Dzeko, he won't leave City unless he's benched a lot this season and city buy another striker - possibly next summer. At that point who knows what type of player he'll be by then.

Ok rant over. Back to the meltdown.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Tell me how this is a good mercato or even a decent one to give another shot at the title?

Asamoah and Isla, excellent players, no doubt about it. But if we're going to use both as wingbacks then Asamoah isn't even the depth we needed. How do we plan on playing our CM's with the same intensity if we're active in 3 competitions?

Giovinco, I never liked him personally, I can't stand him. But he's was good player for Parma. His price was OK, a player with potential. But anyone could've known he isn't a good partner for Vucinic and won't be.

Lucio and Bendtner, I couldn't care less about Lucio but he did look horrible so far. A striker, our most vital signing this season. A goalscorer which we desperately lacked is going to be Bendtner? I could only get angry.

I would even say that Napels Garbagetown FC had a similar transfer window when they reached the CL with Inler and Pandev and more depth with Britos and co. Now have we fallen to such a level?

Jul 20, 2012
Tell me how this is a good mercato or even a decent one to give another shot at the title?

Asamoah and Isla, excellent players, no doubt about it. But if we're going to use both as wingbacks then Asamoah isn't even the depth we needed. How do we plan on playing our CM's with the same intensity if we're active in 3 competitions?

Giovinco, I never liked him personally, I can't stand him. But he's was good player for Parma. His price was OK, a player with potential. But anyone could've known he isn't a good partner for Vucinic and won't be.

Lucio and Bendtner, I couldn't care less about Lucio but he did look horrible so far. A striker, our most vital signing this season. A goalscorer which we desperately lacked is going to be Bendtner? I could only get angry.

I would even say that Napels Garbagetown FC had better a transfer window when they reached the CL with Inler and Pandev and more depth with Britos and co. Now have we fallen to such a level?
Its okay we have Conte who will turn Bendtner into a world class striker :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though, Marotta fucked up, and for the depth in the midfield we still have pogba, padoin, marrone, giachherini, pepe,

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Some people here don't seem to understand that this was the mercato summer to get a top-class center-forward. Not next summer, or january, or whatever... it was this summer. Why? It was this summer in which Juventus had the advantage over many other clubs - especially the big-spending clubs who can meet 40m+ asking prices. Many of those big-spending clubs couldn't dish out the cash this summer or their benches were too booked.

Those of you who think we can... or even worse, that we will... sign one of Cavani, Falcao, Jovetic next summer is delusional. All of those players will be definitively out of our price-range, and will have offers from (apparently) way more attractive clubs over Juventus such as Chelsea, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Barca, (Fulham? lol), etc.

Some will say, Marotta didn't screw up, that it's just Serie A isn't attractive anymore... well, it's Marotta's job to make Juventus very very attractive and try his best... instead he wastes time, never looks interested, never makes a top player seem like they are the champion we are after at all costs.. instead he looks disinterested, and says things like such and such player "would be a dream, but it's difficult"... that makes us look like we're Udinese, or Tottenham... not Juventus...

Marotta screwed up. He should have identified one or two clear targets, and gone after them hard and fast the second the transfer window opened up.. paid the 35m-40m for Cavani, or 28m-30m for Jovetic when the window opened... gone after them straight away. Instead, he waits and waits thinking he has the upper hand and their prices will drop... it NEVER works out... now these players will be way out of our reach... especially if we don't land in the Top 2 in the league this year. Marotta waits.. do you guys really think we would have signed Isla and Asamoah if he didn't sign them straight away at the beginning of the mercato ?

Ok rant over. Back to the meltdown.
So tell me what signings we could have been good without? The clear strategy this mercato has been to secure promising players for the future. Patrici and Marotta has done just that: Masi, Leali, Boakye, Gabbiadini, Pogba etc - those are all super signings!
We all asked for a world class finisher this summer and believe me they've done whatever they can. Truth is we don't spend 30-35m € on players we are not sure will succeed. Don't blame Marotta for not wrapping up a RvP deal (if 23m pound was his price then let him go), Higuain(seems the new favorite in RM based on the past few games?), Cavani (a € 45m+ player who none would have been able to sign from Napoli - not even Moggi).

So all in all I think the critique is a bit harsh here - our management have done a great job IMO, and I know im saying this a lot but people seriously don't understand it, - Conte is asking Marotta for players, Marotta does the enquiries and deals - he doesn't make up players he think Conte likes)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Maybe we just have no money left?

All this talk of Dzeko, Jovetic, Van Persie....... maybe we just do not have any money in the budget to get close to signing them.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Maybe we just have no money left?

All this talk of Dzeko, Jovetic, Van Persie....... maybe we just do not have any money in the budget to get close to signing them.
Dude, we've spended like 50M and made 15M from selling youth players, loans, Krasic and Elia. 35M Net spend.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Yeah, but remember wages.

I'm with Boksic, and I've been saying it for a long time. I get flamed all the time for saying it, but I honestly don't believe we have 25 million + to spend on a striker.

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
So tell me what signings we could have been good without? The clear strategy this mercato has been to secure promising players for the future. Patrici and Marotta has done just that: Masi, Leali, Boakye, Gabbiadini, Pogba etc - those are all super signings!
We all asked for a world class finisher this summer and believe me they've done whatever they can. Truth is we don't spend 30-35m € on players we are not sure will succeed. Don't blame Marotta for not wrapping up a RvP deal (if 23m pound was his price then let him go), Higuain(seems the new favorite in RM based on the past few games?), Cavani (a € 45m+ player who none would have been able to sign from Napoli - not even Moggi).

So all in all I think the critique is a bit harsh here - our management have done a great job IMO, and I know im saying this a lot but people seriously don't understand it, - Conte is asking Marotta for players, Marotta does the enquiries and deals - he doesn't make up players he think Conte likes)
What are you talking about? How long have you been following football? It is completely and totally normal for clubs to buy a sh!tload of young 'promising' players. That's normal, standard, basic, transfer business for all and any ds. Plus, the one's that were most promising - yeah, we didn't sign those (Veratti, Destro). That's your standard of successful mercato? Buying youngsters? you'd do well to follow Udinese and become a selling club then. Buying youngsters - that's normal business, especially for Juventus Football Club. Signing younger players is beside the primary business of reinforcing the first team squad. We could have bought Cavani for 45m. Juventus have made large purchases in the past.. back when 35m was the equivalent of 55m today. Wake up dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)