Live Mercato Meltdown - 2012/13 (pants filled in 3,2...) (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
This Mercato on paper is still much better than last years'. We should not demand the team to win the CL or even reach the Semis. Qualifying past the group stage is more than enough assuming we still win the scudetto. Dortmund were champions and werent expected to do much in the CL. granted they did perform embarrassingly in an easy group but they still arent expected to do much better this year. City and PSG have amazing squads and big coaches and still no one expects them to win the champions league and they never set this as a target for themselves. Both want to win the league titles and go past the group stage in the CL. The ones seriously targeting a win are Bayern, Madrid and Barca.

We should dream yes but we shouldnt forget where we came from 1 season ago and how little experience our squad has in the CL with or without a WC forward signing. We have a squad that can achieve our target with or without the signing.
I understand we are all upset with how marrotta failed again in signing that WC striker promised last year but I dont think that failure will affect us reaching our objectives.

Compared to other teams we have by far strengthened our squad more than any other team except maybe PSG & Chelsea (but the former need time to gel while we dont).
There is no need to panic, but we can rightfully be disappointed.

The only way Marrotta can relieve that disappointment is if he brings back Del Piero. For me (but obviously for emotional reasons), I'd rather have Alessandro back than sign any of the players we are linked except for maybe RVP or Cavani. :cry:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
"Fernando Llorente could remain an objective, seeing as his contract expires in 2013. When the rules allow us to make an approach, then we’ll see how it ends. At the moment it is a utopia to think he’ll play for us."
Thanks.

Why do most things that come out of Marotta's mouth make me feel like elbowing him across the head?

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
I believe if we draw a tough group in the Champions League Marotta will pull all the stops to get us a true top player. But then again I'm a very optimistic lad.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The fuck? When I was going to sleep Berbatov was a Juve player and now he has signed for Fulham? Gurus/Media :lol2:
If we buy Bendtner, I'll never, ever make fun of Fred. Ever. Fuck.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
This Mercato on paper is still much better than last years'. We should not demand the team to win the CL or even reach the Semis. Qualifying past the group stage is more than enough assuming we still win the scudetto. Dortmund were champions and werent expected to do much in the CL. granted they did perform embarrassingly in an easy group but they still arent expected to do much better this year. City and PSG have amazing squads and big coaches and still no one expects them to win the champions league and they never set this as a target for themselves. Both want to win the league titles and go past the group stage in the CL. The ones seriously targeting a win are Bayern, Madrid and Barca.

We should dream yes but we shouldnt forget where we came from 1 season ago and how little experience our squad has in the CL with or without a WC forward signing. We have a squad that can achieve our target with or without the signing.
I understand we are all upset with how marrotta failed again in signing that WC striker promised last year but I dont think that failure will affect us reaching our objectives.

Compared to other teams we have by far strengthened our squad more than any other team except maybe PSG & Chelsea (but the former need time to gel while we dont).

The only way Marrotta can relieve that disappointment is if he brings back Del Piero. For me (but obviously for emotional reasons), I'd rather have Alessandro back than sign any of the players we are linked except for maybe RVP or Cavani. :cry:
That's bullshit attitutude. Juventus aims for titles in all competitions. I'm 100% sure Conte aims for the CL trophy... worse teams have won it in the past..

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
The Berbatov shit that happened today was really fucked up.

Others and me included were so happy, everyone saying its a done deal, SKY, Gazzetta, and a lot more saying its done, details on his flight to Turin, and then in 2 seconds it all changed and he signed for Fulham.

What the fuck happened there, and what the fuck is Marotta doing now...?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I would have been 10 fold happier had Marotta come out and said we arent signing anyone rather than saying 'we are assessing the Bendtner option' ,i mean its just so embarrassing.Not to mention we already got embarrassed big time when Berba chose Fulham over us.Not that i want Bendtner but how embarrassing would it be if he turns us down as well ? Perception of Non-Juve fans is obviously going to be different.

This has been a summer of embarrassment first with the whole conte situation and now fighting for scraps with one day to go in the window and whats worse is that some people on here are backing his moves which is ridiculous to say the least.With one day to go in the window,i think you gotta be realistic as well..Marotta isnt going to pull off a 20-25m signing out of nowhere now.He left it too little too late in the window and he is now paying the price for it.

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011

How is this mercato better than last year?

Last Season This Season
Vucinic----------giovinco
vidal -----------asamoah
Pirlo -----------pogba
Licht ------------isla

And we still dont have striker and a LB

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
How is this mercato better than last year?

Last Season This Season
Vucinic----------giovinco
vidal -----------asamoah
Pirlo -----------pogba
Licht ------------isla

And we still dont have striker and a LB
We didn't miss a LB last season, De Ceglie and Chiellini did well, they can do it again.
I agree about the striker part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)