Live Mercato Deadline Day - AM Meltdown Edition (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
We need exactly someone like him, who can keep the ball under pressure and provide this team with creativity. Good signing imho.
There is a big difference between keeping the ball, and between trying to make a good show everytime you touch the ball. I'd rather have an effective AM rather than someone who is more focused on how to dribble players.

If he knew more when to pass/create, be more consistent and didnt slow down physically as he seems to have done, he would have beecome a top AM choice or near there about. But he is almost like an english type of AM, he gets a chance and just takes shots from anywhere. Not anywhere as dumfounded as Gaurin in that, but not far from it.
:tup:

He is not fast but he can be a usefull player. Only if he focuses more on passing and team playing rather than dribbling.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Hernanes will help fill the giant hole that we left in the midfield this mercato. This is a year I expect Marchisio to step up and cover a lot of the gaps that Vidal and Pirlo left, mostly Vidal. Hernanes will help aide the loss of Pirlo as a playmaker but it is key that Marchisio performs well this year.

Pogba has that fire in his belly that a lot of great athletes have. He has a passion to be the best on the field and he believes in himself. However, it's a team game and we lost a lot of blood this mercato. Let's take some of the pressure off of Pogba and place it on the players who are a little older and have been here before in times of need. It's time for Marchisio to be a leader. The Hernanes pick up will help us tremendously in the league, but I think we still fall very far short of competing in CL again this year.

It was a disappointing offseason and I think it ultimately sealed the deal as far as losing Pogba next year bar some miracle run in the CL. The scudetto? Been there done that. We could very well win it again this year too. The year is far from over. However, players like Pogba want to compete at the highest level and I'm afraid we have lost that ability. Looks like we have fallen off for at least two seasons. We won't finish 7th two years in a row of anything but I was always under the impression that this club is one of the best in the world. I was just getting used to competing for CL titles too...what a shame.
I think last year's cl run was a bit lucky (although you always need luck in cl) and not really representative of our position in european football

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The question is, can Allegri get the best out of Hernanes? Obviously the player is creative and Inter has struggled to maximize player potential over the years, but not sure if he can snap out of it.

But at the end of the day, this mercato was a disaster simply because of the way in which it was handled. Maybe Lemina will rise above expectations.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
There is a big difference between keeping the ball, and between trying to make a good show everytime you touch the ball. I'd rather have an effective AM rather than someone who is more focused on how to dribble players.

:tup:

He is not fast but he can be a usefull player. Only if he focuses more on passing and team playing rather than dribbling.
I would argue that every team needs at least one player of his profile. Someone capable of creating numerical advantage in the final third. Agreed on the 2nd part though.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
This thread is officially unreadable. I tried, I failed. So many candy-asses in here! :D

Big thanks to Jay and Osman for providing a bit of sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)