Live Mercato Deadline Day - AM Meltdown Edition (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmKe91

May 10, 2015
I think last year's cl run was a bit lucky (although you always need luck in cl) and not really representative of our position in european football
Yes, that may be true but I was expecting to build upon the squad that "luckily" made it to a CL final. Instead we lost Tevez because he is Tevez, sold Vidal and failed to replace either of them with players that will perform NOW. I don't doubt Dyabalas ability to be great some day soon but we took a couple of steps back this season. That's all I'm saying, just a little disappointed but I'm excited to watch this team grow and get better with time.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
I don't get why Inter are selling to us either tbh.
I had thoughts they'd be dumb enough to block it thinking of Scudetto after beating a guaranteed relagation team and another one fighting for it come end of the season. Wise decision to sell. as decent a temporary solution as Hernanes is, 11m is just too good of an offer to reject.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yes, that may be true but I was expecting to build upon the squad that "luckily" made it to a CL final. Instead we lost Tevez because he is Tevez, sold Vidal and failed to replace either of them with players that will perform NOW. I don't doubt Dyabalas ability to be great some day soon but we took a couple of steps back this season. That's all I'm saying, just a little disappointed but I'm excited to watch this team grow and get better with time.
True, but at this time it is hard to see who ee could get of the same level to replace the exiting top players

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This thread is officially unreadable. I tried, I failed. So many candy-asses in here! :D

Big thanks to Jay and Osman for providing a bit of sanity.
Really? I feel I been bit emotional all day :D It really infuriates me we failed at our objectives and our own set goals (Marotta's own words and wishes), and had to settle for less.

Hope it turns out well, 10 new players, thats half the squad almost. If you dont have a set key player to carry you like Tevez did in the meantime, we risk crumbling mentally with the increasing pressure with so many young players.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
And your opinion of getting Hernanes instead? Isnt it better to gamble on a young player with very high ceiling that can become a top player, instead, of what we just got? Who no one deemed worth considering even except for last minute panic option?

Financially we should been able to risk it, we have gotten plenty of moolah from sales so far, and our revenue improved significantly past year.
Draxler for the ~40 million Wolfsburg is paying is a pretty bad deal. It would've been alright (not great) for ~30 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)