Live Mercato Deadline Day - AM Meltdown Edition (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Allegri inherited a title winning team and he did an amazing job in taking us to the final.
Now all eyes will be on him as to how sets up 'his team' and his style.
We still bought quality this year and Allegri definitely needs to deliver.
"His team" is definitely not what Beppe Marotta did on the mercato. Allegri is pissed as fuck, I take any bet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I agree but what's being forgotten is chemistry.

What made us so dangerous in CL was our players' union and chemistry with one another and all in one offseason we threw that out the window.

There have been some talented Inter, Milan, and Napoli sides the last of years but it doesn't amass to anything because their teams lack rhythm.
"His team" is definitely not what Beppe Marotta did on the mercato. Allegri is pissed as fuck, I take any bet.
:tup:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Marotta won't be fired even if we finished 7th.
It won't happen.Just quit thinking like that.
He's the CEO of the club and for 4 straight yrs, has been successful in handling all aspects concerning Juventus.
Sarcasm makes you sound like a spoiled 15 year old bitch.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I just recall Soriano being quite good when he played as an AM last year. I might be wrong there. He played about a dozen games last year in that position and always looked decent there. I haven't seen enough of him I guess.

The only reason Hernanes might be better than Saponara as a signing for us is that Saponara would probably cost quite a bit more at this stage of the Mercato being a very important young player for Empoli. I like his style of play better. He does attack quite a bit and maybe isn't quite as creative as others, but he does provide that link from midfield to attack in bringing the ball forward, something we saw yesterday once Pereyra was on the pitch, and which made us look so much better.

I suppose I'm just disappointed that we're signing a mediocre 30 year old Inter reject in the position that was identified as the most important to fill this summer. Oh well. I hope I'm wrong and Hernanes revives his career here.
It is dissapointing and he is a reject (though Mancini is a moron, he shouldnt be rejected for awful players like Brozovic), but on footballing terms, he is better equipped and skilled then Soriano (just a decent all around runner really) and Saponara. Defenitely you would been dissapointed alot more with Saponara if he was the panic buy (he litterally is only about half a season of good footie for lowly Empoli), its the emotional ride of this all governing us right now to see anything else as just better right now. But at the least, if we calm down, hopefully you will realize its not that drastic that half decent young players arent just automatically better because we dont have them. Hernanes is older and slower, but technically and creatively is better player then both for sure. His problem is he is merely a good player, not a top one as we and Inter needed for the AM position.

I was extremely alarmed to see you say you would prefer Soriano, so regardless of if we get Hernanes or not, you should watch clips of Hernanes for therapeutic reasons :D

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
I can't believe some people are defending this mercato and what ---> :beppe: has done or can I say failed to do.
I don't know about you guys but I enjoyed our run to the Final of the CL last year and was hoping we were really back among the elite of Europe like they were telling us and that that run was going to be the beginning of something great.... OBVIOUSLY it wasn't and we're back to being a mediocre team, at best on the European stage. Maybe you guys are OK with that but I definitely am not and I'm sure many here agree with me.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
One thing i always admired about hernanes is that he can shoot FKs and Corners with both feet and you cant notice the difference, something i ve never seen another player do.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
"His team" is definitely not what Beppe Marotta did on the mercato. Allegri is pissed as $#@!, I take any bet.
It's not like he hasn't been pissed before. He'll do his job. But he is famous for his slow starts. What prevented this from happening last season was Tevez only. I remember in the first 4-5 games Tevez scored or assisted every single goal we had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)