Live Mercato Deadline Day - AM Meltdown Edition (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I can't believe some people are defending this mercato and what ---> :beppe: has done or can I say failed to do.
I don't know about you guys but I enjoyed our run to the Final of the CL last year and was hoping we were really back among the elite of Europe like they were telling us and that that run was going to be the beginning of something great.... OBVIOUSLY it wasn't and we're back to being a mediocre team, at best on the European stage. Maybe you guys are OK with that but I definitely am not and I'm sure many here agree with me.
The team isnt mediocre ffs. Plenty of quality here and I am pretty excited to see more of it and these new, talented and young players once the season seriously kicks in. We needed this kind of reconstruction and it was bound to happen, maybe even a year overdue.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
BTW Snejder's contract runs out at June 2016 so he'll be available for peanuts in January if we needed another stop gap measure

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I must admit I agree
What we lost 2 CM and 1 FC all WC players
What do we need to get in order to stay at the same level 2CM or 1CM 1AM and 1FC WC players
What did we get?
Dybala - future star - not yet WC
Mandzukic - good for depth but we should have went for other players before trying to get him
Sandro - Dont get me wrong he is a great signing and will replace the aging Evra BUT we need to strengthen the places we got weakened first!
Cuadrado - Free loan so cant say much about it. Great move doesnt matter how you look at it...
Zaza - Probably the stupidest decision of the summer 18M for Zaza is a pure waste. Yeah I know we technically paid 10 if you consider we got 8 before but I rather we let them have him for that 8M and get someone else with that money

Zaza 18M Madzukic 19M = 37M together I guess we could have got Draxler if we wanted... now assuming we got around 20M for another CM/AM its 57M
Can you really say we couldnt get someone serious with that kind of money? by the way I like Sandro but if you take his money its 83M -> De Bruyne kind of player...

I rather see us get 3 players amazing ones than 7 players who are good at best!
Also releasing Pirlo was a big mistake as we could easily have kept him if we just told him he is still important player for our game
Just imagine how much stronger we could have been!
:agree: mostly

alaska

May 25, 2013
Why didn't we *just* sign Alex Teixeira?

A few years ago he said he wanted us, and he probably doesn't want to play in a crater made by an artillery shell.

Can someone explain why we would pursue Hernanes over him? Is it experience?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It is dissapointing and he is a reject (though Mancini is a moron, he shouldnt be rejected for awful players like Brozovic), but on footballing terms, he is better equipped and skilled then Soriano (just a decent all around runner really) and Saponara. Defenitely you would been dissapointed alot more with Saponara if he was the panic buy (he litterally is only about half a season of good footie for lowly Empoli), its the emotional ride of this all governing us right now to see anything else as just better right now. But at the least, if we calm down, hopefully you will realize its not that drastic that half decent young players arent just automatically better because we dont have them. Hernanes is older and slower, but technically and creatively is better player then both for sure. His problem is he is merely a good player, not a top one as we and Inter needed for the AM position.

I was extremely alarmed to see you say you would prefer Soriano, so regardless of if we get Hernanes or not, you should watch clips of Hernanes for therapeutic reasons :D

Tried watching but eventually stopped it is all the same
He is a good player not an amazing one but just a good one... he does too much crossovers and shoots whenever he got the chance - a think I guess he`ll do much less here...
Also his flip flops will kill him someday..

Do I think he is better than nothing?! YES!
Do I think he is the player we needed the player who will take us to glory?! HELL NO!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

A few years ago he said he wanted us, and he probably doesn't want to play in a crater made by an artillery shell.

Marotta has his low ball reasons he always does.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
The team isnt mediocre ffs. Plenty of quality here and I am pretty excited to see more of it and these new, talented and young players once the season seriously kicks in. We needed this kind of reconstruction and it was bound to happen, maybe even a year overdue.
Meanwhile worst beginning since 19 when like 1912. Maybe this is our first time we do this. Maybe never before we change players. Maybe Maybe

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Teixeira - He is an explosive player but never thought of him being that good
Also I remember he wanted us a few years back when we played Shakhtar with the likes of Iaquinta - back then he would have been a good option right now I just want to see us get to the top levels again! I want us to go toe to toe with Bayern Real and Barca
Right now we will concede 5 from each of those teams
You cant go all young with potential and hope something will happen... you need a mixture of experience class and also have place for youngsters to evolve!
Pogba is the perfect example!
Coman just isnt right for the role we played him - also I think we should have loaned him to Palermo or to a La liga side where he can be a star.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It is dissapointing and he is a reject (though Mancini is a moron, he shouldnt be rejected for awful players like Brozovic), but on footballing terms, he is better equipped and skilled then Soriano (just a decent all around runner really) and Saponara. Defenitely you would been dissapointed alot more with Saponara if he was the panic buy (he litterally is only about half a season of good footie for lowly Empoli), its the emotional ride of this all governing us right now to see anything else as just better right now. But at the least, if we calm down, hopefully you will realize its not that drastic that half decent young players arent just automatically better because we dont have them. Hernanes is older and slower, but technically and creatively is better player then both for sure. His problem is he is merely a good player, not a top one as we and Inter needed for the AM position.

I was extremely alarmed to see you say you would prefer Soriano, so regardless of if we get Hernanes or not, you should watch clips of Hernanes for therapeutic reasons :D

:tup:

You're right. Hernanes therapy helps. :lol:

Like you say, a good player, not a top player. It's this rollercoaster of a Mercato with all these great but unrealistic targets, and then settling for someone so much lesser that I'm grasping at straws at this point with regards to thinking of players I'd rather have that might be available. I'm in denial that we aren't signing a top AM. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)