Live Mercato Deadline Day - AM Meltdown Edition (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I remember @DAiDEViL suggested this :

Buffon
Licht-Bonucci-Chiellini-Sandro
Marchisio
Hernanes------Pogba
Pereyra
Dybala-Morata​

I'd like this lineup especially in CL when we look to hit teams on the break.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Again it's not a symmetric 433.more of a 4321.
:agree:

As a 4-3-3 that probably wouldn't work, but with as a 4-3-2-1 with Dybala playing more centrally from the left, and Cuadrado giving some width and overloading the right it might work quite well.

I see us playing a 4-3-1-2 though, as I really don't see the point of the Hernanes purchase otherwise. I highly doubt we brought him to be a CM, as we also bought Lemina for that. And if we're playing a 3 man midfield in a 4-3-3 that leaves us with Pogba, Marchisio, Lemina, Sturaro, Pereyra, Khedira, Asamoah, Padoin, Hernanes to fit into the rotation. That's 9 players for CM. That would be crazy. If we're playing a 4 man midfield with a CAM, it makes much more sense. Hernanes, Pereyra and Cuadrado can all play CAM, and then we have 6 players left over for the three other midfield spots. Cuadrado's versatility is really quite fantastic as he played RWF, RWB, RCM, SS, and AM for Fiorentina at times. He's actually quite a decent SS and AM, even if his best position is RWF.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember @DAiDEViL suggested this :

Buffon
Licht-Bonucci-Chiellini-Sandro
Marchisio
Hernanes------Pogba
Pereyra
Dybala-Morata​

I'd like this lineup especially in CL when we look to hit teams on the break.

Replace Hernanes with Asamoah if he returns from his injury and to top form again. Big if, but I think he might be a game-changer for us in Midfield if it happens.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If Khedira comes back, we'll likely see this :

Marchisio
Khedira-----Pogba
Hernanes

Slow-ass midfield
What about Cuadrado/Pereyra as the RCM at times? With The other one in that Hernanes spot allowing some freedom for those two to overload that right side as Pereyra always has a tendency to drift right when playing CAM as does Cuadrado. It would probably turn into a sort of right side heavy 4-4-2 variation when attacking.

Jupentus

Jul 29, 2015
Can not wait to see sandro, cuadrado, hernanes with more gelling dybala, morata, mandzu and healing marchisio, asamoah, khedira..insert rugani sometimes...
It Just very exiciting juve!
Expecting more fluid, exploded, flair, attractive juve..

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

Marchisio
Khedira-----Pogba
Hernanes

Slow-ass midfield
actually when fit, asamoah will be first choice imo.

asamoah is really fast too. right there with morata as our fastest player. not to mention he is comfrtable with running with the ball

what does this mean?

it means because asamoah is also good at positiong and intercepting/tackling, when winning the ball he, morata, dybala, pogba and pereyra are able to cover large areas of pitch because of speed. counter attack is going to be top notch.

blitz style counter attack.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Where do you play Asamoah ? He isn't going to occupy Pogba's position.

Either he plays as a DM or as an AM.He won't play on the right.

Actually, AM was Asamoah's original position when he was at Udinese.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i'd play him instead of khedira.

he would play on the left next to alex sandro so that he can drift wide.

pogba would move to right.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
you dont need creativity when marchisio, hernanes, pogba and asamoah are bombarding golie with long shot after log shot and morata waiting in box to hit rebound.

we will roflstomp teams. watch and see

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
i'd play him instead of khedira.

he would play on the left next to alex sandro so that he can drift wide.

pogba would move to right.
Pogba has got well accustomed to playing on the wide left of midfield.

Don't know why you would want to change it all of a sudden now.Could limit Pogba in some ways too.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
pogba is can use both feet eqully well. i think he can do quite well on right.

asamaoh is bad at using his weaker foot, so it makes sense for him to stick to left side.

that said of course the midfield isnt set in stone. the players can move around the pitch, like last season, but they tactically should stay where coach thinks is best

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Pogba likes to cut in from the left hand side and either pass or shoot.Don't forget his linkups with Evra too.
He's been doing well in that wide left role for a while now.
If he plays on the right, it's more likely he'll play more central than drift outwide on the right flank.
Could be tried as an experiment.But I am not completely sure tho.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Marchisio
Khedira-----Pogba
Hernanes

Slow-ass midfield
And to think Marotta or Allegri (one of those said cant remember who) said we are looking for a more dynamic midfield
Hernanes and Khedira vs Pirlo and Vidal...
I`d take Pirlo and Vidal anyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)