Live Mercato Deadline Day - AM Meltdown Edition (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Suddenly the cuadrado deal looks like we signed Juan Mata on a Bosman.

Getting owned by the two clubs I hate more than everything, during the course of one summer. I can't remember last time I felt that much of football related rage
Solution: Call Zacheryah. He can arrange a menage a trois with some redheads and a session @ his local gym.

In all honesty tho, booze, women, and the gym are your allies at present.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'm sorry but Dybala and Alex Sandro were anything but bargains. We paid a reasonable fee for Mandžukić and Zaza. We fail to get Draxler and do not pay 30 or more million for him and people say we look for bargains. Basically we are looking for anything that would strengthen the team.

Obviously I don't literally mean the only players we've ever bought in our recent history are dirt cheap, but yeah we're busy bargain hunting. You mention our 2 new strikers, neither will be first team players when Morata and Dybala get a run together. So yeah, we seen a 20M striker who fell out with his coach, and a mediocre sassuolo striker and went for them, because the better alternatives would've cost a lot more.

We were crying out for a playmaker, what do we do. We wait until deadline day to sign an Inter reject. We, the top club in Italy and after last season one of the very best clubs in football, sold Vidal and plugged the gap with an Inter reject.

And yeah we paid a lot for Sandro, but he too was a bargain. Because if he wasn't flat out refusing a new contract we would not have even bothered enquiring about him because he'd end up going for pretty much the same price as his fellow ex-Porto full back.

Bargain hunting is GOOD, when it's combined with the occasional top signing that's supposed to instantly improve your weakest area. But the balance is wrong right now, you can't lose top players, then sell top players and buy inferior players without destabilising the squad. And right now, our amazing stability is pretty much fucked until we finally gell. But when will that happen? After the break? After another loss? When we're 3 games in to the group stage and sitting in 3rd place?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Our team is far and away the best selection of the year. These fearmongering posts you make really gotto end.

If we dont finish top3, Allegri can pack his backs
Hernanes will be useful as a CM. Doesn't solve the AM problem.

Of course talent wise we are still very good, but what worries me is settling 9 or 10 new players into the team, along with the injury problem of Asamoah and Khedira, guys who would be very important to the midfield (specially Asa) and we just don't know if/when they will actually be useful.

As I've said before, Morata and Mandzu together is a waiste on Morata's characteristics to me.

Pogba is clearly already struggling to assume responsibility, as he's very young, and Morata will also have to assume this role. It's not easy. Pressure on Dybala to perform will be bigger than ideally also, he will have to assume a preponderant role right away.

I don't see Allegri using Cuadrado as a rwb and he's just a misfit at this point. As is Zaza at the moment.

Chemistry is a big issue, specially with so many new and young players. It could very well take more than one season so they could gell.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
If we dont win the league with this team then Allegri should be evaluated very seriously.
Honestly I don't expect us to win this year. And not sure if it will be Allegri's fault if it happens. It's definitely a transition year now. I expect us to contend, not necessarily to win. And Allegri will be huge in this transition. If he doesn't do a good job, this can turn out a very tough year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)