Live Mercato Deadline Day - AM Meltdown Edition (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
:tup: :agree: The most pressing issue wasn't addressed until the end, and instead of getting a quality starter for years to come, we got an Inter reject as our stop gap solution. Pathetic attempt by Marotta in all honesty. Dybala and Sandro were very solid buys, but Allegri needs a quality AM to make the 4-3-1-2 (his preferred formation) work. As things stand, both our midfield and attack are visibly weaker, and we are going to need a lot of luck to repeat as champions and negotiate a tough looking CL group.
Yep, don't get me wrong I do like Marotta and Dybala + Sandro is personally 2 of my favourite buys in recent times. I expect big things from both.

But there is nobody that can convince me that after all the money we made last season, and with the sales of Vidal and Coman included, that we couldn't have SIGNIFICANTLY strengthened our weakest spot with an attacking midfielder of real quality. Instead we're bargain bin hunting on deadline day for a position we should've covered long ago. I mean who the fuck spends 38Million euros on 2 bench strikers and sells Vidal then spends 10M on a badly needed CAM.

We could have landed somebody like Oscar (Just an example) for 40-50M and whether people like it or not, one day we will need to actually invest that on one player and not 4 or 5 because we're not going to keep landing unknown players who go on to become world class. It's not sustainable.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think the 4-3-3 is very close
Hernanes will be one of the 3 in a rotation system with Asamoah Lemina and Khedira as Marchisio and Pogba will likely to start
Morata Cuadrado and Dybala will be our trio upfront Mandzukic will rotate but will eventually be seen as a sub
Defence the same with Sandro taking LB role
Actually this could work the other option will see us field a weaker team

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Obviously I don't literally mean the only players we've ever bought in our recent history are dirt cheap, but yeah we're busy bargain hunting. You mention our 2 new strikers, neither will be first team players when Morata and Dybala get a run together. So yeah, we seen a 20M striker who fell out with his coach, and a mediocre sassuolo striker and went for them, because the better alternatives would've cost a lot more.

We were crying out for a playmaker, what do we do. We wait until deadline day to sign an Inter reject. We, the top club in Italy and after last season one of the very best clubs in football, sold Vidal and plugged the gap with an Inter reject.

And yeah we paid a lot for Sandro, but he too was a bargain. Because if he wasn't flat out refusing a new contract we would not have even bothered enquiring about him because he'd end up going for pretty much the same price as his fellow ex-Porto full back.

Bargain hunting is GOOD, when it's combined with the occasional top signing that's supposed to instantly improve your weakest area. But the balance is wrong right now, you can't lose top players, then sell top players and buy inferior players without destabilising the squad. And right now, our amazing stability is pretty much $#@!ed until we finally gell. But when will that happen? After the break? After another loss? When we're 3 games in to the group stage and sitting in 3rd place?
So what? Juve is financially healthy, there's almost no way we can repeat our last season even if all the players had stayed and we brought in all the improvements. At least not internationally. Look at EPL teams and at PSG for example. They spend ridiculous amounts every year and crash in the quarter finals of CL. Spending money is not a guarantee for success. Personally I thought getting Draxler was not a great idea as he was very expensive for a guy with lots of injuries.

Buying an experienced player such as Hernanes for 11 million is a pretty good deal. A guy who can definitely add something to the team, especially in terms of experience. We can play him and Pereyra in CAM and see during the winter break or next summer whether we can get a world class CAM for a good deal. I'd rather wait than overspend on players (remember Diego, Amauri, Melo) and then we stopped and waited for good deals and built a WC squad.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Marotta so far fail with his part so if allegri fail in his part WTH HeS gonna be the only one in risk. So if the Team is great is cuz marotta and if It fail is cuz allegri :crazy:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Now the squad is, considering Asamoah's and Khedira's injuries problem - I won't count on them. Also Padoin should always be the last choice to any position, for depth - doesn't really add value to the squad, not counting on him either.

GKs: Buffon, Neto, Rubinho

RBs: Licht, Caceres

LBs: Alex Sandro, Evra

CBs: Bonucci, Chiellini, Barzagli, Rugani

DMs: Marchisio, Lemina

CMs: Pogba, Pereyra, Sturaro, Hernanes

AMs: none (Pereyra and Hernanes can fill the spot occasionally)

wingers: Cuadrado

SSs: Dybala

CFs: Mandzukic, Morata, Zaza

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
just wait for jovetic being out for 3 month.

sisso...i mean kondogbia for €40m? :lol:

miranda is nice, but already 31.

you rate this signings but think we had a bad mercato?
The reason why i think we had a bad mercato is because we failed to adress our biggest needs and failed to replace the players we sold ( Vidal, Coman...)

The players that were bought are in the majority good signing, don't agree with Marotta getting Mandzukic and Zaza and letting Llorente walk for free.

Meanwhile Inter for their standards had a good mercato, Jojo, Perisic, Kondogbia, Miranda, Murillo and Ljajic are all good siginig for bargain prices except Kondogbia.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
:tup: :agree: The most pressing issue wasn't addressed until the end, and instead of getting a quality starter for years to come, we got an Inter reject as our stop gap solution. Pathetic attempt by Marotta in all honesty. Dybala and Sandro were very solid buys, but Allegri needs a quality AM to make the 4-3-1-2 (his preferred formation) work. As things stand, both our midfield and attack are visibly weaker, and we are going to need a lot of luck to repeat as champions and negotiate a tough looking CL group.
Yeah.I am saying all the time that Alegri isn't consulted about any player and they do not even consider his wishes.He want's Oscar(unreachable) and get Hernanes instead.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
I think the 4-3-3 is very close
Hernanes will be one of the 3 in a rotation system with Asamoah Lemina and Khedira as Marchisio and Pogba will likely to start
Morata Cuadrado and Dybala will be our trio upfront Mandzukic will rotate but will eventually be seen as a sub
Defence the same with Sandro taking LB role
Actually this could work the other option will see us field a weaker team
I actually think the 352 is the most logical formation with players we have.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah it's a pretty good deal, but if we're going to settle for pretty good deals, and watch our best players leave then we're going to find ourselves in a much worse position than we have been in the last 4 years.

There's no point in having the mentality that 'We can't spend 200M in one Summer so why bother" We can still invest heavily in ONE top player every few years. Because our finances are in great shape. But if we keep on looking for people like Hernanes then we ARE absolutely 100% going to regress.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Honestly I don't expect us to win this year. And not sure if it will be Allegri's fault if it happens. It's definitely a transition year now. I expect us to contend, not necessarily to win. And Allegri will be huge in this transition. If he doesn't do a good job, this can turn out a very tough year.
Miracle season or not, Allegri's contract shouldn't have been extended after last year. He's a great manager with the experienced players we had but not the charismatic leader our young bunch needs. Deschamps needs to hurry his ass over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)