Lippi, to go , to stay? (1 Viewer)

bahraini

May 20, 2003
many ppl talking this season about lippi and Juve should change him,
also from time to time, that the club wants him to leave.

well,
for me i think its the giggest mistake it would happen,
lippi is the most coach who seems to understand Juve,
and the most successful with them. if we are talking about this year
result , so its magic that we r still on the race and could reach that level.
it's all cuz of him , and how genius he is. if there were any other coach
i tihnk we would be on the middle of the table..

whats going on is not his fault, its the players , spcailly our defence
cuz look how many goals we scored, we havent managed to score that
much for many seasons , but now we r one of the strongest attack.
but at the same time we get many goal which effect our results..

also , one bad season doesnt mean that the coach is bad, look to capello,
he had very bas seaon last year , but this year he came back very strong
cuz he is a excellent . also look to Man U, its more than 10 years wiht Fergison , sorry for the spelling, and still win many titels..

so , lippi was never the reason, instead , his work helped us a alot this season, so we MUST keep him for the longest time, cuz it will be hard
for us to find someone is genius and understanding for Juve as him...

so keep him , plz keep him, all what we've had from the 90's till now, it was only from this guy, so i dont see any need to change ,only for a sake of changeing as the guy still got much to give.

its not del piero who is the soul of juve, its lippi,
and only lippi....

SO PLEASE, KEEP HIM .....

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Changing the coach should be a team's last resort. Unless he's causing disharmony and has bad relationships with the players, he should stay. Either that or you could sell the player he's having tension with (even if he's the most popular and profitable player in the world, just because you kicked a boot at him and rested him for the first half against Real)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Releasing Lippi from Juve coach, its the big mistake...he is now the best coach on the world, and he is the only coach who really loves and understands Juve...this years success or failure is not Lippis fault...its because the defence was not fit .....but dont forget that Juve with Lippi won all possible trophies ;)..

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Either that or you could sell the player he's having tension with (even if he's the most popular and profitable player in the world, just because you kicked a boot at him and rested him for the first half against Real)

Exactly, and for that reason Alex should go :thumb:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Exactly, and for that reason Alex should go :thumb:

Zlatan can you tell me what do you have against Alex DP :)?
On every post you write on the TRANSFER TALK, you say that we should sell DP ?

p.s. Just asking :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I dont have anything against him personaly, I just think we should cash in on him while we can and give better and more promising players the chance (Miccoli)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I dont have anything against him personaly, I just think we should cash in on him while we can and give better and more promising players the chance (Miccoli)

I think we should keep him another 2 or 3 yrs....
Anyway, thnx for telling :D

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
I want him to stay!!

As for Del Piero I still wanna see him in Juve!!
Lippi and Del Piero forever in Juve!!
After all why should we let 'em go??

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
its hard to say really. do we blame Moggi alone for our team not being active in the transfer market? or do we partly blame lippi also who i think would have a say as to who to buy also.

Lippi has definately given us great success. but i also believe that he is somewhat to loyal to certain players also. this is why we havent seen the likes of montero, iuliano, pessotto move on when its clear that over the past two seasons, they should have in exchange for younger defenders. This season has seen Miccoli take the bench, even when del piero was clearly out of form. just a few things which have maybe given indication that lippi might need to move on.

whether we like it or not, juve has to undergo major changes this summer. we will see a new defence next season, we should see another creative midfielder come in and i believe that new forwards will be brought in.

Traps said he is resigning from the national team job, and i think Lippi may be offered it. Lippi has also stated that the CL is his top priority this season and if he doesnt win it, he may leave and let another coach have a go at it.

i believe it could be the end of lippi's second era with the club. he won us back to back scudetti and was unlucky not to win the CL again for the third time. but he has given the club everything that he could with this team which he made when joining us again. i dont think he can give us much more.

i would like to see him take the national team job and maybe deschamps could take the juventus job. he may be young as a coach, but he has shown he has what it takes and his current team is playing well and they play some exciting football.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
its hard to say really. do we blame Moggi alone for our team not being active in the transfer market? or do we partly blame lippi also who i think would have a say as to who to buy also.

Lippi has definately given us great success. but i also believe that he is somewhat to loyal to certain players also. this is why we havent seen the likes of montero, iuliano, pessotto move on when its clear that over the past two seasons, they should have in exchange for younger defenders. This season has seen Miccoli take the bench, even when del piero was clearly out of form. just a few things which have maybe given indication that lippi might need to move on.

whether we like it or not, juve has to undergo major changes this summer. we will see a new defence next season, we should see another creative midfielder come in and i believe that new forwards will be brought in.
Major changes are the last thing that we need. Right now, we're third in the league with a chance to win it still, we're still in the Cl with a good chance to move on to the next round, and we're challenging for the Coppa. Sure, this season isn't shaping up to be what last season was, but it's pure madness to throw away what we've already got by changing the team too much or changing the coach.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
FIRST, Adrian is right- Lippi is obsessed with some of the players (the ones he brought in and taught during his first round with Juve), which he simply "loves"- Zambrotta, Tachinardi, Del Piero, Montero... Great players, no offence, but I find this approach way too idealistic and unacceptable for a great club. I am afraid that Lippi DID NOT PUSH for purchase/lease of new players during the last summer/winter transfer windows simply because he is sure that "his old team will do the job".

SECOND, Lippi's "rotational system" worked only temporarily. I strongly diagree with such a tactic. None of the great teams play that way nowadays- you won't find it neither with Real or Manure, nor with Milan or anybody else.

THIRD, Trappatoni wants to play in England, and no matter what Italy's performance is this summer- he will leave. Lippi wants to coach the Azurri and he will be offered that job.

FORTH, just because we have won everything with Lippi does not mean that he is the ONLY coach who may lead us somewhere. Trap also won everything and coached Juventus before, so what?

Most importantly, Lippi himself is very well aware of all the above-mentioned. Why wait for Vicente Del Bosque's destiny. If Lippi doesn't win the CL- he should quit. If he wins the CL- he should still quit, marking the club's history as one of the most succesfull managers.

Now, two most probable replacements for Lippi are Luigi Del Neri, whom I personally have a lot of respect for after what he has done with Chievo. It is time for him to try a super club. Though after Zacheronni's problems Inter might be interested in signing him.
Second and most realistic is Didier Deschamps- whose relationship with Juventus is well-known. Look at where Monaco is both in France (on top with 58 points in 27 games) AND in the Champions League!

Bottom line is: Lippi will leave not because he is bad, not because he has been unsuccessful or has made some major mistakes. He has to leave because his time is up. A football team must be heavily refreshed from time to time. For Juventus this time has come.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Good analysis Adrian but I have to disagree with you.
Bottom line is: Lippi will leave not because he is bad, not because he has been unsuccessful or has made some major mistakes. He has to leave because his time is up. A football team must be heavily refreshed from time to time. For Juventus this time has come.
I believe times not up for Lippi but if he accepts the azurri job then so be it. I am more of the school that we revamp the defense, get a decent playmaker and let Lippi loose to do serious damage. I would give anything to see Lippi in command of a sound squad.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
If Lippi goes then it's because he doesn't win. He's won a league title/CL title for every season he's been with you, except that infamous 98/99. It would be a big stain on his record to finish empty handed this year and I don't think the board would agree to limit its expectations given Lippi's remarkable history. The day Lippi walks away defeated and accepts it is the day he is Lippi no more.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
If I were Marcello Lippi, I would do anything to stay with the club. Even though I'm a fan of Italian National team, I would not take that job in expense of managing Juventus.

Certainly, changing a coach is the last thing we need to undertake. Along with at least two new defenders. one halfback and a striker I'd get a decent second goalkeeper- to keep Buffon focused.

Aug 1, 2003
Personally, what I think we should do is win the treble (or double, or maybe single- but the single MUST be a CL!) this season (even if the chances are slim), and that way Lippi has triumphed, and after Euro 04 Trappatonni resigns from his post and job offered to Lippi and he accepts

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
Bahraini dude, i shre the same opinion as you here totally :tuhmb: :thumb: , except for "its not del piero who is the soul of juve, its lippi,
and only lippi...."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)