Lippi reveals Azzurri dream (1 Viewer)

Dec 27, 2003
Obviously I was being sarcastic.

I believe Tabarez has been working as a mosquito hunter in Amazonia ever since he left the Peninsula.

Here are some other serious candidates for you : Gigi Maifredi, Orrico, Hector Cuper.

Jul 19, 2003
Cuper is a nice Idea,
how about cryuff? or an ex- juventini player who will do what is right and all for the love of the team. I was thinking maybe maldini, cuz he needs international experience to take on the azzurri. To stop discussing, how about lippi just goes to Mexico to coach Cruz-Azul and no one gets the genius, hu?

Aug 1, 2003
here's lippi's comment from www.juventus.com:

This is Lippi’s answer to the voices concerning him as the Azzurri’s next coach: “I’ve always said the National team is a dream for everyone but I’ve also always said that I will never leave Juventus. If I will, it will be because I won’t be re-confirmed. My contracts will expire in 2005 and I want to respect it. At the moment my only thought is trying to win the third Scudetto in a row, the sixth in eight years at Juventus, and to reach the fifth Champions League’s final. Any risk of having no more prods? I‘ve never lost them till today…”

:touched:

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
He's a great coach people and I'm sure that even if he does leave at the end of this season or the next we will only have fond memories of the Ice Man. Vialli would be superb as Juve coach; after Lippi, I can't mention another worthy enough for the job.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I prefer Deschamps between the two, but I would rather have Del Neri from Chievo instead of anyone else.

First choice, is I hope that Lippi stays.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Like most people (I hope) I want Lippi to stay, but when he does leave I want either Deschamps or Gigi Del Neri to take over.

Aug 1, 2003
how would del neri handle the pressure? chievo is a good team no doubt but they're not as .. pressured as Juventus to win everything every season.

i'd go for deschamps. i like del neri too but I would like to see him coach a football team in the top flight football first

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
I would love to see Lippi coaching the azzurri but in the other hand i would like to see a world class coach in juve(but whom??????)

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
I would love to see Lippi coaching the azzurri but in the other hand i would like to see a world class coach in juve(but whom??????)
I guess Lippi won't be the national coach, not right now for sure, he loves his job at juve right now

the next Azzurri coach could be Ranieri or Vialli, Ranieri has revealed his interest on coaching national team

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Ranieri...no way!
Vialli....no chance (too inexperienced for NT job)
Lippi...no interest (thats what he claims as of now)
Capello...no idea(he doesnt seem to have given it much thot)
So who then will be Italy's next coach?!?!?

Sensi? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)