Lippi is staying. (1 Viewer)

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
Lippi staying at Juve
Wednesday, 21 April 2004

From Planetfootball.com:

Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi has moved again to dismiss speculation that suggests coach Marcello Lippi is to leave the Italian champions.
This season has seen Lippi continually linked with the Italian national job, as well as a move to Chelsea, with Monaco coach Didier Deschamps earmarked for a return to the Old Lady.

However, Moggi has moved to quell these stories and reiterated the club's contentment with their current coach.

''Usually we do the things that we say,'' declared Moggi. ''Our coach is Lippi.

''Surprises are only in Easter eggs and Easter has already passed.''

The charismatic coach has a contract with Juve until 2005 and has previously stated that he intends to see out the duration of his deal.

With regards to Deschamps, Moggi admits that the rookie coach shows promise but is not ready for the challenges posed by a club of Juventus' stature.

''Didier was already a coach when he was a player,'' continued Moggi.

''He is a good coach but for important praise, let's wait until he has repeated his success.

''That is the most important thing. Give him time to grow.''

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    I think we all can conclude now that both Deschamps and Lippi are staying for their last year of their contracts. And that Deschamps probably will be the next Juve coach after Lippi. In Season 05/06.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
    I think we all can conclude now that both Deschamps and Lippi are staying for their last year of their contracts. And that Deschamps probably will be the next Juve coach after Lippi. In Season 05/06.
    That is the Best-Case Scenario! Hope this will happen!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    well, its good and bad in my opinion. at a time when we need change, i think a new coach would be a good idea. No matter how much people want to deny it, Lippi hasnt been great this season. And i think he has become mates with many players wwho maybe shouldnt be there next season and if he stays, they may remain.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by wong ka yan ] ++
    :mute: is it really a good news???
    I personally think that Lippi needs to stay with Juve at least for one more year.

Having 8 starting players injured and still managing to finish Seria A in top 3- it is in a way an acheivement. I am sure if Milan had half the number of key players injured they wouldn't been where they are now. Also, look at Inter!

Next year we should come back stronger than ever, with new fresh blood and Lippi managing us again!

OP

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    Im too isnt so very happy about Lippi anymore, but i think it is the right thing of Juve to let him stay until the contract expires.
    Its also very true what Moggi says about Deschamps:

''He is a good coach but for important praise, let's wait until he has repeated his success."

''That is the most important thing. Give him time to grow.''

Anyway, im looking forward to Deschamps in 05/06 i hope.

bahraini

May 20, 2003
    yeah
    its a very good news
    lets give him the chance so he can make his dream become true
    and kick other teams a**
    :D:fero:
    come on lippi
    we believe in u
    :cool:

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    well, its good and bad in my opinion. at a time when we need change, i think a new coach would be a good idea. No matter how much people want to deny it, Lippi hasnt been great this season. And i think he has become mates with many players wwho maybe shouldnt be there next season and if he stays, they may remain.
    I agree with this :(

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    I would like capello to come if possible ,read this:

Much has been said of current AS Roma boss Fabio Capello's future in recent weeks. Where will he go next? Chelsea? Manchester United? The Italian National Team?

For Capello, this season has been about proving himself as the master tactician that he is - once again. After a dismal 8th place finish with Roma last season, many believed he would move onto greener pastures – especially after the capital clubs outspoken and often volcanic president Franco Sensi slammed his performance and reputation stating, "If he wanted to stay next year I would rather give him 6 million euros and sack him."

However Sensi later backed down on his statements and allowed Capello to stay on in his post as Roma boss until the end of his contract – which expires at the end of the 2005 season.

This season, Capello has transformed his Roma team into a genuine title threat. Currently placed second on the Serie A table, Roma have the best defence and best attack in the entire league and have played some of the most attractive football in Europe this term. As well as this, Capello has also been attributed directly to the growth of such players as Antonio Cassano, Jonathan Zebina and Alessandro Mancini – the latter of whom was a Serie B benchwarmer last season and is now one of the best wingers in Serie A.

Of course, Capello is no stranger to such success. The Italian has won a title at every club he has managed – Real Madrid, AC Milan and of course AS Roma. He is currently one of the most respected managers in world football and has worked with some of the best players of this past decade including Marco Van Basten, Paolo Maldini, Franco Baresi, Ruud Guilit, Frank Rijkaard and more recently Francesco Totti.

It is no coincidence to see that the players mentioned above are nearly all from the successful AC Milan team of the late 80's and early 90's – which many regard as one of the greatest teams in the history of football. It was here that Capello won four league titles in five years as well as four Italian Super Cup's and a single European Super Cup.

But back to the present. Will Capello stay at Roma for one last hurrah? Or will he move on and try his hand in the English Premier League – something which he admits has attracted him.

At this stage, it is likely that Capello will still be at Roma next season – more so if they manage to finish 2nd this season. The Champions League is a competition that Capello would love to win again, especially at the capital club – whose record in European competitions is quite poor. With Roma in good stead for a realistic shot at the Champions League title – at least by going off this years form – Capello will no doubt be making success in Europe his number one goal for next season.

However football is far from certain these days and with Roma's seemingly large-scale debts and financial problems, Capello would not do himself any harm by looking elsewhere for a job next season. If this were to be the case, then there would certainly be no shortage of candidates for his services, with the likes of Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester United all linked with the tactician in the past.

Capello has openly admitted to being attracted by the prospect of managing a team in the Premier League, which makes Chelsea favorites for his signature should he be available. Although the pressure of managing a club with a billionaire owner who likes splashing out on players left right and centre could be a turnoff to some, there is no doubt that Capello would be unfazed by the situation. Silvio Berlusconi and Franco Sensi are two of the most demanding presidents in the world of football and both have been directly associated with the tactician at AC Milan and AS Roma respectively.

Manchester United is also another club that could be interested in Capello. Sir Alex Ferguson has had a disappointing season at Old Trafford, with the FA Cup their only chance of silverware for this season and tension has been high in recent months.

A return to Real Madrid could also be on the cards for Capello. Carlos Queroz's side have also had a poor season, after being knocked out of the Champions League and Spanish Cup and losing 1st spot in La Liga to Valencia just last week. Jorge Valdano is a harsh critic and with the possibility of Madrid being trophy-less, contacting Capello would not be out of the question.

The final option for Capello would be to try his hand with his country as national team coach. With Giovanni Trapattoni set to end his reign as manger of the Azzurri directly after this year's European Championships in Portugal, Capello would be a likely target of Franco Carraro and the FIGC – the Italian Federation. Although he has admitted recently that he wasn't interested in the job, Capello would no doubt consider it thoughtfully should he ever be offered the post. The opportunity of winning a world cup would surely be the last thing Capello would have to prove to the football world that he is indeed one of the best managers in the history of the sport.

As the season comes to a close and the football world braces itself for EURO 2004, Capello will be thinking about his future in the next few months. Much will depend on how Italy perform at the European Championships – of which Capello will be keeping a close eye on - as well as Roma's current financial situation.

Whatever happens, most will be thinking about what Capello does next, which could possibly be his last job as a manager. Only time will tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)