Lippi, a case for the prosecution and defence (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2003
well imo i think if there was a chnace for deschamps then he would arrive in the next to season..
but evryone belives he would becuase of lippi going to the azzurri and how deschamps is intrestred and said it would be an honor for him..
i think thats why everyone knows if moggi give him the offer he wouldnt let it down

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
Juve said that Deschamps will not be arriving...
Yeah, and? Juve and Moggi in particular have said so many things and made so many promises that haven't been kept. Whatever you do, don't trust Moggi.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Very probable moggi will stay, lippi will stay and 90% of the players will stay. If you mainly dont like them, or the way the manage and play, you can begin to serch for another team to support. That simple

gray

Apr 22, 2003
So just because we want Lippi gone and 50% of the players to go, we should support another team if it doesn't happen? Gimme a break

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Depends how we play. If we get through the CL on penalties and lose 4-0 to Roma and scrape 1-0 wins over weak teams, I'll still be of the same opinion. Especially if Lippi keeps making poor decisions

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
what you would say if we win the scudwetto and make the semifinals of CL with these same team(only minor changes) the next season ?
That's a catch-22 unfortunately. You don't want a scenario where you let a coach who has outlived his effectiveness, and several players, linger for an entire season hoping they'll just find a way to turn it around.

Thus, answering that question would be complete hindsight...

bahraini

May 20, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
I don't know. He's lost his touch yes but it's been his first real season of bad management, no? :undecide: Maybe he'd change things next year.....

...... I hope
well, i think same as u
he lost it this year, but this doesn't mean he is bad
and its over with him,
i believe with next year and some changes everything will be ok..

by the way, dont you think that some how the players
have some how fed up and feel full of success?

spcially after last season, cuz what i can see that there is no
fighting spirit as we used to see last year..
remember against barca , that was one of a hell a game and fight
that no one can forget, then they kicked madrid a** , and dominated the whole match and was great preformance...

even in the final we fought so bravely, but we were not at our best moments. for example see how buffon was catching the balls , and was really super man, and when he recieve a goal he gets very angry..
no we hardly see him catch a ball, and if he recieve a goal all what he does is noding his head..

same with montero, thuram , camo , even nedved..

the only two i still feel they have it, zambo , and ferrara..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by bahraini ] ++
spcially after last season, cuz what i can see that there is no
fighting spirit as we used to see last year..
remember against barca , that was one of a hell a game and fight
that no one can forget, then they kicked madrid a** , and dominated the whole match and was great preformance...
I don't exactly agree with that. We showed fighting spirit and came back after going behind or losing the lead against Chievo, Bologna, Milan, Udinese, Lecce (away), Sampdoria, Empoli, Brescia, Parma, even yesterday against Lecce. That's not too bad. I don't think we've lost our spirit, but we're just playing shite.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Should he stay or should he go

A case for the defence

Your honour, Lippi has won 5 scudettos, 1 intercontinental cup, 1 super cup, 1 coppa italia and 1 cl
He has also taken Juventus to 4 finals of the cl and at one time they were the best in the world with thier power football and entertaining style in the late 90s
He made superstars of Del Piero, Montero, Vieri and Zidane and when he came back to Juve he disproved the unwritten law of never coming back to your old club by winning back to back scudettos and taking Juve to the final of Cl only to lose on penalties. Even this season that ppl are moaning about we are in final of coppa italia, are third in the league and could be second at the end of the campaign and mathematically can still win it

A Case for the prosecution

Your honour, yes my colleague has presented a compelling case as we cannot argue with that amount of success but if we look closely into those successes , you would find out that he was helped in no small part in first season by Milan going through a transition and Juve capitalised

Yes we got to 4 cl finals but we lost 3 of them , the first loss to Dortmund was achieved thru some baffling decisions which he is now noted for by starting with Vieri and Boksic in a formation he had not played with in such a long time as the usual front 2 were Vieri and Amoruso, then he took off a defender and brought on Dp and we completely lost our shape
The second final loss against Real , we played well for 20 minutes and that was it, the subs did nothing to improve the side

The third loss , he brought on Zalayeta for an injured Davids to play in the midfield and with Milan playing with 10 men, he refused to push Zambrotta forward to attack Roque Junior hoping to win on penalties

His brand of football since he came back has been appalling with only individual brilliance masking deep flaws in our game

We won the scudetto in his comeback only because his former club handed it to us

Last season , Milan kind of imploded and thats how we ran away with it but they managed to win both coppa italia and the Cl

We have blamed injuries and bad luck , this season but injuries and good luck helped us last season especially in the Cl where Barcelona should have been awarded to clear cut pens and against Real Madrid, Raul and Ronaldo were nowhere near fit, Figo Missed a penalty and Makele was missing

Our performance against the big sides have been shocking and his decisioins have been baffling

Who can forget playing Leggrotaglie in the midfield against Depor? The side he brought out against Roma and Inter?

And whats with all the injuries within his squad , most of it being muscular injuries

But perhaps, your honour, the most damning is his inability to cope with personalities and thereby Juve losing world class players like Baggio, Vieri, Davids, Deschamps and lesser lights like Torricelli

You the jury can decide
The prosecution could add that Lippi hasn't really managed to get the best out of players or make them better. We have some promising young players, the man simply does not seem to know how to deal with them, what to do. He failed to revive Tacchinardi, he hasn't brought out the best in Di Vaio despite the man's potential and he failed to actually create a team.

The last point has lead to numerous conflicts, involving Davids who left and it resulted into a loose collection of players rather than a solid team. Alas, that is the impression I get when I get to watch Juve.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

The prosecution could add that Lippi hasn't really managed to get the best out of players or make them better. We have some promising young players, the man simply does not seem to know how to deal with them, what to do. He failed to revive Tacchinardi, he hasn't brought out the best in Di Vaio despite the man's potential and he failed to actually create a team.

The last point has lead to numerous conflicts, involving Davids who left and it resulted into a loose collection of players rather than a solid team. Alas, that is the impression I get when I get to watch Juve.
Im respect you opinion, but disagree ( without absolving Lippi for his many mistakes)

he hasnt failed to revive Tacchi, alessio himself has failed to respond to the standards he used to have. Of, course, life was easier with didier or edgar at one side, but now is appiah, a young middfielder that need time to catch with the role. Alessio hasnt fit the shoes the former two players inheritate him.

Marco Divaio has plenty of chances to show his potential this season, and have failed to do so. look how many appearences this year in serie A .he scores, but he is highly irregular. Dont think this is lippi fault.

we need to give to the players a good sheer in this season fiasco...

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

I don't exactly agree with that. We showed fighting spirit and came back after going behind or losing the lead against Chievo, Bologna, Milan, Udinese, Lecce (away), Sampdoria, Empoli, Brescia, Parma, even yesterday against Lecce. That's not too bad. I don't think we've lost our spirit, but we're just playing shite.
On the contrary, I think we are playing like shit AND we've lost our spirit. That's why I'm very much angry with the team - playing like shit is one thing, but playing like zombies is another.

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

I don't know exactly about 'bringing out the best in Tacchinardi'.. he's always been an average player and always will IMO

Di Vaio is not Lippi's problem. Well actually it IS in a way, such fact that when DP is injured DV comes on, plays really cool and when DP comes back DV is benched again, there is favouritism there. But this season Lippi already stated that he won't do that and he didn't, DP didn't play straightaway in fact DV stayed on to play... DV's biggest problem is himself and his self esteem in my opinion

Well, I don't know bout Davids' situation. Josh explained to me twice but I still forgot :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)