Lionel Messi (11 Viewers)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Farca is broke, he wanted to leave since last year. PSG is buying everyone, fanboys being fanboys.... don't see anything new so why people is salty about it?

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
It was published that he couldn't play for Barcelona for free even if he wanted to, because La Liga regulations state that every new contract has to be at least 50% salary of the previous one, and this is specifically done to prevent any circumvention of the rules - that's why he reduced his salary by half, because this is the minimum he has to get in accordance with the rules.

And anybody saying that you could perhaps get around this - perhaps, but that is against the rules and leaves you open for potential sanctions.
Somehow i dont believe this 50 %, it could be applicable when there is an extention, but in Messis case the contract ended month ago, how the hell can league say he cant sign for less than 50 % of the old one then? Thats total bullshit for me.
Also if Barca were so desperate to keep, why they kept signing players who like Aguero, Depay and also tried Wijnaldum.
Aguero definitely gets 10 m + net and Depay probably gets around 5-6m. They knew they had problems with current wages, yet they got new players on fat contracts and cried they couldnt register Messi - something is wrong for me here. Wouldnt be suprised that it was all media drama to not show Messi as a money whore and defend club interest, but in the end they knew from the start that he wont renew.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Somehow i dont believe this 50 %, it could be applicable when there is an extention, but in Messis case the contract ended month ago, how the hell can league say he cant sign for less than 50 % of the old one then? Thats total bullshit for me.
Also if Barca were so desperate to keep, why they kept signing players who like Aguero, Depay and also tried Wijnaldum.
Aguero definitely gets 10 m + net and Depay probably gets around 5-6m. They knew they had problems with current wages, yet they got new players on fat contracts and cried they couldnt register Messi - something is wrong for me here. Wouldnt be suprised that it was all media drama to not show Messi as a money whore and defend club interest, but in the end they knew from the start that he wont renew.
Yeah, very well said. He is a new signing basically, the old salary does not matter. He can sign for whatever amount he wants.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's still 11 v 11, but tbh I thought these days had gone after the rules were tightened up after Chelsea, and Man City to a lesser extent. Chelsea wanted signings like this but money couldn't buy the very top players back then. PSG have shown that when things take a turn for the worse it will always be the richest who benefit. Everything has worked out perfectly for them as money is no issue after the relaxing of FFP to aid other struggling clubs.

Football has always been dominated by the wealthiest teams but the kind of team they have been allowed to put together looks like something an 11 year old creates on a football sim with a cheat code. I'd like to see how that cretin Ceferin tries to justify this, but he's probably rolling in the oil money himself, and when he is ousted the damage is already done and it will be some other puppet in charge.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)