Lionel Messi (100 Viewers)

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Yes, I really don't.

Just like how I didn't see Ronaldo making JJ a better or stronger team. :snoop:
Big difference is Ronaldo joined a ageing side that had lost some of best players already, PSG havent lost anyone and just signed Messi on top of ramos, Hakimi, and dona. I mean hakimi and Dona are fantastic gets alone so they havent just got messi and no one else.

They have 3 of top 5 balon dors guys upfront aswell.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yes, I really don't.

Just like how I didn't see Ronaldo making JJ a better or stronger team. :snoop:
Haha touche.

Though in both cases i think its perfectly reasonable to expect them to improve the teams they go to. I think one difference in hindsight is maybe Ronaldo did not go to Juve at the right time. His individual output is not to blame at all for Juve being weaker, but the players around him are not as good as players Juve had prior to 2018.

PSG on the other hand, most of their important players are in or around their prime, and in addition to Messi they really added a lot of quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna be interesting to see how they do with all the lazy divas upfront.
I dont know man. I see them winning CL in the next 2-3 seasons for sure.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
It's still 11 v 11, but tbh I thought these days had gone after the rules were tightened up after Chelsea, and Man City to a lesser extent. Chelsea wanted signings like this but money couldn't buy the very top players back then. PSG have shown that when things take a turn for the worse it will always be the richest who benefit. Everything has worked out perfectly for them as money is no issue after the relaxing of FFP to aid other struggling clubs.

Football has always been dominated by the wealthiest teams but the kind of team they have been allowed to put together looks like something some 11 year old creates on a football SIM with a cheat code. I'd like to see how that cretin Ceferin tries to justify this, but he's probably rolling in the oil money himself, and when he is ousted the damage is already done and it will be some other puppet in charge.
This is definitely a team I'd put together on FIFA career mode with the "financial takeover" option at the beginning.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
If I could bet against PSG winning it I would. Idk, I can see just see a few things working against them:

Too many egos, tactical imbalance, Pochettino, playing in Ligue 1, being French, being PSG. Maybe wishful thinking, but to me throwing together a bunch of the best players doesn't automatically translate into the best team.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Pochettino?

Guy's been a highly successful manager! How does that work against them? Unless your point is, he hasn;t coached a big team expected to win trophies before. But even then, he's proven to be highly successful in the jobs he had, and that's all he can really do.

I can see the others possibly becoming factors. But the thing is, if they do click, then it's hard to see them not having a real go at the CL.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Pochettino?

Guy's been a highly successful manager! How does that work against them? Unless your point is, he hasn;t coached a big team expected to win trophies before. But even then, he's proven to be highly successful in the jobs he had, and that's all he can really do.

I can see the others possibly becoming factors. But the thing is, if they do click, then it's hard to see them not having a real go at the CL.
Just saying he ain't Mourinho, he could be a factor. Too early to start thinking about them winning consecutive CLs.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Pochettino?

Didn't he fail to win the league with PSG? Idk how you can top that.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
1. Weak competition in French league then playing heavyweights in CL has always been a problem for PSG
2. PSG don't play tiki taka so the system will be different plus M'Bappe and Neymar are integral, accommodating them will be hard
3. The front three don't track back, balance will be a problem in the team
4. When FFP does kick in, they'll have to sell a bunch of players so we can finally get Icardi
5. Ramos will injure Messi in training, many times

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I'd favor the prem teams over PSG for the CL.

Too much top heavy with jabroni's in defense. This is a galactico team but I'm not sure this is a CL winning team yet.

That said, I do hope they fail massively.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That team will crush Pochettino. :lol:

I ain't saying he will go full-on Ray Domenech.and Anelka Icardi. But it's more than he can handle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)