Lionel Messi wins Fifa World Player of the Year award (6 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I think what Ian is saying is that the current Barcelona team could beat any team in history, as in they're better than Real of 50s and the Galacticos era, better than Sacchi's Milan, Lippi and Platini's Juve, and Ferguson's MU, so on - and he might be right.

If we look at football cycle wise, then this cycle (the Laporta era) might very well be the most successful in club football history.

Haters may rant all they want, but no one has ever played like they do.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
They dominated in an era that wasn't even professional and half of Europe didn't have proper teams anyways. So their domination is worthless in this day and age.

Barca are dominating in an era where teams are spending millions and are HIGHLY competitive.

Can't compare.
Yes,very well true but i'll quote you again.You based their tag of best club team ever on trophies won,irrelevant of which era it was.

Are you one of those that don't admit their wrong?

Even in their greatest days, Madrid, and I believe no other team, has comprehensively won as many trophies as Barca has in the last couple of seasons.

Complete domination.
What am i missing here? Did i not back my argument up with facts? You should have said Barca is currently the best club team not ever,because none of us now what will happen in the future.As times change the rules of the game will surely evolve,players will become faster & rules will be changed to attract for viewers.

There will be a team that will break Real Madrids feat,that's for sure.Records are made to be broken so how can anyone say they are the best club team ever?

Jul 12, 2002
Yes,very well true but i'll quote you again.You based their tag of best club team ever on trophies won,irrelevant of which era it was.

Are you one of those that don't admit their wrong?

What am i missing here? Did i not back my argument up with facts? You should have said Barca is currently the best club team not ever,because none of us now what will happen in the future.As times change the rules of the game will surely evolve,players will become faster & rules will be changed to attract for viewers.

There will be a team that will break Real Madrids feat,that's for sure.Records are made to be broken so how can anyone say they are the best club team ever?
The word ever implies: "until the current moment", so your future teams argument is just ridiculous.

All I was saying in the first place is that the team from the start of La Liga in 2008 to the nineteenth of december 2009 when they won the club world cup, barcelona have been the best club team of all time because they have won more trophies over a single season than anyone else and furthermore they won every competition they entered. What other team can say that?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
The word ever implies: "until the current moment", so your future teams argument is just ridiculous.

All I was saying in the first place is that the team from the start of La Liga in 2008 to the nineteenth of december 2009 when they won the club world cup, barcelona have been the best club team of all time because they have won more trophies over a single season than anyone else and furthermore they won every competition they entered. What other team can say that?
Really? Thanks for the english lesson.

What does all time implie? Tell me? I never denied that Barca were unstoppable or amazing in their successful run but which ever way you put it,your implying that Barca is the greatest club team since the inception of soccer.What the team has achieved is nothing short of excellent & your right no other team can say that except Stomachi Grassi F.C. or Real Italeins F.C.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Is any other club "more than a club" other than Barca? No. Hence this Barca team is the best team of all time.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

What does all time implie? Tell me? I never denied that Barca were unstoppable or amazing in their successful run but which ever way you put it,your implying that Barca is the greatest club team since the inception of soccer.What the team has achieved is nothing short of excellent & your right no other team can say that except Stomachi Grassi F.C. or Real Italeins F.C.
It seems that someone is simply a Barca hater and Real lover.

I hate Real and Barca evenly but I still admit that the current Barca team are probably the best football side ever assembled.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
It seems that someone is simply a Barca hater and Real lover.

I hate Real and Barca evenly but I still admit that the current Barca team are probably the best football side ever assembled.
Actuallly no,you're not too bright so you're feeding off his bs.I never said this Barca team isn't the best in europe at the moment.It's simply a matter of trophies won,the world remembers the trophies won,not how beautiful the style of play was.How old are you? Have you seen all the soccer legends? It's the best team assembled within your time frame.

engireman

May 26, 2009
Xavi is very underrated now. Messi much benefited from Xavi superb performance. If not agreed, see recent Argentian national team performances with Messi.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Xavi is very underrated now. Messi much benefited from Xavi superb performance. If not agreed, see recent Argentian national team performances with Messi.
in all fairness you cannot point to the argentine NT for anything other than proof that Diego is still on drugs

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
To call this Barcelona team the best in all time is a bit of a stretch now, isn't it?

Barcelona won all trophies possible last season and that makes their season one of the best ever in European football, but for the team to be regarded as a truly legendary team that is alongside the best teams that ever played football they have to win trophies consistently. They have to prove that they are consistent over a number of years to be truly great.

That being said, i do not put it past them to continue winning trophies in the coming years and thus proving themselves to be one of the best. But until they do that, you still cannot put them up there with the very best in history.

in all fairness you cannot point to the argentine NT for anything other than proof that Diego is still on drugs
:agree:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
To call this Barcelona team the best in all time is a bit of a stretch now, isn't it?

Barcelona won all trophies possible last season and that makes their season one of the best ever in European football, but for the team to be regarded as a truly legendary team that is alongside the best teams that ever played football they have to win trophies consistently. They have to prove that they are consistent over a number of years to be truly great.

That being said, i do not put it past them to continue winning trophies in the coming years and thus proving themselves to be one of the best. But until they do that, you still cannot put them up there with the very best in history.

:agree:
never a truer word said

EDIT-Juve's great success of Cup winners cup,European cup,UEFA Super cup,Intercontinental cup,Coppa Italia and 4 Serie A titles between 1980-85 is a much more prolonged success

Jul 12, 2002
You're welcome, that one's on the house.

So what's wrong with calling them the best club team ever? Perhaps "most accomplished club team, over the course of one season, in the modern era" soothes your semantic ire?

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Personally, I'm of the mind that Xavi and Messi were equally integral in the greatest club team of all time, so it's hard to pick between them. that being said, yes Xavi is the better player to build a team around, but Messi has more star appeal based on his electrifying play, so when it comes to awards, that makes a difference, right or wrong.

P.S. what's the difference between fake fans and real fans? Do you mean fake fans that support barca to make other people like them and real fans who support the club because they actually like the team and the organization?
Fake fans= Glory hunters

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Fred said it. The greatest sides in history win competitions consistently. If Barca wants to be mentioned with the likes of the late 1980's, early 1990's Milan, the 70's Ajax, the 70's Bayern Munich, et cetera, then they will need to do quite a lot more.

They might, but nothing is set in stone. If all the fans and individuals in their organization have the moronic arrogance of Ian, I bet they won't come close.

Jul 12, 2002
Fake fans= Glory hunters
Ah, so fake fans are all fans who hunger for glory? Like yourself?

Fred said it. The greatest sides in history win competitions consistently. If Barca wants to be mentioned with the likes of the late 1980's, early 1990's Milan, the 70's Ajax, the 70's Bayern Munich, et cetera, then they will need to do quite a lot more.
I think Barcelona have already written themselves into the history books by having the most successful season ever. None of those teams you mention won all the competitions they entered in a single season. Sure, if Barca won three more Liga's two more European Cups and a Kings cup in the next five years, they would certainly be the best team of all time, without question, but I think their current achievement puts them up there already.

They might, but nothing is set in stone. If all the fans and individuals in their organization have the moronic arrogance of Ian, I bet they won't come close.
You have no ability to discourse without attacking people, do you? Furthermore, I think Manchester United's run of continuous winning shows that teams can be extremely successful regardless of the arrogance of their fans...

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Hahahha, this thread is getting more and more ridicoulus :lol:

Barca best team ever :lol:

They got to the final of CL thanks to a refferee, and they hardly beat Estudiantes in ET, and niw we gonna label them as a bets team ever?

Maybe like someone said before if they win CL and La Liga this season than this Barca's generation will become one of the greatest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)