Libya 2011 Demonstrations (4 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
@reb, sorry i didnt see your post earlier, but in all cases i only stayed in amman for two hours :)

@aaron, as soon as i'm back i'll tell ypu guys all about it

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It always feels good to be home. But this time it feels ten times better than any other trip home for obvious reasons. The general mood is that of optimism, people seem happier than ever before, the future looks bright :tup:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Oh btw, I was reading an interview with Vittorio De Sica published in New York Times in 1972, I just thought it's good to post this bit here:

"Naturally, I did not agree with Mussolini’s policies, but I was saddened when I saw what the people had done to him. I was deeply disturbed that the Italian people had been brought to the point where they were capable of such a deed. There should be dignity in death, and to see that man hanging there in the square, his feet up and his head down…that was truly an ugly thing."

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i always use that example in my defense of libyans, its a weak argument i know, but at least we didn't do anything to gedaffi after he died ala the italians with mussolini, we buried him a proper islamic burial and allowed his cousins to attend and pray on him, as for what was done to him when he was captured, it is too idealistic to expect any less imo.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Saif il Islam Gedaffi the son of Muammer Gedaffi has been caught and arrested today in the south of Libya, by rebels from the city of Shati and the city of Zintan. He was captured and taken on a plane to the city of Zintan where he is currently imprisoned.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Saif il Islam Gedaffi the son of Muammer Gedaffi has been caught and arrested today in the south of Libya, by rebels from the city of Shati and the city of Zintan. He was captured and taken on a plane to the city of Zintan where he is currently imprisoned.
Did you have something to do with this?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'm from the city that he was caught in, and i was there 4 days ago and i know a lot of guys from the battalion that caught him, but i assure you i have nothing at all to do with it :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Abdullah Senussi, head of Libyan intelligence under Gedaffi was captured today in the city of Shati. This is Gedaffi's right hand man, the man that executes Gedaffi's crimes ala Abu Slim massacre, the suppression of the Benghazi protests, the assassination of several Libyan opposition figures over the past 40 years. For me, this is bigger than the capture of Saif. Finally we got all the criminals, now we can focus completely on rebuilding the country.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
One after the other they fall like dominoes.

Heres a video of Saif talking. He says he lost his finger due to a raid by what he called the crusaders and infidels (He's referring to NATO). He looks in good health and reports say that he was treated very well by the rebels. Completely different to what his father faced :D

That being said, they had to take a lot of precautions and it wasn't easy stopping the angry crowds that waited for him in Zintan wanting to take matters into their own hands. He's now being held in a secret place so that he won't get the same fate as his father.

I think its time for us to start the transition to being a democratic country, he should be treated well and he should be given a fair trial now. I just hope they don't give him over to the International Criminal Court.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Abdullah Senussi, head of Libyan intelligence under Gedaffi was captured today in the city of Shati. This is Gedaffi's right hand man, the man that executes Gedaffi's crimes ala Abu Slim massacre, the suppression of the Benghazi protests, the assassination of several Libyan opposition figures over the past 40 years. For me, this is bigger than the capture of Saif. Finally we got all the criminals, now we can focus completely on rebuilding the country.
That whore is still missing. I want her captured ASAP.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yes that is true. If she is in Libya she will definitely be caught as well. If not, then she'll probably get away with all she did. But the big criminals are now all in the bag, now all that is left are small timers ala Huda Ben Amer, Musa Ibrahim and a few others.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Sanussi's captured is still not confirmed though. Many conflicting reports no?

Sent from my Atrix 4g using Tapatalk

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The rebels are confirming it, but they still haven't shown any pictures. There are some reports that his whereabouts are being kept secret because his tribe, the Megarha one of the biggest tribes in the South want to get him back because the rebels entered Gira(village populated by Megarha) without their consent. So there are complications there, but i think they did capture him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)