Libya 2011 Demonstrations (1 Viewer)

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
The way Ghadaffi was killed was inhumane. He made many vile acts, but he should have been treated differently. An eye for an eye just doesn't work. Anyway Libya lost a lot of points by this stunt in the developed world, the way to get some of the reputation back would be to court marshal the people who killed him. And I think there will be more hatred in Libya because of his execution, Ghadaffi had supporters and they still live among the Libyan people. The resentment will stay.

Also don't like the way Islamic parties are winning in the countries with successful revolutions, just doesn't seem right from my point of view. Anyway just my two cents on the Islamic world this last couple of weeks.

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
The way Ghadaffi was killed was inhumane. He made many vile acts, but he should have been treated differently. An eye for an eye just doesn't work. Anyway Libya lost a lot of points by this stunt in the developed world, the way to get some of the reputation back would be to court marshal the people who killed him. And I think there will be more hatred in Libya because of his execution, Ghadaffi had supporters and they still live among the Libyan people. The resentment will stay.

Also don't like the way Islamic parties are winning in the countries with successful revolutions, just doesn't seem right from my point of view. Anyway just my two cents on the Islamic world this last couple of weeks.
If they had treated him differently, their revolution would have taken up a whole new dimension but don't forget that it was an eye for many eyes ;) It's hard to expect people to act differently at such circumstances. Now, IMO, it's up to Libyan influential and reputed individuals to take control of people's emotions in a good way to build a better Libya.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
If they had treated him differently, their revolution would have taken up a whole new dimension but don't forget that it was an eye for many eyes ;) It's hard to expect people to act differently at such circumstances. Now, IMO, it's up to Libyan influential and reputed individuals to take control of people's emotions in a good way to build a better Libya.
100%. They already caught so many high ranking officials, and they have been treating them well, but with Gedaffi, the emotions were just too much to control. You cannot tell someone whose had his family killed, tortured and raped because of Gedaffi to control his emotions, he is human afterall.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
According to Al Arabiya the men responsible for the death of Muammer Gedaffi will be taken to trial. I seriously hope its either not true or just a show for the international community.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ya thats true. NATO planes, doesn't matter which country, they bombed his convoy, but he escaped along with some close accomplices, but then they met Misrata rebels, at which point Gedaffi had to run on foot, at that point the rebels did not know that Gedaffi was in the convoy, NATO was adamant that Gedaffi was south in the desert somewhere, they only knew Gedaffi was part of the convoy when they cornered Gedaffi and a bunch of his accomplices and bodyguards in the sewers, some of his bodyguards surrendered and told the rebels that Gedaffi was in the sewers they cornered, at that point the rebels went crazy, and the rest is history of course :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm just winding you up mate, it's good that Libyans got him and brought him to justice. Justice for him was death either way, I don't care about him having comedy show court appearances like Saddam did, or watching him get executed. It was more poetic that the people killed him.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'm just winding you up mate, it's good that Libyans got him and brought him to justice. Justice for him was death either way, I don't care about him having comedy show court appearances like Saddam did, or watching him get executed. It was more poetic that the people killed him.
Agree completely. Lets not forget that there are some crazy arse loyalists(These people always exist for dictators such as Gedaffi, Mao, Hitler) that literally worship the guy, him being alive, imprisoned somewhere in Libya would have meant no peace anytime soon, the guy doesn't deserve another drop of Libyan blood, 45 thousand lives are enough. Him getting killed was better for the greater good of the country.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't know. Last I heard we used one to take out a bunch of Taliban heads.
Yeah it was just something I read on the BBC I think, because you've spent millions adapting an Ethiopian airbase to use them, and Al-Shabaab had tracked it for some days. I assumed they would be pretty hard to get down.

Anyway, that'll probably be high on the list of places for your boys (and ours) to get deployed to next.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah it was just something I read on the BBC I think, because you've spent millions adapting an Ethiopian airbase to use them, and Al-Shabaab had tracked it for some days. I assumed they would be pretty hard to get down.

Anyway, that'll probably be high on the list of places for your boys (and ours) to get deployed to next.
Djibouti too.

I read an article about the drone, they ambushed him with a anti aircraft barrage and then dismembered him in a "secret location". Poor fellow. RIP.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I think most drones fly pretty high up, but the "spy" drones fly lower depending on their targets. So it isn't surprising on was shot down. I read somewhere once that 40% or so of drones end up crashing or going out of commission.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)