Libya 2011 Demonstrations (1 Viewer)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
as for the burial debate, it says more about those burying him than the one being buried. Civilized humans feed, protect, hospitalize, and bury prisoners regardless of their trespass.
Feeding, protecting and hospitalizing, you know that giving such things to prisoners when they are still alive is different than giving them proper burials when they are dead. It's not even comparable, not much of a fuss especially when the guy is Gaddafi or Bin Laden.

Gaddafi gets killed like that (now that's what I don't wanna see to happen even to the most brutal criminals) but suddenly it's inhumane to not give him a proper burial?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Just bury the idiot in an unmarked grave.

As for the execution controversy...who cares. The fucker did far worse and got the easy way out imo. If he had been put to trial everyone would have to put up with him insulting the 'rats' and more of his nonsense rumblings.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Feeding, protecting and hospitalizing, you know that giving such things to prisoners when they are still alive is different than giving them proper burials when they are dead. It's not even comparable, not much of a fuss especially when the guy is Gaddafi or Bin Laden.

Gaddafi gets killed like that (now that's what I don't wanna see to happen even to the most brutal criminals) but suddenly it's inhumane to not give him a proper burial?
To each his own, no? I am sure some people would prefer the burial if they strongly believes in life after death.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I thought Western values are not into the revenge that much

Funny that everyone wants a piece of this victory :D

But why do you sound bitter and sarcastic there Abed?

And Melo, if you believe in the life after death you surely believe that you will be brought back to life no matter how you had been buried after your death.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

you ignored the 'protect' piece in my post. His killing is obviously inhumane but so is not burying him according to his beliefs and once again it doesnt matter who it is hitler, mother theresa or joe blow, it's a right afforded to every prisoner.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,091

:D Bitter? at all. But I saw the title on the newspaper and remembered those who were blaming us after somebody bombs himself in a group of soldiers who killed his family. I just noted some contradiction there...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    After this mess cooled down, I'm very happy for the libyan people to get rid of this tyran and his regime and hope better days will come. But i'm sorry for the way Khadaffi was treated and his sons, that's inhumanity is the reason those people "rebels" are revolting in the first place, to treat a man like that are neither human nor something in our religion ( they were chanting " Allah Akbar). I would've prefered if he and all his compagnons were captured and given a trial so that everybody can hear them and that would be very benificial fot the libyan people not to do the same mistakes.
    But i can't say i don't understand those people reaction after 42 years of tyranie, you can imagine.
    All due respect, but the last part of your sentence is the truest part. You probably don't understand what these people have been through. If we want to talk about right or wrong, or about principles then ya its always wrong to kill a prisoner. But these are human beings that caught him, human beings with emotions, human beings that went through too much to be able to control themselves in front of this monster that made us all suffer so much in these past 42 years. Had you been in their place you'd have done the same thing.

What's wrong with throwing him in the sea though? Honest question :D
    He's dead now, when he was alive i wanted him to go through everything we did. But now that he's dead, there is no use of disrespecting his body, give him a burial in an unknown place.

@Preet as much as i love how you're talking about him, and as much as it pains me to disagree with you after all you said about him:)D) i think he should be buried, but in an unknown place. He's dead now, no use being disrespectful to him. While he was alive i wouldn't feel sorry to him no matter what happened to him, and i didn't feel a quarter of the pain and loss that the Misratans who caught him felt during the past months.

I'd say he is a muslim. I can't judge him otherwise.

And a propal burial :tup:
    So many clerics would disagree. Not because of the things he did, but because of the things he said in public about religion.

Just bury the idiot in an unmarked grave.

As for the execution controversy...who cares. The fucker did far worse and got the easy way out imo. If he had been put to trial everyone would have to put up with him insulting the 'rats' and more of his nonsense rumblings.
    Completely agree.

So, he was hiding here

Irony at its finest.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    you ignored the 'protect' piece in my post. His killing is obviously inhumane but so is not burying him according to his beliefs and once again it doesnt matter who it is hitler, mother theresa or joe blow, it's a right afforded to every prisoner.
    I didn't ignore the protect bit :p I find it ridiculous to kill someone like that but then care much to bury him in the proper way. That sounds to me a bit too hypocritical.

I'm not humane when I kill, I am when I bury. That's why I asked Fred why it is any important to give Gaddafi a proper burial.

:D Bitter? at all. But I saw the title on the newspaper and remembered those who were blaming us after somebody bombs himself in a group of soldiers who killed his family. I just noted some contradiction there...
    I will always blame anyone who kills himself to get a revenge, even if I understand him.

I will also always blame anyone who bombs himself to get a revenge by killing civilians and I can't even understand that.

You are mixing things up I'm afraid even though I personally hate such headlines and pictures on the papers.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

And Melo, if you believe in the life after death you surely believe that you will be brought back to life no matter how you had been buried after your death.
    Even your government, his former ally congratulated us on this victory :D

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    So many clerics would disagree. Not because of the things he did, but because of the things he said in public about religion.
    I think you may have misunderstood me. With a proper burial I meant Islamic burial. With a namaze-janaza and an Imam. I didn't mean that he should get a marked grave (Could lead to shirk)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I didn't ignore the protect bit :p I find it ridiculous to kill someone like that but then care much to bury him in the proper way. That sounds to me a bit too hypocritical.

I'm not humane when I kill, I am when I bury. That's why I asked Fred why it is any important to give Gaddafi a proper burial.

I will always blame anyone who kill himself to get a revenge, even if I understand him.

I will also always blame anyone who bombs himself to get a revenge by killing civilians and I can't even understand that.

You are mixing things up I'm afraid even though I personally hate such headlines and pictures on the papers.
    He deserves everything he got when alive. But when he's dead, whats the use of disrespecting him? its not like he's going to feel it, and it just isn't right. I don't know if i can explain it any more than that.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    He deserves everything he got when alive. But when he's dead, whats the use of disrespecting him? its not like he's going to feel it, and it just isn't right. I don't know if i can explain it any more than that.
    No, look, I'm not saying that you should disrespect his dead body, what I'm saying is that it's no big deal when you kill him like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)