Libya 2011 Demonstrations (10 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So the west was wrong when they weren't intervening, when they did intervene they didn't do it quickly or to the liking of others and now that Tripoli has fallen ,the Libyans did everything and the West is just waiting to steal all the oil?

I think some of you absolutely refuse to acknowledge the West doing anything right in this situation.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,666
    So the west was wrong when they weren't intervening, when they did intervene they didn't do it quickly or to the liking of others and now that Tripoli has fallen ,the Libyans did everything and the West is just waiting to steal all the oil?

I think some of you absolutely refuse to acknowledge the West doing anything right in this situation.
    I did not say that.

I think Libyans appreciate the help they got to topple that dictator but in the same time, they are starting now to think of the price they should pay that compensates for that.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Well let's say the US did only want to topple Gaddafi say they could purchase oil from the new government how is that sinister? The Libyan's get freedom from Gaddafi's regime and their new government gets a source of much needed revenue by selling oil to the West.

how is that bad for Libya?

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,668
    Well let's say the US did only want to topple Gaddafi say they could purchase oil from the new government how is that sinister? The Libyan's get freedom from Gaddafi's regime and their new government gets a source of much needed revenue by selling oil to the West.

It is not bad but I hope that will be the case, not another Iraq.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

no such thing as a free lunch, nato's involvement comes with its price, but you cant complain about it now.
    Completely agree with both posts. The time to send troops has long gone away, there is no way any foreign troops would be deployed in Libya now, not after most of the work has been done and Tripoli has been for the most part liberated. Also, i think its naive to think that the international community would intervene without something in return, there is indeed no such thing as a free lunch. Like Kyle said, its a fair price to pay, the countries that helped out, would probably have an upper hand in any oil contract negotiation, if thats the price we have to pay to get rid of Gedaffi's terrible regime and to save thousands of lives, so be it.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    China building roads and dams and shit is the exact same as NATO intervening, it's how world politics works. People act like we just some and take the oil, we pay top dollar for access to it and bring with us a lot of wage money into the economy. China would hire 0% Libyan workers, NATO countries would hire few, granted but not 0%. NATO will provide, jobs, education (through technology) and money to the Libyan people in exchange for letting us buy oil from them.

It's more than a fair deal.

Naggar

Bianconero
    Sep 4, 2007
    Reminds me of the British colony in Egypt, they used our lands a lot during world wars, they took our cotton for very cheap prices and sold us expensive clothes, they took control of our Suez canal and it's huge income and they used Egypt as their farm and the farmers as slaves.

On the other hand they built all the railroads in Egypt (for their soldiers) that are still running until today for our transportation

Not a fair deal at the end, they have to get something out of it. And this is whats happening in Afghanistian and Iraq. God I hope not Libya too

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    Technically the Suez was french but I take your point.

Oil and Agriculture are completely different, There's no oil in Afghanistan and Iraqi oil becomes Iraqi owned once the costs of modernisation are recovered through a period of foreign ownership. Without getting into too much detail, it's the governments that waste the oil money not NATO, also, Iraq isn't a NATO mission. The deals are more than fair, have you seen oil prices!?

Fun fact, Libya is Irelands biggest oil supplier.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    China building roads and dams and shit is the exact same as NATO intervening, it's how world politics works. People act like we just some and take the oil, we pay top dollar for access to it and bring with us a lot of wage money into the economy. China would hire 0% Libyan workers, NATO countries would hire few, granted but not 0%. NATO will provide, jobs, education (through technology) and money to the Libyan people in exchange for letting us buy oil from them.

It's more than a fair deal.
    :tup:

If I ever decide to be a politician, you'd be my right hand and spokesman.

Naggar

Bianconero
    Sep 4, 2007
    I'm just saying whether it's USA, a European country, UN, Nato or anyone.. No one helps for nothing, there's always a price to pay

Libya is Italy's biggest supplier too, Moratti and his gang

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    I'm just saying whether it's USA, a European country, UN, Nato or anyone.. No one helps for nothing, there's always a price to pay

Libya is Italy's biggest supplier too, Moratti and his gang
    We also sell a lot of Cows to Libya D

:tup:

If I ever decide to be a politician, you'd be my right hand and spokesman.
    Me: Hey, a letter from my pen-pal, Anya.
    Anya: Dear Daniel, as I write this, I am very sad. Our President has been overthrown and...
    Rab: ...replaced, by the benevolent General Rab. All hail Rab, and his glorious regime. Sincerly... little girl.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Btw, its still not over. Gedaffi forces are still in control of Ras Jdir border with Tunisia, they have been shelling the coastal city of Zwara for the past couple of days. Cities of Sirte, Jufra and my city Sebha are still under the control of Gedaffi forces. Gedaffi and all his sons are still at large, and until we catch or kill them, this won't be over.

Did any of you guys hear about the 4 Italian journalists that were kidnapped by Gedaffi forces on their way from Zawiya to Tripoli? Gedaff's loyalists have been reduced to armed gangs that take foreigners as hostages now :disagree:

A businessman in Benghazi has offered a bounty of 1.7M $ to whoever catches Gedaffi, dead or alive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)