Libya 2011 Demonstrations (4 Viewers)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #741
    Are you sure about these or Jazeera bullshit? I know Syria refused the no fly zone, and their answer could be convincing thou, even if it wasn't, it doesn't prove that they indeed sent weapons. I asked this for you, maybe you you know something for real, from someone inside. For me it is hard to believe, cause it is pointless and very stupid. It's not like Syrians are waiting Gaddafi to go so that they start the revolution, or if Gaddafi stays, Bashar will stay too, doesn't make sense to me. But like I said, if Syrians did that, it is very retarded..
    You can't deny the huge similarity between the two regimes though.

If you want to know that the Syrian regime is helping the Libyan one, just open on a channel called Al-Rai on Nilesat. It broadcasts from Damascus and it calls all those who are against Qaddahfi as traitors. They praise him as a hero. The same channel was broadcasting songs against Ben Ali and Mubarak previously.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    There is a huge difference between Syrian regime and this one, If you are talking about corruption, that is everywhere in Arab world, I mean it EVERYWHERE. If you are talking about their stand against the fanatics, it is true. Loads of bullshits are in Syria, stupid rules, slow growth, but don't tell me that this regime has huge similarities with Libyans, if you compare the two, Syria is a heaven. Many things should have changed, but it is not as bad as some people claim, ofcourse I am comparing to other Arab nations, comparing with foreign countries will be rubbish, Syrians just like other Arabs are thousands of years behind..

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #743
    There is a huge difference between Syrian regime and this one, If you are talking about corruption, that is everywhere in Arab world, I mean it EVERYWHERE. If you are talking about their stand against the fanatics, it is true. Loads of bullshits are in Syria, stupid rules, slow growth, but don't tell me that this regime has huge similarities with Libyans, if you compare the two, Syria is a heaven. Many things should have changed, but it is not as bad as some people claim, ofcourse I am comparing to other Arab nations, comparing with foreign countries will be rubbish, Syrians just like other Arabs are thousands of years behind..
    Can you deny that the ruling family in Syria has no popularity between the majority? They are using the same terroristic ways to shut up all of their people, not only the fanatics.

Why did they arrest Suhair Al-Attasi yesterday? Why arresting Nabeel Al-Maleh for more than two years without any reason? Many people in Syrian prisons are there since decades and no info is there about their destiny. Killing thousands in Syrian cities during 80s was too similar to what Muammar is doing right now in the cities that do not want him. Hamah city is very similat to Benghazi IMO.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Ikhwans were no saints back then, it's not like they went peacefully on demonstrations against the regime, they had weapons and tried a coupe.. And what you are saying can't be judged on Bashar and this current government, it happened 30 years ago.

The current regime is different, and has much better relation with the Sunnis, and no he is not hated by the majority. I am not saying he is a saint, and all what you said are lies, many are true, but he is no Gaddafi. Even the opposition would confirm you that. He doesn't treat the people like slaves, or do such actions in front of the TV or talk to them that way. He has a fight, to not make this country controlled by the extremists, or the ones who want to make it Islamic state, and he responds with no mercy.

btw, another planned demonstration has failed, it was planned for 15 March, don't know if you heard about it..

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #747
    I meant I am not saying all what you said are lies, many bad things you mentioned are true. but again he is no Gaddafi. Gaddafi is the worst selfish dictator I even seen.
    I agree, but Al-Assad family is not so much less brutal.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #749
    Which Arab leader isn't Abed?
    Well, to be fair, I hate the Jordanian king but he never arrested somebody because of expressing his political opinion.

They are all bad, but to arrest anybody that goes live on Aljazeera to say anything against him is just stupid IMO.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Well, to be fair, I hate the Jordanian king but he never arrested somebody because of expressing his political opinion.

They are all bad, but to arrest anybody that goes live on Aljazeera to say anything against him is just stupid IMO.
    He doesn't do that. Many people here talk bad about the regime about the corruptions and all, you don't see them get arrested, on TV, Radio, mosques everywhere.. But if there is a plan to take him off his chair, well..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    What about the ethnic cleansing of Kurds in Northern Iraq?
    I know. He didn't consider Kurds part of his people, this is the case in many countries sadly, Kurds have terrible destiny, same treatments in Syria, Turkey..

Kurds hate Arabs, Arabs hate Kurds, this is the case for centuries.. I doubt Iraqi people felt sorry for the Kurds, or were against it..

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Ikhwans were no saints back then, it's not like they went peacefully on demonstrations against the regime, they had weapons and tried a coupe.. And what you are saying can't be judged on Bashar and this current government, it happened 30 years ago.

The current regime is different, and has much better relation with the Sunnis, and no he is not hated by the majority. I am not saying he is a saint, and all what you said are lies, many are true, but he is no Gaddafi. Even the opposition would confirm you that. He doesn't treat the people like slaves, or do such actions in front of the TV or talk to them that way. He has a fight, to not make this country controlled by the extremists, or the ones who want to make it Islamic state, and he responds with no mercy.

btw, another planned demonstration has failed, it was planned for 15 March, don't know if you heard about it..
    Isn't that the oldest excuse in the book? Dictators in the Arab world have been using this excuse to brutally suppress any form of political change. Look at crazy Gaddafi, spinning this revolution as an act of terrorism by Al Qaeda (Kaeda kaeda! lol).

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Sure they abuse that excuse, they take the control and steal everything and fuck the country. On the other hand, the other option (Extremists) could be much worse, the possibility is high, everything is banned, people getting hanged for rubbish reasons..

The options were always like this, always related to religion, how sad isn't it? No one in these areas comes with plans or promises to make the country or the economy better..

Jun 13, 2007
    I was watching this Tunisian debate on BBC Arabic on whether Religion should be incorporated into politics or not. I was very impressed with the general attitude among most of them; it seems secularism is winning the battle there.

And I saw an interview for Gadaffi Jr. on Euronews where he called Sarcouzi a 'clown'. This guy is very well-educated; he's been to the top universities in the world, but for some reason; he's insane. I wonder why.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Sure they abuse that excuse, they take the control and steal everything and fuck the country. On the other hand, the other option (Extremists) could be much worse, the possibility is high, everything is banned, people getting hanged for rubbish reasons..

The options were always like this, always related to religion, how sad isn't it? No one in these areas comes with plans or promises to make the country or the economy better..
    It's sad that you rule a country as a tyrant because "the only other option is an Islamist regime". Doesn't make sense. What's even sadder is that now, when for the first time we see people take to the streets to demand change, the very same people, aren't asking for an "Islamic" state but for secular democracy. These places are more likely to see a government similar to that of Turkey than Iran (as earlier feared).

I was watching this Tunisian debate on BBC Arabic on whether Religion should be incorporated into politics or not. I was very impressed with the general attitude among most of them; it seems secularism is winning the battle there.

And I saw an interview for Gadaffi Jr. on Euronews where he called Sarcouzi a 'clown'. This guy is very well-educated; he's been to the top universities in the world, but for some reason; he's insane. I wonder why.
    Saif? I'm pretty sure he payed his way through Uni. I saw parts of his thesis, there's no way that idiot wrote that. His English is terrible and he can't throw together a proper sentence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)