Libya 2011 Demonstrations (3 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Regional media are already back to Libya. But everytime i put on CNN i find them covering Japan. Terrible whats happening there, i hope the Japanese people get past it with at least damage as possible.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Personally I think the world should intervene because many more civilians are just going to die. Gaddafi is way too deluded to decide what is right for Libya but the rebels are just too weak (they don't have ammunition & expertise) to get him out. This will lead to a massacre.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #703
    Aljazeera: Rebels captured two Syrian pilots who were helping Qaddhafi's gangs.

Syrian regime is much worse than Qaddhafi. Damn both.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #705
    One of Aljazeera crew in Benghazi was just killed by shooting him. He is a Qatari photographer called Ali Al-Jaber.

RIP.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    RIP, terrible how low Gedaffi can get, they followed them and set them up and shot at them, a reporter was wounded, and the cameraman, Ali Jaber was killed. Thousands are not out in Benghazi, shouting slogans supporting Al-Jazeera and sending condolences to Ali Jabers family.

May he RIP.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Now with the whole world concentrating on whats going on in Japan, this guy can keep doing his bullshit in the background.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #708
    Now with the whole world concentrating on whats going on in Japan, this guy can keep doing his bullshit in the background.
    He is, and unfortunately he is making some progress as he for sure has the airstrikes privilege to hit resistants and civilians whever he wants.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Thanks for asking Ahmed, ya i am in touch with my family, i come from the south, and thats where most of my family lives, there is absolutely nothing going on in the south, so ya they're safe. I have a few cousins/friends who study in Tripoli, Benghazi, Zintan, Misrata and Zawya, but they all went back South when the revolution started.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    The rebels ambush Gedaffi's forces in Brega, a number of them are killed and tens are captured.

Finally, i thought Brega was going to be a lost battle.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    I think the opposition will eventually be armed by the international community and a no-fly zone (or something similar in nature) will be placed. Then the tide will turn as Gaddafi can only rely on whatever arsenal he has and whatever man power he really has (and not mercenaries). I expect to see more defections as this goes on as his men realize that Gaddafi is a sinking ship.

I just hope all this happens sooner rather than later because this animal has no remorse. He's killing his own people without remorse.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I think the opposition will eventually be armed by the international community and a no-fly zone (or something similar in nature) will be placed. Then the tide will turn as Gaddafi can only rely on whatever arsenal he has and whatever man power he really has (and not mercenaries). I expect to see more defections as this goes on as his men realize that Gaddafi is a sinking ship.

I just hope all this happens sooner rather than later because this animal has no remorse. He's killing his own people without remorse.
    Thats the issue here, how long will it take for the no fly zone to be implemented? The way i see it, its going to take at the very least one more week, by that time many more people will have lost their lives to this animal. I really don't understand whats taking them so long to implement a no fly zone.
    Like you said, as soon as its implemented, Gedaffi loses his advantage, which is air force, a battle on the ground is in the revolution's advantage imo.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    *irony mode*
    I love how everyone is taking their sweet time trying to decide what to do. Obama delivering lines like "the violence must stop", the EU is divided. No reason to rush, it's not like anything urgent is taking place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)