Libya 2011 Demonstrations (61 Viewers)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #802
    New claims that there will be no US presence in the air above Libya (except for surveillance). The US will take out Libyan air defenses from surrounding ships.
    Actually, if USA will use its air force, it should destroy Qadhafi air defenses in advance, so it is still early to say that USA will not use its air force.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I'm just posting what I've heard on the news so far. They were claiming that the US are not deploying airsupport beyond re-fueling allied planes midair and collecting intelligence.

Apparently we've already fired over 100 missiles from the sea at "more than 20 separate targets"

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    This is the first phase of a multi-phase operation and they are claiming that there will be further strikes even before assessing the damage of the first attacks over the next six to twelve hours.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #805
    Qadhafi's one of assistants seems preparing to make a press conference.

Libyan official TV says that the crusader war has started and that ambulances are going in all around Tripoli right now trying to rescue people.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #806
    Mohammed Al-Zwai: I am saddened that my country is facing tonight a barbaric & armed attack by western states in Tripoli & Misurata

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #808
    The Qadhafi guy is an idiot and he said nothing logical. The funny thing is that the Libyan official TV did not broadcast the press conference.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #809
    Just when you think they can't surprise you anymore, they use the words Alqaeda & Crusaders in one sentence with a straight face

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #810
    Aljazeera just declared that four of its staff are held by Gaddafi since days.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #811
    Libyan State TV: Gaddafi will give a speech tonight about "crusader aggression" facing Libya

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Great! Farnce attacked in Libya, the country to be invaded soon, and they will take a good advantage of the oil. You got your wishes people, congrats!

Jul 2, 2006
    Great! Farnce attacked in Libya, the country to be invaded soon, and they will take a good advantage of the oil. You got your wishes people, congrats!
    Thought same. It's difficult to understand thanking to France and USA. Iraq people were thanking to USA too when they were about to arrive. One thing should be understood, they don't give a shit about your people. They have different interests in your country and trust me they will want to compensate their expenses.

What a coincidence btw. USA started invasion of Iraq in 19 March 2003.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Thought same. It's difficult to understand thanking to France and USA. Iraq people were thanking to USA too when they were about to arrive. One thing should be understood, they don't give a shit about your people. They have different interests in your country and trust me they will want to compensate their expenses.

What a coincidence btw. USA started invasion of Iraq in 19 March 2003.
    Exactly! My fears are the same, another Iraq, more blood.. Ofcourse the foreigners aren't saints to protect the Lybians, nobody gives a fuck about them, everything is about oil.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    @Snoop, Turk. This is very different from Iraq, first of all there are no foreign troops on Libyan soil, and that is the most important thing. Second of all, do you know how much bloodshed was stopped because of the Allies intervening? 2-3 more days and Gedaffi's troops would have been in Benghazi, do you know what he would have done had he reached Benghazi, a fucking catastrophe was going to happen. Thanks for your good intentions guys, but we're quite happy with the security council's decision, we're happy that he's now being distracted and they're are going to be less deaths and less attacks on unarmed civilians.

Of course we know that these countries arent helping us out of humanitarian reasons, we aren't naive. But we have common interests, and all parties will be happy with Gedaffi being overthrown.

Obama about to make a statement on US involvement in Libya. He has already claimed that there will be no deployment of ground troops thankfully.
    That is best for both parties, better for us, and better for you guys too.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    @Snoop, Turk. This is very different from Iraq, first of all there are no foreign troops on Libyan soil, and that is the most important thing. Second of all, do you know how much bloodshed was stopped because of the Allies intervening? 2-3 more days and Gedaffi's troops would have been in Benghazi, do you know what he would have done had he reached Benghazi, a fucking catastrophe was going to happen. Thanks for your good intentions guys, but we're quite happy with the security council's decision, we're happy that he's now being distracted and they're are going to be less deaths and less attacks on unarmed civilians.

Of course we know that these countries arent helping us out of humanitarian reasons, we aren't naive. But we have common interests, and all parties will be happy with Gedaffi being overthrown.

That is best for both parties, better for us, and better for you guys too.
    64 deaths so far (out of the aerial attacks), those are your brothers too remember that, just like Sunnis are Alawis brothers in Syria, don't want any loss or tension between them. And as for the foreign forces, I heard "Bild" claimed that there are English forces in Libya, and they are there for weeks, that's not true?

Back for the conflicts, I really don't know much about how it is in Libya, but I really hope it is promising as you are saying. Your population number is small, any disgusting war like Iraq will be massive loss for Libya, hopefully you are right.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #819
    64 deaths so far (out of the aerial attacks), those are your brothers too remember that, just like Sunnis are Alawis brothers in Syria, don't want any loss or tension between them. And as for the foreign forces, I heard "Bild" claimed that there are English forces in Libya, and they are there for weeks, that's not true?
    64 deaths? Did you follow the crisis since it started? How many 64s were killed by the idiot? I'm not decreasing the importance of the death of those 64, but the idiot gave his people no other choice. He was slaughtering them without anybody helping them. Now, when anybody gives them a hand, we should not interfer in their internal issues because simply we did not help them when they were in need, and we have no right to tell them what to do.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Not the Allies! :(

Apparently brave Gaddafi's forces have captured 11 Italian tugboat personnel. Italy has said it will use any force necessary to retrieve them.

I can't wait until Gaddafi decides to send his destroyers out. He is a clown.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)