Libya 2011 Demonstrations (7 Viewers)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #222
    Reuters: "British foreign minister [William] Hague: I have seen some information to suggest Libya's Gaddafi on his way to Venezuela."

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Two Libyan fighter jets landed unexpectedly in Malta on Monday, witnesses said, according to Reuters.

Local newspaper reporters saw the single seater Mirage jets land at Malta's international airport on Monday afternoon. The Maltese foreign ministry said it was trying to establish why the planes had landed. No other information was immediately available.
    Unconfirmed: Someone on Twitter said that those were Libyan pilots fleeing the country as Gaddafi told them "Go bomb protesters or you'll be killed"!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    This fucking crazy criminal animal is even worse than Stalin and Hitler combined. Burning soldiers because they refused to shoot at civilians? Somebody should kill this fucking pig

RIP to all the Libyan's victims.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #225
    Unconfirmed: Someone on Twitter said that those were Libyan pilots fleeing the country as Gaddafi told them "Go bomb protesters or you'll be killed"!
    More from Reuters on the arrival of two Libyan fighter jets in Malta:

Two Libyan fighter jets and two civilian helicopters landed unexpectedly in Malta on Monday, witnesses said.

Local newspaper reporters saw the single-seater Mirage jets land at Malta's international airport.

Airport sources said two helicopters carrying seven people claiming to be French citizens also landed at the airport. Maltese authorities were checking their identities, the sources said.

The office of prime minister Lawrence Gonzi said it was not clear whether the two fighter pilots intended to ask for asylum. They initially had asked to refuel, it said.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #226
    Salem Gnan, a London-based spokesman for the National Front for the Salvation of Libya, says eyewitnesses in Tripoli have told him the navy has opened fire on parts of the capital.

"We have just heard that the military ships are bombing an area in Tripoli and many people have been killed although we don't know how many at the moment because people have just called to tell us it is happening."

Gnan said the navy appeared to be bombing a residential area outside the city centre as part of a desperate crackdown by Gaddafi's troops.

"He is even turning the ships on his people now. His plan is to use absolutely everything he can to stop what is happening."

Gnan said he had had also had reports of ongoing shooting around Gaddafi's residence in Tripoli and said more people were taking to the capital's streets as darkness fell.

"This is going on because if it stops that means it is finished. This will be the last act." He said people were travelling to Tripoli from across the west of Libya for a "final showdown."

"I have had calls from people in towns and cities all across Libya. Those in the east can not get out but those in towns and cities in western Libya, everybody is saying: "We are going to Tripoli." The plan is to come from everywhere and go to Tripoli to sack the city, for the finish."

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #229
    A Libyan on Aljazeera: We will not forget the silence of the world which is happening now.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I want to know why most of the Arabs politicians are ignoring this but were barking like dogs for the Egyptians? Is it only for interests? Same when it comes to Iran none of them has condemned or did a thing.

Forza Libya.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #232
    An analyst for London-based consultancy Control Risks said the use of military aircraft on his own people indicated the end was approaching for Muammar Gaddafi.

"These really seem to be last, desperate acts. If you're bombing your own capital, it's really hard to see how you can survive," said Julien Barnes-Dacey, Control Risks' Middle East analyst.

"But I think Gaddafi is going to put up a fight. I think the rumours of him fleeing to Venezuela are going to prove wide of the mark. In Libya more than any other country in the region, there is the prospect of serious violence and outright conflict."

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #233
    I want to know why most of the Arabs politicians are ignoring this but were barking like dogs for the Egyptians? Is it only for interests? Same when it comes to Iran none of them has condemned or did a thing.

Forza Libya.
    Arab politicians are dummies, bro.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Breaking news: Military planes are bombarding the demonstrators now
    that us easily the sickest thing i ever ever heard off in 27 years!!! using planes to bomb yr people!! daa sorry lel lafez bas daa ebn weskhaaaa metnak!!! i cant wait to see his end bec i'm sure its going to be horrific and well deserved.

Now, all telecommunications are off in Libya.
    so no one reports whats happening to the out side world the same retarded way of thinking

Aljazeera: Egyptian borders guards forbid injured people from entering to Egypt and forbids aid from entering to Libya.
    i think its bec after his speech last night if egypt or tunisia get involved we can be sure he is sooo going to go stupid on us. i think this is temp though i doubt they will stop people from getting in specially if they r injured. we have to wait and see what happens though i hope they let them in and let food get in its very important these people get treated and get aids there way.

Two Libyan fighter jets landed unexpectedly in Malta on Monday, witnesses said, according to Reuters.

Local newspaper reporters saw the single seater Mirage jets land at Malta's international airport on Monday afternoon. The Maltese foreign ministry said it was trying to establish why the planes had landed. No other information was immediately available.
    this is a good thing by the way it means not the entire army is in this, and this could actually play in the people's favour bec it means the army is not one unit like it was in tunisia and egypt so i would take this as glimpse of hope that many other units follow. after that the bastard is on his own.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #237
    i think its bec after his speech last night if egypt or tunisia get involved we can be sure he is sooo going to go stupid on us. i think this is temp though i doubt they will stop people from getting in specially if they r injured. we have to wait and see what happens though i hope they let them in and let food get in its very important these people get treated and get aids there way.
    I hope that I'm wrong, Ahmad, but I heard in the last few days some analyses that Mubarak is still controlling the situation in Egypt and that nothing happens without his approval. That is the risk of having corrupt army leading the country. If Mubarak is the real leader in Egypt, that explains the behavior of the Egyptain border guards.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Maybe my question will sound stupid, but is there a chance some of the Arab countries to start a war between each other?
    What do you mean?

Do you mean to intervene in Libya. Because that is impossible, there is a much bigger chance of Switzerland sending an army to the aid of Libya than any other Arab country helping Libya.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)