Leonardo Spinazzola (11 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I like him, but hugely exposed at times and needs to know when to not get caught up field.

No coincidence that Parma got so many chances down the left.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'd say his positioning issues would be pretty minimal if he didn't have that bad injury lay off and was rotating properly but as of now yeah he's a bit too trigger happy with his runs. Technically sound though. I like the look of him.

Jun 6, 2015
Looked great after so many months off the field. Will give AS run for his money.
I really don't see it. Alex Sandro is one of the best in the world in his position, both going forward and defensively. Spinazzola is a good backup though.

- - - Updated - - -

I like him, but hugely exposed at times and needs to know when to not get caught up field.

No coincidence that Parma got so many chances down the left.
He's used to having that additional cb behind him. Will probably take some time getting used to playing in a back four.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I don't like a left back who can't cross with his left foot.
I agree very much with this. How many good crosses did he actually get in? I don't think I saw one. He cut inside and laid it off almost every time. He's skillful and quick and that gets him in some nice positions to cross but alas, he can't capitalize because his left foot is non-existent.Only someone like Robben can get away with cutting in every single time.

Also, defensively the left side of the defense was far less solid than the right tonight. I don't know if he's to blame for the second goal, whether he should have been tracking Kuco's run but it was way way too easy for Kuco to get in behind there.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I agree very much with this. How many good crosses did he actually get in? I don't think I saw one. He cut inside and laid it off almost every time. He's skillful and quick and that gets him in some nice positions to cross but alas, he can't capitalize because his left foot is non-existent.Only someone like Robben can get away with cutting in every single time.

Also, defensively the left side of the defense was far less solid than the right tonight. I don't know if he's to blame for the second goal, whether he should have been tracking Kuco's run but it was way way too easy for Kuco to get in behind there.
Exactly. He is a decent right winger used as a left back.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well yeah thats obvious, he is a right footed wide player who is converted to LB for some reason. Its kinda corious he rarely been tried as RB btw.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
So is he a new Roberto Carlos or not? I'm confused

Overrating italian players is so usual here. He's doing great for a backup player Who needs playing time to improve in general

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Reminded me a bit of Zambrotta, wide right-footed player that can play probably as a winger too. I liked what I saw, especially after all the time he has been out for and taking into consideration that he will probably get to know the system of our team better. One of the few ones trying and causing issues..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)